Pubs In Kirkcaldy

GOAT

The last two times we've been there have been Friday night kick offs and we've just stayed in the bus, wheres the nearest pubs to the ground, we're going to be in Kirkcaldy a good hour and a half I'd say before kick off, so need to get a pub.

Martin Hart informs me; 'The Starks Bar is the nearest bar to the ground and is popular with both home and away supporters. However, it can get very busy on matchdays'. Andy Turner adds; 'Raith's support usually congregate at the Novar Bar in Nicol Street. In my opinion though, the best boozer in the town is the Harbour Bar. A regular CAMRA award winner whose landlord brews his own excellent ale as well as having wonderfully kept guest beers from around the UK. The pub is on the seafront by the harbour area (hence the name) next to Fife College Priory Campus. Its a fair distance to the ground, but for those who fancy a "bracing walk" its a matter of a hike the length of the seafront. You can still see the floodlights of the "San Starko" in the distance.'

Martin Hart informs me; 'The Starks Bar is the nearest bar to the ground and is popular with both home and away supporters. However, it can get very busy on matchdays'. Andy Turner adds; 'Raith's support usually congregate at the Novar Bar in Nicol Street. In my opinion though, the best boozer in the town is the Harbour Bar. A regular CAMRA award winner whose landlord brews his own excellent ale as well as having wonderfully kept guest beers from around the UK. The pub is on the seafront by the harbour area (hence the name) next to Fife College Priory Campus. Its a fair distance to the ground, but for those who fancy a "bracing walk" its a matter of a hike the length of the seafront. You can still see the floodlights of the "San Starko" in the distance.'

"San Starko"

:lol:

After some detective work it looks like the closest bar is the abbey hotel which someone mentioned above on Milton road. About 15 minutes walk if you're taking your time.

d2iEW8d.png

The buses park next to that beveridge park I'm sure.

After some detective work it looks like the closest bar is the abbey hotel which someone mentioned above on Milton road. About 15 minutes walk if you're taking your time.

d2iEW8d.png

The buses park next to that beveridge park I'm sure.

Yeah the Abbey is just off the high street where they're loads of other pubs so you won't struggle. They will be a hit or a miss with football tops so think about that. There's a large pub called society on the prom that have large function rooms, if your lucky can possibly get a load in if you phone, it's worth a go I suppose.

Yeah the Abbey is just off the high street where they're loads of other pubs so you won't struggle. They will be a hit or a miss with football tops so think about that. There's a large pub called society on the prom that have large function rooms, if your lucky can possibly get a load in if you phone, it's worth a go I suppose.

Only the weans on the bus wear colours so we'll be fine.

Right. I used tae live down there and that sounds like good advice. Although if you venture further along the High Street you might bump into Willie Johnston who I think still drinks in Brodies.

Right. I used tae live down there and that sounds like good advice. Although if you venture further along the High Street you might bump into Willie Johnston who I think still drinks in Brodies.

Yeah he's always in. Already suggested society but there's the duchess, exchequer and occonels on the high street, all off which would show up in that map.

abbey is the nearest boozer, if you are coming from Glasgow/west you will pass the beveridge park hotel near the railway station 10/15 mins walk. get some one to phone Kirkcaldy golf club (01592 205240 ) near starks park and where the buses park aswell there has been other supporters buses in before games against raith.

I wouldn't give The Abbey your money, used to be run by Rangers-hating former Hibs defender Shaun Dennis (although not sure if it still is).

You're best off having a few pints in one of the pubs on the High Street, like The Exchequer and then making the 10-15 min walk to the ground, if you can manage it! :D

I wouldn't give The Abbey your money, used to be run by Rangers-hating former Hibs defender Shaun Dennis (although not sure if it still is).

You're best off having a few pints in one of the pubs on the High Street, like The Exchequer and then making the 10-15 min walk to the ground, if you can manage it! :D

This