New League Cup Format 16/17

greg_1987

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely horrendous, who the fuck came up with that?

I like it. There is no doubt that the cup needs revamped. Adding a group stage gives more excitement and guarantees a small team a game against a big club.

I would like it better if it went into another 4 groups of 4 after the first groups with first and second going into the semis.

But the proposal is better than what we currently have.

Flucking crazy, teams will play for draws to get the bonus point.

it's one point. They will try to score so the get all three or risk defending and getting none.

Plus it goes to penalties. Playing for a draw is mental coz of the penalties. They could end up with hee haw.

This is a good idea, the league cup does need something changed. My preference would be a British cup replacing the league cup in Scotland and England but I doubt that will ever happen.

Also, if people are opposed to the group stage format it is worth noting that teams who qualify for Europe won't have to play in this round and they will be parachuted into the next round where it reverts back to a conventional knock-out phase.

No they won't they will get a point for the draw, the winners of the penalty shootouts will get 2 points.

Sorry, I misread it. You're correct. Hopefully it will make teams push for a winner in the last 15mins of the 90. With only 3 games and 2 teams going through, a team at the bottom on the last game could qualify with a single win in the last game.

I think it's a good format, certainly better than what we have currently.