An Idea Regarding Potential Boycotts If They Strip Titles

K.A.I

This is just an idea I was thinking about. No doubt the usual suspects will be right in to shoot it down but was just thinking....

We all know we are all too divided a fanbase to make boycotts fully work. I am bad for it myself. The games we've played at Tynecastle and Easter Road since we got demoted I've been to - with thousands of others - and if I wasn't working for the St Mirren away game a couple of weeks ago I'd have been there too .... aswell as going to Falkirk and Raith Rovers - two other Rangers-hating clubs.

We couldn't even get 100% of the fanbase onside when we played one of the worst, Dundee United, and it came directly from the club - which was one of the things Green did get right if we are honest with ourselfs.

I've always said I'd never insult or decry a fan for going against a "boycott" to see their football team. It's 100% their right.

That said, I was thinking. Chelsea for example, do an away season ticket for domestic games. You pay something like £800 a year and you get a ticket for every single away game domestically. Just like your season ticket to Ibrox works.

If these bastards tried again to take our titles off us the club should then come out and offer these "away season tickets" but with a difference.

We open up Ibrox with these season tickets on every single away match day and have the games on the big screens so no-one misses the games and we feel like we are still doing our part supporting the club.

Obviously you wouldn't pay £800 for this but if we were strong willed enough we could be handing over the match-ticket prices of all these away games we'd have been at anyway directly to the club who, on the promise of this cash (no exceptions or broken promises) spend it on a much higher caliber of player which will over-compensate for having no fans there at a difficult venue and still triumph on the park.

All the supporters cash getting kept within the club. Win-win.

I honestly think if they stripped us of any titles after everything we've been through I'd be finished with football. What's the point if you can win a hard fought league or trophy one day, only for the jealous bigots to take it away from you the next day as they see fit. That said, I would still give my money to Rangers this way to still play my part.

As I said though, I'd never think less of anyone for supporting their team. I am just throwing this idea out there in the event of worst case scenario and something a bit radical.

Just a thought.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just an idea I was thinking about. No doubt the usual suspects will be right in to shoot it down but was just thinking....

We all know we are all too divided a fanbase to make boycotts fully work. I am bad for it myself. The games we've played at Tynecastle and Easter Road since we got demoted I've been to - with thousands of others - and if I wasn't working for the St Mirren away game a couple of weeks ago I'd have been there too .... aswell as going to Falkirk and Raith Rovers - two other Rangers-hating clubs.

We couldn't even get 100% of the fanbase onside when we played one of the worst, Dundee United, and it came directly from the club - which was one of the things Green did get right if we are honest with ourselfs.

I've always said I'd never insult or decry a fan for going against a "boycott" to see their football team. It's 100% their right.

That said, I was thinking. Chelsea for example, do an away season ticket for domestic games. You pay something like £800 a year and you get a ticket for every single away game domestically. Just like your season ticket to Ibrox works.

If these bastards tried again to take our titles off us the club should then come out and offer these "away season tickets" but with a difference.

We open up Ibrox with these season tickets on every single away match day and have the games on the big screens so no-one misses the games and we feel like we are still doing our part supporting the club.

Obviously you wouldn't pay £800 for this but if we were strong willed enough we could be handing over the match-ticket prices of all these away games we'd have been at anyway directly to the club who, on the promise of this cash (no exceptions or broken promises) spend it on a much higher caliber of player which will over-compensate for having no fans there at a difficult venue and still triumph on the park.

I honestly think if they stripped us of any titles after everything we've been through I'd be finished with football. What's the point if you can win a hard fought league or trophy one day, only for the jealous bigots to take it away from you the next day as they see fit. That said, I would still give my money to Rangers this way to still play my part.

As I said though, I'd never think less of anyone for supporting their team. I am just throwing this idea out there in the event of worst case scenario and something a bit radical.

Just a thought.

Unfortunately, we would not be allowed to beam back live matches. Good idea tho'.

Unfortunately, we would not be allowed to beam back live matches. Good idea tho'.

Would it not be upto BT or SKY mate as they are the providers? would it not be any different to having it on in a public place like a pub or hall - but obviously on a bigger scale.

