Warburton Right To Slam "disrespectful" Journalists - Shoot

The Dude

Mark Warburton and his Rangers side have done a fantastic job of firing back at their critics over the last fortnight, with two 4-0 wins and a blast at certain sections of the media over what the manager believes was disrespectful reporting of Fulhams supposed interest in luring Warburton back over the border.

Read more: http://www.shoot.co.uk/rangers-boss-warburton-right-to-slam-disrespectful-journalists/

It's always nice when a subject is approached and written within context, as it makes even the most cynical of readers see it for what it is with no room to criticise.

You nailed this recent "mountain out of a molehill" with just the right amount of words, bringing the facts to the reader without the need to push the subject any further than required, very good reporting skills that some more seasoned authors should take on board.

Your tribute to the Goalie's mentor, Alan Hodgkinson, is another fine touch, with the right emotional balance that gives even those who are not familiar with him, an insight into this remarkable man's contribution to The Rangers and football in general.

With your Knowledge and personal attachment to Bobby Brown it does not surprise me, as goalies seems to be one of your strong points.

As for the League Cup scenario ....... I'm on the fence about that one for the moment, but you do make a valid point as far as the teams being knocked out within the first week goes, so more work to be done on that front from the "genius's" at the top of the game.

Good read again Dude, cheers mate, looking forward to the next one.

:uk:

It's always nice when a subject is approached and written within context, as it makes even the most cynical of readers see it for what it is with no room to criticise.

You nailed this recent "mountain out of a molehill" with just the right amount of words, bringing the facts to the reader without the need to push the subject any further than required, very good reporting skills that some more seasoned authors should take on board.

Your tribute to the Goalie's mentor, Alan Hodgkinson, is another fine touch, with the right emotional balance that gives even those who are not familiar with him, an insight into this remarkable man's contribution to The Rangers and football in general.

With your Knowledge and personal attachment to Bobby Brown it does not surprise me, as goalies seems to be one of your strong points.

As for the League Cup scenario ....... I'm on the fence about that one for the moment, but you do make a valid point as far as the teams being knocked out within the first week goes, so more work to be done on that front from the "genius's" at the top of the game.

Good read again Dude, cheers mate, looking forward to the next one.

:uk:

Thanks very much for the kind words. I try to be as fair and and balanced as possible even though I'm a Rangers fan writing a Rangers blog for Rangers fans.

The MW stuff has been a mountain out of a molehill as you say. Some Rangers fans have looked to make it more than it is too for some reason. I hope Warburton being linked with jobs down south becomes the norm. Clubs don't normally go after unsuccessful managers.

I was a huge Goram fan as a kid and still maintain that for a spell in the mid 90's he was the best on the planet. I always thought if Hodgkinson was a guru to Goram then he must be the prototype for all goalkeepers.

The league cup revamp just smacks of self preservation. Over 4 games the 8 premiership teams should be going through every time. Despite the league cup not exactly providing a huge windfall for clubs, smaller teams would no doubt fancy a run to the quarters of even semis. The new set up makes that almost impossible now.

Thanks again for the kind words though, I'm glad people enjoy my stuff.

Good Read.

Its ALWAYS good to see someone have a pop at the journalists in the way MW did - BUT it wont be the last time he gets asked inane questions repeatedly - especially one linking him to other clubs -

I want to hear his views on the game/club/football so I hope he finds a way of dealing with it or he will be one tetchy bugger at the Press Conferences - and the more successful he is the more linkage there will be.

Good Read.

Its ALWAYS good to see someone have a pop at the journalists in the way MW did - BUT it wont be the last time he gets asked inane questions repeatedly - especially one linking him to other clubs -

I want to hear his views on the game/club/football so I hope he finds a way of dealing with it or he will be one tetchy bugger at the Press Conferences - and the more successful he is the more linkage there will be.

cheers mate

I think it’s very important any media outlet has journalistic integrity, does their homework, investigates and substantiates. When that’s done, if it’s proven to be correct then absolutely (ask questions about it) but until that point it’s disrespectful to me answering the same questions four or five times a week. It’s disrespectful to the club, the supporters and, in this case, Fulham.

:praise:

Also, good read (tu)

Good Read.

Send in someone, is Traynor still there, before the conference and lay down the ground rules. Rule #1 ask unsubstantiated questions about the boss leaving and you are out on your arse.

Send in someone, is Traynor still there, before the conference and lay down the ground rules. Rule #1 ask unsubstantiated questions about the boss leaving and you are out on your arse.

Can't see that being MW's style.

Stop promoting you're bullshit articles on here and fuck Shoot, Match was always better.

On a more serious note apart from the tribute it is a terrible article not from the sense that there is anything wrong with it. As it truly is a good read but in the sense that it was written at all journalistic standards should be much higher than this and the league cup shouldn't be turned into a pantomime style freak show.

Manager has protected the club, time for the powers to reciprocate. Not unusual to have rules at press conferences especially when the journalists are of questionable character.

No chance MW would be as pathetic as to let JT come in and give the press a warning on his behalf before he speaks. He can handle himself.