Agm Live Updates - 10Am

GOAT

If I was being a cynic, they could just pay back the loan to SD, get securities back (Murray Park, Albion car park etc) and then take out another secured loan from the bank or wherever to pay back the directors.

I don't think that's a cynical view. I actually think it makes way more sense than continuing to owe SD the money with all the strings attached.

I'd rather owe the bank 5m at a normal reasonable interest rate and security.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that's a cynical view. I actually think it makes way more sense than continuing to owe SD the money with all the strings attached.

I'm assuming they weighed this option up and realised it made better financial sense to stay with the Ashley deal at the time. But now they're maybe in a position to get more favourable rates or just that they desperately want to get rid of Ashley as a priority, whatever the cost.

Dave King confirming that Mark Warburton WILL have money - actual, real hard cash - to spend in the January window. The club is also in talks with the SFA and SPFL to increase their involvement in the games governing bodies at boardroom and decision-making level.

Yes but what are we giving up in return

I'm assuming they weighed this option up and realised it made better financial sense to stay with the Ashley deal at the time. But now they're maybe in a position to get more favourable rates or just that they desperately want to get rid of Ashley as a priority, whatever the cost.

Either way, I am happy we have decided to do this. It lessens Ashleys grip on our revenue stream a bit, we get out IP and trademarks back, he no longer has a floating charge over our assets, and we get the securities on Auchenoiwe and The ACP back too.

Altogether a lot of good stuff coming from the AGM this year, pretty happy with it overall :)

Give it a rest. Are we going to start sending out enforcers to start ripping scarves off railings and confiscating badges? What about the wee guy selling sweets for the weans, will we tip over his table and tell him to fuck off?

Guys are probably making about 100 quid a game if they're lucky, ffs.

£100 x say 30 vendors x all our home games = shit loads not coming to the club

You do realise that the running costs and policing costs of doing this ourselves would outweigh any financial benefit to the club?

Then there's the fact that some of these guys are selling customised items that are not directly linked to Rangers (how can you stop someone selling a king billy badge that has no mention of Rangers on it?), plus the fact it would be a PR disaster for the club (pictures of the wee disabled sweet seller in tears as Rangers enforcers kick his table over).

Seriously mate, get some perspective.

They aren't numbered on a phone

Either way, I am happy we have decided to do this. It lessens Ashleys grip on our revenue stream a bit, we get out IP and trademarks back, he no longer has a floating charge over our assets, and we get the securities on Auchenoiwe and The ACP back too.

Altogether a lot of good stuff coming from the AGM this year, pretty happy with it overall :)

But does that mean we are in FIFA 17 :D ??!!

My take on it was that they were looking into the legalities of the actual deal itself, by which paying back the loan would in itself be admitting that it was indeed all above board, so with Ashley refusing to budge on anything relating to the deal, they must have exhausted all avenues and agreed to settle the £5 mil. I still don't think Ashley will renegotiate on it though so at best all we will get out of it is the start of the 7 year notice period which is fucking insane, agreed though plenty of positives to be taken from it.

You do realise that the running costs and policing costs of doing this ourselves would outweigh any financial benefit to the club?

Then there's the fact that some of these guys are selling customised items that are not directly linked to Rangers (how can you stop someone selling a king billy badge that has no mention of Rangers on it?), plus the fact it would be a PR disaster for the club (pictures of the wee disabled sweet seller in tears as Rangers enforcers kick his table over).

Seriously mate, get some perspective.

I think i've caught a Saturday seller here i can see no disadvantage to the club. Every pound should be a prisoner.

and what Bank wants us at this moment ? also there would be zero chance of a reasonable interest rate given what we are going through.

I think i've caught a Saturday seller here i can see no disadvantage to the club. Every pound should be a prisoner.

I forgot to add, these guys are not selling their wares on Rangers land, so Rangers can't personally police it, just keep applying to the council/police/trading standards etc to control it. You think that's really worthwhile and practical?

At least i've given the practicalities a bit of thought, instead of just jumping in with 2 big mongo feet with completely illogical suggestions.

and what Bank wants us at this moment ? also there would be zero chance of a reasonable interest rate given what we are going through.

Things have changed a bit over the last couple of years mate, we are no longer a start up company, we have assets to use as security, we have a lot of income coming in through the gates.

I don't think we would struggle too much to get a loan from a bank again, we might have to pay a bit more interest than would be ideal, but surely it's better than giving away as much as we gave away for the last 5m.

It seems to be a moot point anyway mate, as it seems that the loan will once again be converted to shares.

I forgot to add, these guys are not selling their wares on Rangers land, so Rangers can't personally police it, just keep applying to the council/police/trading standards etc to control it. You think that's really worthwhile and practical?

At least i've given the practicalities a bit of thought, instead of just jumping in with 2 big mongo feet with completely illogical suggestions.

You are just blabbering nonsense now.i cant get how any supporter in our current financial plight is not worried about every penny leaving the club.

You are just blabbering nonsense now.i cant get how any supporter in our current financial plight is not worried about every penny leaving the club.

What part specifically is nonsense? If you have a plan to make this feasible then let's hear specifics on how you are going to implement it? Or is it all just bluff and bullshit as usual?

Things have changed a bit over the last couple of years mate, we are no longer a start up company, we have assets to use as security, we have a lot of income coming in through the gates.

I don't think we would struggle too much to get a loan from a bank again, we might have to pay a bit more interest than would be ideal, but surely it's better than giving away as much as we gave away for the last 5m.

It seems to be a moot point anyway mate, as it seems that the loan will once again be converted to shares.

I think you're being a bit optimistic there. I think we are still viewed as a financial basket-case. Even under Murray, pre-BTC, we were using Ticketus for a reason.

Without any obvious guarantor amongst the directors or shareholders, I don't think any conventional financial institution will touch us. As you say though, it's a moot point just now.

I'm pretty sure the world of the on-the-street fanzine sellers morphed into the GIANT creature that is the on-line fans website?

Or did I get that wrong?

What part specifically is nonsense? If you have a plan to make this feasible then let's hear specifics on how you are going to implement it? Or is it all just bluff and bullshit as usual?

Its all nonsense that you have posted, plenty supporters rally round and help the club without the need for self profit. Do you honestly think its okay for all the various Groups and Traders to take money away from Rangers, Money that should go to our club.

I struggle to see the point you are making.