Let's speculate

An appeal isn't launched and tims write to all the clubs to back their bid

If that happens, successful or not, the team who have supported their vendetta should be publicly named and their grounds boycotted for ever

Also if this was to transpire I wonder if a case for beam-back games to return to ibrox could be explored, so fans could still see these particular games

I'm leaning more towards this too but I'm just thinking out loud in case they do attempt it.

No use wasting time and energy worrying about something that will probably never happen mate.

However, if it ever does come to pass it will be the thing that unites the support and the game in this country will never be the same again. Of that I have no doubt.

Supporting the team means going to venues and giving money to our enemies. It's a catch 22 but, after spending thousands across the country in years gone by, none of out haters will get another penny from me.

In many cases a lot of us will have attended more matches at the grounds of home fans who want us punished.

They care more about the negatives they associate with us than any positives associated with their own clubs.

And the vast majority will pay or receive cash in hand whenever the opportunity arises. Indeed, if any of them start their shite just ask them if they have ever paid or been paid in this way. Hypocritical bastards theclot of them.

Would it not be upto BT or SKY mate as they are the providers? would it not be any different to having it on in a public place like a pub or hall - but obviously on a bigger scale.

Only if our game is being shown. Otherwise, the fixture lists belong to SPFL and their agreement would be necessary. Nuff said.

On principle, I have not and will not go to another away game in Scotland because of the treatment we received in 2012. Would love it if other fans did the same, if only for a season or two to make a point, but it will never happen. Anyway, with us being out of the top league for three years, think the other teams have already cut their cloth to suit on this.

IMO the only thing that could bring them to their knees is to put the tv money under threat. Not easy to do, would take a lot of bottle and brinkmanship on our side as they would probably threaten us with all sorts of sanctions. But if we held our nerve could be a game changer. You only need to see how the chinaman raced to take the early morning flight back in 2012 when the tv deal was threatened. Oh, and changed the league set up into the bargain.

Just a thought.

There's so much wrong with this I'm not sure where to start.

We'd need to buy the rights to broadcast the game first of all with the agreement of all sides involved.

we couldn't broadcast any away game with a Saturday 3pm kick off.

I think the current rule book actually forbids live beam backs of game. That would need a change of rules to make it possible.

Most importantly, if we were doing this to the financial detriment of every other club then there's absolutely no chance of it being allowed whatsoever. I'm sure clubs will fall over themselves to give us their tv rights, away gate money and allow us to move every single away game from 3pm.

There's so much wrong with this I'm not sure where to start.

We'd need to buy the rights to broadcast the game first of all with the agreement of all sides involved.

we couldn't broadcast any away game with a Saturday 3pm kick off.

I think the current rule book actually forbids live beam backs of game. That would need a change of rules to make it possible.

Most importantly, if we were doing this to the financial detriment of every other club then there's absolutely no chance of it being allowed whatsoever. I'm sure clubs will fall over themselves to give us their tv rights, away gate money and allow us to move every single away game from 3pm.

1- I didn't know we had to buy the rights of the broadcast. I assumed it would work on the same principle as venue showing a live game (i.e pay for it at a premium and not a special application status)

2- I know we couldn't show live games at 3pm on a Saturday. I actually meant to put that exception in.

3- Yes, I agree actually. That would be the sticking point - the other clubs would soon get together and change the rules again to hinder us doing this. I was talking ideally anyway !!

I think I'd jack it in, possibly go to a few Rangers home games a season but to me it would be the death of Scottish football.

I don't have appetite to spend thousands following Rangers home and away only to be told years later the games were technically meaningless.

I don't think it will happen but if it did Rangers should go down every avenue to not accept that, even if that means refusing to play games.

Don't think a full boycott is wanted or workable tbh. I think the closest we could get is to pick on one particular team that seems to be the most outspoken and concentrate on them , should they carry on with this madness.

Thomson of DU , seemed to take particular pleasure in our problems a few years back , and he's one for watching , though in a perfect world they won't be in the top division this time next year :lol:

The spfl are skint don't think they couldn't afford the legal fees if they try to take titles.

Also we should put it out there that us fans would sue them for return of season ticket money in the seasons they decided to make void they'd shit themselves at the thought of more and more legal fees piling up

At the end of the day I cant see myself not going to away games. I love away trips. Id back a Club organised boycott but otherwise id support the team because as OP said a fan organised boycott wouldnt work anyway and we couldnt beam back games