Kevin Nolan

MacBoyd

I've sort of done a U-turn on this in the last hour or so,I'd sign him if he was fit and wouldn't demand a heavy wage.

He's the type of player we've been crying out for in midfield,and I'd imagine Warburton is looking at him because of the Eustace situation.

That's if you believe the rumours,still haven't seen anything 100% concrete that he's training with us.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly

Here's some insight from a West Ham fan.

First two seasons contribution was fantastic. Vital goals, cracking leader and motivator on the pitch. His latter two seasons however were shocking. He's well passed his sell by date and offered hardly anything and it was as if we were a man down in most games,

Last seasons 30 games are a red herring. Fat Sam had to shoehorn his man even at the expense of a progressing West Ham side. Fatty decided an inform Downing who was having something of purple patch at the tip of the diamond for his mate Kevin who offered nothing and scored a grand total of one goal I think.

Would he offer Rangers anything? Maybe as a coach and motivator, not so much as a player?

Is he a Celtic man? Only until it reads Rangers on his wage slip. (If, obviously.)

Pretty sure guys like Sir Davie Weir, Miller and Wallace can provide that kind of help to the young guys coming up. Do we need him to win the league? No! Is he going to be good enough when we are going for 55? No! As someone else said the days of wasting money on players adding little or no value are gone. Having this guy in the team is stopping someone else getting a chance which will have a better chance of adding something to the club in the long term. This is one of the mistakes McCoist made and was roundly criticised correctly by the support. Fuck all to do with his personal hygiene!

Obviously Warburton doesn't feel like they can provide enough or he wouldn't have spent months looking at Eustace and now (allegedly) Nolan.

McCoist got criticised for his decisions because he made the same mistakes over and over again and never learned from them. Warburton hasn't made those mistakes and in four months he's already proven that he knows what he's doing more than McCoist ever did in his four years.

I'm not committing either way and saying that Nolan will be good or bad because I don't actually know know. He might be another Beattie or Ostenstad but at the same time he might be another Weir or Wattereus so rather than just totally dismiss a player and what he might offer, I'm actually going to trust the manager to evaluate him and ultimately make the right decision because he's got every single one right so far with regards to who he has brought in.

EDIT: I see that this has been denied but I'd still have this opinion if we were to bring in another older player to evaluate.

Tbf, he must have something to offer if he had six championship teams on his tail. He is a much better player than Miller, if he was coming into replace Miller I wouldn't complain. He would walk straight into the team, his pace may not be there but he has other aspects to the game as well, he has a very good shot on him, good with the ball at his feet and can pass it. If he improves the team, can't argue with that!

How can he replace Miller? Nolan is a midfielder.

And also, his wages are about 40 grand a week outside our budget.

And he's a scouser.

Here's some insight from a West Ham fan.

First two seasons contribution was fantastic. Vital goals, cracking leader and motivator on the pitch. His latter two seasons however were shocking. He's well passed his sell by date and offered hardly anything and it was as if we were a man down in most games,

Last seasons 30 games are a red herring. Fat Sam had to shoehorn his man even at the expense of a progressing West Ham side. Fatty decided an inform Downing who was having something of purple patch at the tip of the diamond for his mate Kevin who offered nothing and scored a grand total of one goal I think.

Would he offer Rangers anything? Maybe as a coach and motivator, not so much as a player?

Is he a Celtic man? Only until it reads Rangers on his wage slip. (If, obviously.)

Shades of Jig?