Is There A Witch Hunt After Mark Warburton?

Captain Hilts

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, this is just journalists are like in the uk today, ask and ask and ask the same question until they get an answer they can use in a quote, or use a 'person storms out after being asked about...' headline.

Not a witch hunt, just crap journalism.

I reckon if it was Delia, it would be more of a mince than a storm.

Imho the rumours were started by the betting companies. If one asks themselves who owns the betting companies, What company do those individuals keep, and why would they want to unsettle the balance of the manager and team whilst preparing for the final? The answer is pretty clear, It's all mind games.

Imho the rumours were started by the betting companies. If one asks themselves who owns the betting companies, What company do those individuals keep, and why would they want to unsettle the balance of the manager and team whilst preparing for the final? The answer is pretty clear, It's all mind games.

:lol:

Sky bet are IRA daft. Same with betway they sponsor their hand grenades

Exactly but the media putting a story out about him being favourite wether or not he's going to.go, its still a story.

Paranoia on here is at a level the tarriers would be proud of

It is a story for the papers and one question not pursuing him like a PitBull with a bone

:lol:

Sky bet are IRA daft. Same with betway they sponsor their hand grenades

I wasn't thinking of anything as sinister as that. My thinking was business men talk to business men, rumours are started and the manager/team being gossiped about has to spend time defending the claims. These claims that the manager is moving on can unbalance the team. It's one of the reasons why I think football club owners shouldn't own betting shops or have shares in betting shops.

Not a witch hunt for me, there is however a sense of fear that he may well take us back to the top and that would set the cat among the pigeon's,

They all need us back, but the last thing they want is a strong Rangers, that won't do...............

Have you any idea the amount of millions involved in the turnover of bookmakers? I think those at the top have more compelling things on their mind.

does anyone actually buy newspapers in this day and age?

Any article in these bonfire fodders are written by desperate people looking to hold on to their jobs in desperate times and are deliberately written for a reaction of outrage.I stopped buying them years ago and yes I know they publish them online and I have a look now and then but the ones that charge for the privilege will be the first to go in the long run.

Journalism that the average person can respect has been dead in the water for a long time and it is only going to get worse.

Have you any idea the amount of millions involved in the turnover of bookmakers? I think those at the top have more compelling things on their mind.

I am aware of the amount of money involve but has Sergio put 'They all need us back, but the last thing they want is a strong Rangers'. It's all mind games to try and weaken the team before the finals.

I am aware of the amount of money involve but has Sergio put 'They all need us back, but the last thing they want is a strong Rangers'. It's all mind games to try and weaken the team before the finals.

Mind games by, bet victor, betfair, paddy power, betway, ladbrokes and hills?

Mind games by, bet victor, betfair, paddy power, betway, ladbrokes and hills?

Yes, gambling companies can influence football clubs without causing too much fuss. The people on the ground floor get the odds from people above them and then take the bets based on those numbers. Their job is collect the cash from the gamblers and make the payments depending on the outcome of the wager. Above them are the people who manage a group of bookies that operate in various areas of the country. They get their information from a completely different set of individuals who are above them in the chain.A whisper here and there from high command and the story becomes a matter of fact for the newspapers. backed up by their betting odds.

The manager then has defend the claim. The team get unsettled because they think the manager is leaving. during in a time their preparing to win a final. The manager gets irate because he knows exactly what is going on. That's why think football club owners shouldn't own betting shops or have shares in betting shops, it's mind games they're taking a gamble they can upset the team before the final by spreading rumours.

Yes, gambling companies can influence football clubs without causing too much fuss. The people on the ground floor get the odds from people above them and then take the bets based on those numbers. Their job is collect the cash from the gamblers and make the payments depending on the outcome of the wager. Above them are the people who manage a group of bookies that operate in various areas of the country. They get their information from a completely different set of individuals who are above them in the chain.A whisper here and there from high command and the story becomes a matter of fact for the newspapers. backed up by their betting odds.

The manager then has defend the claim. The team get unsettled because they think the manager is leaving. during in a time their preparing to win a final. The manager gets irate because he knows exactly what is going on. That's why think football club owners shouldn't own betting shops or have shares in betting shops, it's mind games they're taking a gamble they can upset the team before the final by spreading rumours.

Wow

what final are we talking about here ?