A Few Brief Points

The Rangers FC

tav hasnt been great the last few weeks but idont think we really have the same link on that side of the park so he is left doing everything , while down the left i think wallace and mckay link really well and overlap etc

It was pretty clear last night that we favoured going down the left, particularly in the 1st half. Wallace, McKay and even Zelalum were getting in each other's way at times whilst Tav was in acres of space on the right. It's true what you say he is pretty isolated and has to do more on his own. Waghorn and Clark didn't support him to same extent as others on left.

tav hasnt been great the last few weeks but idont think we really have the same link on that side of the park so he is left doing everything , while down the left i think wallace and mckay link really well and overlap etc

Wallace and Mckay have a lot of game time operating down the left. Tav less so.

Could we possibly see Miller taking up a role in the center of midfield? He was excellent last night coming off the bench and I'd say that he is more effective through the middle than on the wing. However, obviously he'll not be at the back post as often to score those trademark tap ins like earlier in the season.

Can't tackle.

Can't win headers,

Can't shot from distance,

Does not have a range of passing.

He has no real awareness and he can't really see or spot a pass.

He has spent his entire career with the game behind him as a striker, its a different game when its all around you,

Does not have the speed of though or the quickness of feet to deal with possession in congested areas of the pitch.

Does not possess that two footed ability and that technical ability to play in that area of the pitch.

Never really looks truly comfortable in possession.

So in my opinion, the answer is NO !

Can't tackle.

Can't win headers,

He has spent his entire career with the game behind him as a striker, its a different game when its all around you,

Does not have the speed of though or the quickness of feet to deal with possession in congested areas of the pitch.

Does not possess that two footed ability and that technical ability to play in that area of the pitch.

you forgot to mention he is 35! Ha!

Can't tackle.

Can't win headers,

Why not just say, he is a striker, says all that for you.

Can't tackle.

Can't win headers,

My points still stand.

He does not have a range of passing.

He does not have any real awareness and he can't see or spot a pass. He pass in that video was directly in front of his line of vision and was the only positive movement in his line of vision.

He was also coming on fresh against a part time team who had been ran ragged and who were dead on their feet.

He never looks really comfortable in possession and he does not possess the technical ability to play in that area of the pitch.

Hence the reason why numerous managers have never played him there, He can trap the ball further than I can kick it.

He drops deep because he doesn't have the pace to run away from defenders any more. He goes wide because he wants space to catch his touch,

He is a player who has played his entire career running onto the ball and looking for balls in behind.

He is not and never will be a central midfielder.

I could draw up a specification for a CM and list and detail key attributes that you would expect from a Central Midfielder.

Miller would not tick many of the boxes.

When he was at his best earlier in the season McKay was playing a lot more on that side and I think that's making a difference.

My points still stand.

He does not have a range of passing.

He does not have any real awareness and he can't see or spot a pass. He pass in that video was directly in front of his line of vision and was the only positive movement in his line of vision.

He was also coming on fresh against a part time team who had been ran ragged and who were dead on their feet.

He never looks really comfortable in possession and he does not possess the technical ability to play in that area of the pitch.

Hence the reason why numerous managers have never played him there, He can trap the ball further than I can kick it.

He drops deep because he doesn't have the pace to run away from defenders any more. He goes wide because he wants space to catch his touch,

He is a player who has played his entire career running onto the ball and looking for balls in behind.

He is not and never will be a central midfielder.

I could draw up a specification for a CM and list and detail key attributes that you would expect from a Central Midfielder.

Miller would not tick many of the boxes.

Not a fan then? Lol

Not a fan then? Lol

In his prime during his 2nd spell he was terrific and his goalscoring record was impressive, but he is a limited footballer who is technically weak and he relied on his pace, once that goes he can only rely on experience.

A technically gifted striker could possibly drop deeper and play a No 10 role, Kenny Miller does not have the attributes to play there, never mind centre midfield.

In his prime during his 2nd spell he was terrific and his goalscoring record was impressive, but he is a limited footballer who is technically weak and he relied on his pace, once that goes he can only rely on experience.

A technically gifted striker could possibly drop deeper and play a No 10 role, Kenny Miller does not have the attributes to play their, never mind centre midfield.

I agree he isnt the best technically and not suited to midfield. What i do like though is his attitude and workrate.

KM sets a good example to the younger guys and shows what can be achieved through graft and endeavor despite the obvious limitations to his game. He could well go on and do well in a coaching and/or ultimately a Management role.

I agree he isnt the best technically and not suited to midfield. What i do like though is his attitude and workrate.

KM sets a good example to the younger guys and shows what can be achieved through graft and endeavor despite the obvious limitations to his game. He could well go on and do well in a coaching and/or ultimately a Management role.

The majority of good managers were not the best footballers and they had to think about and learn the game more.

So I would agree with you in that respect.