*** The Official Hibs V Rangers Match Thread ***

Tough game today and will be even tougher next weekend at Easter Road.

I mentioned in the Danny Wilson thread that I think he may come into the team and Ball into the holding role as he is so composed on the ball, not to mention quick and physical.

Allows for a more physical midfield that can keep the ball.

Wes

Tavernier

Wilson

Kiernan

Wallace

Holt

Ball

Halliday

McKay

Waghorn

Oduwa

Law, Miller, Shiels, Zelalem, Hardie & Clark in reserve.

Rangers to shade it 1-0.

good call putting Ball in to the holding role, I feel Halliday and Zelalem would be left too exposed.

definitely need to up our game for this one. Hibs will go out all guns blazing for the first 15/20 minutes and we'll need to contain them for that period.

I think if we're going to score it will be on the counter. the 2 wingers, if Warburton plays this way, will be vital IMO. McKay and Waghorn would be my choice with Miller through the middle (not ideal but I think he'd be more effective than Clark)

I think we need to deploy Ball as a sweeper in-between Halliday and Kiernan and Wilson to combat the threat of Jason Cummings and stop him from getting on the ball, Cummings is like Midas, everything he touches turns to goals. If he gets a touch of the ball between our 6 yard line and goal line he is a sure bet to score. ps just kidding lol, I mentioned 6 yard line because otherwise his shots/efforts would probably be too tame to go in

FODERINGHAM, TAVERNIER, WILSON(?), BALL, WALLACE, HOLT, HALLIDAY, LAW, ODUWA, WAGHORN, MCKAY

I think we should pack the full stadium with bears even the main stand and then everyone start doing the bouncy at the same time.

Biggest game so far and doubt it'll be easy in the slightest but if we win we've won the league.

Foderingham

Tavernier Ball Kiernan Wallace

Zelalem Halliday Holt

Oduwa Waghorn McKay

I know Zelalem had a shocker today but I still prefer him to Shiels and this game will suit him more than the St Mirren hatchet men. I'd actually consider starting Clark RW but I'd go for Oduwa purely because he has moments of brilliance albeit inconsistent plus I'd love him to win a dodgy penalty against them.

2-1 us

I quite like the idea of Ball as defensive midfielder when playing against stronger teams. I don't think we utilize Halliday enough in that position. Miller should never start and I thought Clark looked effective when he came on. McKay needs dropped, loses possession far too much.

Play like we did today and we'll lose the 100% record. Too many players going off their game at the same time, we can't move the ball about the same as before and too many misplaced passes that seems to drain confidence.

Good test/challenge for MW and the team. Recapturing a bit of confidence and form is much more important than formation.

at the end of the match Stubbs like that in the presser: I think we could have got a better result, we created chances, worked them hard . Match result 3 0 Rangers. Hibs to try and attack but all of their shots off target or else tame efforts like usual.

Not sure why we'd throw Ball in at DM, when we've not played him there before and he's doing great at CB - has anyone actually seen him play there?

I think the team picks itself really...

Wes

Tav Ball Kiernan Wallace

Halliday

Holt Zelalem

Oduwa Waghorn McKay

Only question mark for me would be Law in for Zelalem possibly. Hope Miller comes on later in the game when it is stretched, far better 'impact' player.

Does anyone know how Hibs managed to reschedule their league cup quarter final to the 4th of November when they should be playing this midweek?

I think this is an all or nothing game for Hibs so I expect them to attack and press us which could suit us better. This game reminds me of when we had a chance to close the gap versus Hearts at Tynecastle and blew it in November last year only this time we are the team at the top.

Not sure why we'd throw Ball in at DM, when we've not played him there before and he's doing great at CB - has anyone actually seen him play there?

Wes

Tav Ball Kiernan Wallace

Halliday

Holt Zelalem

Oduwa Waghorn McKay

Only question mark for me would be Law in for Zelalem possibly. Hope Miller comes on later in the game when it is stretched, far better 'impact' player.

I like the idea of Ball as DM but I also realize it won't happen.

Wes

Tav Ball Kiernan Wallace

Halliday

Holt Zelalem

Oduwa Waghorn McKay

I'm sure ball played in there for us away to Ayr in one of the cups earlier in season??

I might be wrong.

I'm sure ball played in there for us away to Ayr in one of the cups earlier in season??

I might be wrong.

Aye, you're wrong bud. We dropped Kiernan for that game and he played CB.

Halliday has played the holding midfielder role all season.

Would be good to see maybe a formation change maybe to 4-4-2 and have mackay and halliday on the wings.

Wes

Tav ball wilson wallace

Halliday holt law mackay

Waghorn oduwa

This is based on if the players are fit to return

Warburton will not change formation. If plan A isn't working we have to do plan A better. The same formation is being used for every level at the club.