Rst Selling Non-Official Merchandise Tomorrow

BridgeIsBlue

RANGERS fans will open their own shop ahead of the Championship clash with Morton as the Light Blue legions continue to boycott official merchandise outlets.

Tensions between the Gers board and Sports Direct chief Mike Ashley have risen significantly in recent weeks and months after the businessman launched a series of legal moves against the Ibrox hierarchy.

On Thursday, Ashley failed in a bid to have King jailed at the High Court in London over an interview he conducted in South Africa earlier this year.

The Rangers Supporters Trust will now give fans a chance to buy Gers-themed items at the school across from Ibrox at lunchtime, and the scheme could be rolled out to other organisations to raise funds for the club.

Profits from the sales will be used to invest in a future share issue as fans look for a way to plough money into Ibrox without handing over their cash to Ashley.

A series of protests have been launched against the businessman in recent times and last month the RST claimed Rangers received just 50p from every £10 spent on Gers merchandise as part of the infamous Sports Direct deal.

The settlement of the £5million loan to Ashley will see Rangers’ key assets like Murray Park and Edmiston House returned to the club and mean the Newcastle United owner will no longer have control over their registered trademarks.

But furious fans will still refuse to hand over their cash for official Gers merchandise while the controversial contracts with Sports Direct remain in place.

An RST spokesman told SportTimes: “I think fans are well aware of the situation with Sports Direct and the problems for Rangers. Buying official merchandise helps nobody but Mike Ashley.

“If you want to see your money going towards the club, this is one option open to you and people are becoming more aware of ways which they can give money to Rangers.

“Nothing we can do will be as cost effective as a retailer like Sports Direct. We can’t buy in bulk or spend money buying in lots of stock.

“But we are selling t-shirts for £20 and generating £10 of profit that will go into Rangers. That compares spectacularly favourably with the pittance Rangers receive from official merchandise at the moment.

“This is a good way of getting money into Rangers, but also demonstrates how bad the merchandise situation is at the moment.“Hopefully we can show that the appetite is there amongst the fans. The message has got through to people that buying official merchandise is not helping Rangers.

“The next message is that this is an alternative way for you to buy Rangers related merchandise but ensure that you are helping the club as well. Hopefully it will lead to us being able to do something on a larger scale.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/rangers/14141114.Rangers_fans_set_to_open_Ibrox_shop_as_Sports_Direct_stand_off_continues/?ref=twtrec

:lol:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be honest and say that I bought one of the Fernando tops back at the start of the year as I liked the top and I knew proceeds went to Ricksen's charity. However, I've seen that they are now doing an armed forces top which to me is a step to far. People can buy help for heroes t-shirts or donate to the British Legion if they wish to support the forces, to me it just looks as though the RST are hijacking the Rangers supports relationship with the armed forces to their own end.

Not really a fan of it and would never buy any of it personally. However, at least the money goes back to the club.

There'll be plenty coming into this thread to rant and rave, but you never see any outrage at the street sellers punting scarves etc for their own pockets.

Only some of it going back into the club.

T-Shirts £20 with £10 going to the club - where's the other £10 going? does it cost £10 per t-shirt in bulk?

T-Shirts £20 with £10 going to the club - where's the other £10 going? does it cost £10 per t-shirt in bulk?

Fuck knows mate, I genuinely don't care enough to even look into it. But some money going back to the club is still better than the rest of the cunts selling "merchandise" outside the stadium.

Who actually wears this stuff anywhere but to their bed anyway? :lol:

Fuck knows mate, I genuinely don't care enough to even look into it. But some money going back to the club is still better than the rest of the cunts selling "merchandise" outside the stadium.

Who actually wears this stuff anywhere but to their bed anyway? :lol:

Fair point but the vendor sellers outside they sell things the club and the fan groups such as the RST wouldn't be seen dead selling - Loyalist merchandise, Ulster flags, King Billy scarfs etc.

It's a different market for a lot of the stuff they sell.

Correct me if I'm wrong,but do RangersFirst not own something like 5% of shares,while the RST's shareholding is much lower?

If this is the case,then how can RF who have only been about for over a year or so own a bigger portion than the RST who've been about for years while fleecing punters with this knock off gear?

“But we are selling t-shirts for £20 and generating £10 of profit that will go into Rangers. That compares spectacularly favourably with the pittance Rangers receive from official merchandise at the moment."

I'd like to see some actual proof of this as well :pipe:

50% is a great deal to the club compared to other deals out there, I wont be buying anything but will as usual buy 5 rising star tickets.

I wouldnt imagine there is a lot left from the remaining tenner after they pay for the shirts, get them delivered. They also have an office and the costs that entails to pay for I would think.

Fair point but the vendor sellers outside they sell things the club and the fan groups such as the RST wouldn't be seen dead selling - Loyalist merchandise, Ulster flags, King Billy scarfs etc.

It's a different market for a lot of the stuff they sell.

Yeah fair enough, infuriates me when I see them selling remembrance stuff when clearly no money goes towards poppy Scotland or erskine, help for heroes etc

50% is a great deal to the club compared to other deals out there, I wont be buying anything but will as usual buy 5 rising star tickets.

I wouldnt imagine there is a lot left from the remaining tenner after they pay for the shirts, get them delivered. They also have an office and the costs that entails to pay for I would think.

Great deal compared to what?

Me too. These days I tend to put my cash into the club via RTV, rising stars and stuff like that. Seems the best way fro the club to benefit.

Don't see these outlets changing that.

Not really a fan of it and would never buy any of it personally. However, at least the money goes back to the club.

There'll be plenty coming into this thread to rant and rave, but you never see any outrage at the street sellers punting scarves etc for their own pockets.

Back to the club?

There's a fair bit of criticism for this scheme,I think some people will expect the 20 pounds for the shirt to go right into the balance sheet,

But if there's 10 pound going to the rst for future shares that's a decent deal

Far better than buying an official shirt from sports direct where the club gets a very small percentage and the rest goes to fat Mike to finance his latest legal farce to hold the club back