*** The Official Hibs V Rangers Match Thread ***

This game has danger written all over it. Last two occasions we have played Hibs they pretty much dominated the first half of both games, first meeting they could have been 3 or 4 up by half time and yeah we strolled the 2nd half but their quality was evident.

Last match at Ibrox was similar in the respect that they could have been 2 up by half time, took a wonder strike by Tav for us to take a tight and difficult game.

Past few weeks have shown that both teams have been struggling for a decent performance but still getting the results, my worry is our fragility at the back and Hibs are more than good enough to exploit that but we have been poor of late.

If both teams perform to their best then we should win fairly comfortably but will we have our passing shoes on ?

No Zelalem or Oduwa for me.play Ball in front of Kiernan and Wilson.swe need to win the midfield battle first to allow us to play our passing game.if we start with our normal formation we will get beaten I think.would accept a draw right now.

The only way Hibs will score is if they get a shinroller volley from 6 yards out or a penalty. We will nullify them and win the game, of that i'm certain. It doesn't matter if it took until 80 minutes, we are going to tuck them away. Keep Believing.

Hibs have been on a decent run of late & are worthy of concern, to dismiss any team is wrong.

Defensively, we haven't looked the strongest, however we have improved in recent games with the replacement of Ball for Wilson which has improved our central pairing.

Hibs are more than capable of causing us our first defeat, however the flip side of that is we are more than capable of beating them by 2 or 3 clear goals, in our most recent meeting we caused them all sorts of problems and could or should've scored more, although the same could be said if Hibs.

In summary ... I'll happily take a draw right now but always hope for the win

3+ goals in this game,hopefully have a strong midfield and then push the team onto a good win against this lot,a win will put all below us in no dout we will walk away with the league this season its like a 6 pointer game really. :pipe:

Hibs have been on a decent run of late & are worthy of concern, to dismiss any team is wrong.

Defensively, we haven't looked the strongest, however we have improved in recent games with the replacement of Ball for Wilson which has improved our central pairing.

Hibs are more than capable of causing us our first defeat, however the flip side of that is we are more than capable of beating them by 2 or 3 clear goals, in our most recent meeting we caused them all sorts of problems and could or should've scored more, although the same could be said if Hibs.

In summary ... I'll happily take a draw right now but always hope for the win

Ace. I have often disagreed with you in the past but, on this occasion, I am 100% with you.

Not sure why we'd throw Ball in at DM, when we've not played him there before and he's doing great at CB - has anyone actually seen him play there?

I think the team picks itself really...

Wes

Tav Ball Kiernan Wallace

Halliday

Holt sheils

Oduwa Waghorn McKay

Hope Miller comes on later in the game when it is stretched, far better 'impact' player. Also zelalem/law available to freshen things up middle of the park.

Fixed that for u bud ?

Hibs are on a good run but so they should be aswell- they can play decent stuff and have some promising players and so it shouldn't be unexpected. But Rangers are coming to town and I think our winning run will go on for a while yet, yes teams have flooded the middle of the park ever since week 5 but we've still always won as we have the better players

just remember, in the last match we didn't get into the full swing until 30 mins then rifled 2 goals in in the space of like 8 mins before half time. Even if it looks evenly matched we have the power to turn this match on it's head in a few minutes, whereas Hibs don't. If they are lucky they would score an early goal then park the bus and see it out and I think that's the only way I could see them winning but I don't think that will happen either, there is more chance of them parking the bus and holding it to a draw than beating us