Richard Wilson Knows F*** All.

Siam69

:power_of_anguish: For me, Wilson is the best journalist out there. If he reports something, then I tend to give it a bit of credence.
Still can't see him going, but looks like Fulham are very serious in wanting him!
_86982693_11456604.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34980312

Warburton joined Rangers in the summer after a spell in charge of Brentford

1 December 2015 Last updated at 20:39

Fulham consider move for Rangers manager Mark Warburton _74284950_img_1624.jpgBy Richard Wilson BBC Scotland

Fulham have identified Rangers boss Mark Warburton as a serious candidate to succeed Kit Symons as manager.

BBC Sport understands that Warburton will now be actively pursued by the English Championship side, who sacked Symons last month.

Fulham have turned their attention to Warburton after missing out on Reading manager Steve Clarke and Birmingham City boss Gary Rowett.

There has been no official contact between Fulham and Rangers yet.

BBC Sport also understands that there is recognition from Fulham that they may have to wait until the January transfer window before the situation is resolved.

Warburton and the Rangers chairman Dave King have spoken about the possibility of adding to the club's squad in January.

The Englishman only arrived at Ibrox during the summer, and may feel that his ambitions can be fulfilled at the club, with promotion a necessity in this campaign.

Fulham are 13th in the English Championship, with former Celtic midfielder Peter Grant in caretaker charge of the first team. He wants to retain his role with the development squad, though.

The search for a new manager is being conducted by Mike Rigg, the chief football officer, who was previously technical director at Queens Park Rangers and Manchester City.

Warburton, who spent 18 months in charge of Brentford, is from London and members of his family live in the city.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still don't see the problem. I've absolutely no doubt that Fulham want him and will make an approach (that's their right)

There's no evidence to suggest that Warburton wants to go, though. That's the difference. When a journo (Rangers friendly or not) comes out with something to back up the notion he's interested in leaving I'll worry then.

The building blocks are in place. Did Swansea fall apart as they lost manager after manager? Barcelona? Basel? No, the building blocks were in place for others to take the club forward the way the club was made to. If he goes, he goes, it gives another man a wonderful opportunity to carry on the good work. It's all about Rangers, not Mark Warburton.

They might want him, but it's clear they have spoken to two other managers first, (Stevie Clark and another?) so a bit insulting to be third choice! I hope our manager makes it clear he is here for the long term and puts a stop to the BBC/other media trying to get him away!

To be honest, there is no doubt Warburton would've been offered plenty of Championship jobs this Season, whether he took the Rangers job, or even a time out for a few months. He would've been well aware of that as well.

But he took the Rangers job with Davy Weir, so as i said in the OP, i can't see him moving.

Though, it's more than just a rumour, looks like Fulham have definitely made him their number 1 target.

I don't doubt the seriousness of Fulham's intentions and desire to get Warburton, and to be honest you can't blame them or any other club who want him. I also know money generally talks in football and very few people can be trusted. However, Warburton is one of the very few people within football who you genuinely believe. He has an honesty and integrity to him that not many have. Money doesn't seem to motivate him and I believe he'll be here for a good while yet. He's at a massive club where he has a big say in what goes on. That doesn't happen at many clubs. He also knows the massive potential we have if the foundations, structure and plans are put in place correctly. There is no way in a million years he will leave us now, especially at this moment in time, and especially for Fulham.

Rumours like this will continue for months and hopefully years to come but I really hope they do continue, because if they do, then it means we are doing what we do best on the park..........

I don't doubt the seriousness of Fulham's intentions and desire to get Warburton, and to be honest you can't blame them or any other club who want him. I also know money generally talks in football and very few people can be trusted. However, Warburton is one of the very few people within football who you genuinely believe. He has an honesty and integrity to him that not many have. Money doesn't seem to motivate him and I believe he'll be here for a good while yet. He's at a massive club where he has a big say in what goes on. That doesn't happen at many clubs. He also knows the massive potential we have if the foundations, structure and plans are put in place correctly. There is no way in a million years he will leave us now, especially at this moment in time, and especially for Fulham.

Rumours like this will continue for months and hopefully years to come but I really hope they do continue, because if they do, then it means we are doing what we do best on the park..........

Agree with this, and if it was just money, he'd have stayed in the City.

There's also obviously a reason Mangers keep knocking back Fulham.

He's sold this club to the players he's brought here. He's told them the plan so I'd hope he's not going to fuck off now.

Especially to a team like Fulham

However his comments yesterday make it sound like he won't go there

after bringing in all his back room men ? would he just fuck off ? i dont think so on wards and upwards