Waghorn Not Good Enough

MacBoyd

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Away ye go Waghorn is a class act.

There's a few players in our team I feel is over-rated (Holt, McKay and Halliday IMO) but the return from Waghorn has been fantastic. All different types of goals and a skillfull player too.

I do also think he misses a few sitters but he's got 20 goals in total this season and it's only mid-December - I honestly don't know what you expect.

We need another striker in Jan, a top class one, but that's to support and give him a hand - not replace him.

Not a reliable enough striker for us. Misses way to many chances and his movement off the ball is poor. We need to spend money on a good striker to ensure the title

Nonsense.Do you watch our games and especially his movement off the ball? Playing wide right restricts his goal scoring chances as well.

Away ye go Waghorn is a class act.

There's a few players in our team I feel is over-rated (Holt, McKay and Halliday IMO) but the return from Waghorn has been fantastic. All different types of goals and a skillfull player too.

I do also think he misses a few sitters but he's got 20 goals in total this season and it's only mid-December - I honestly don't know what you expect.

We need another striker in Jan, a top class one, but that's to support and give him a hand - not replace him.

Agree with most of that, apart from Holt, he didn't play well today but he's been one of our best players this season.

Waghorn isn't an out an out striker and that's proved by his goal ratio prior to us as well as the number of chances he misses for us.

I think he'd do well with another partner

We all know he's not a penalty box striker but he's technically the best forward I've seen at Rangers in years

His touch pace and power is awesome

Just coz you play up front doesn't mean your a 30 goal a season striker

But 16 goals in mid December is good enough for me

Nonsense.Do you watch our games and especially his movement off the ball? Playing wide right restricts his goal scoring chances as well.

I watched him very closely today. No movement when our midfield have it. Very powerful on the ball,but not off it

We all know he's not a penalty box striker but he's technically the best forward I've seen at Rangers in years

His touch pace and power is awesome

Just coz you play up front doesn't mean your a 30 goal a season striker

But 16 goals in mid December is good enough for me

Fuck me, what you drinking?

Not a reliable enough striker for us. Misses way to many chances and his movement off the ball is poor. We need to spend money on a good striker to ensure the title

Why stop at Waghorn, we also need two C/B's, two midfielders that can actually run a game of football, a wide player to provide good chances for another two strikers at least. But before we go down that route we need to look at getting a manager who knows how to play to win, because it's going to get harder as we move up. At the moment we have a Davie White type of a manager, we need a Wullie Waddle, in other words cut that shite out and win.

Warburton has certainly sorted Rangers out as a professional looking unit overall, but IMHO he is no winner.

Why stop at Waghorn, we also need two C/B's, two midfielders that can actually run a game of football, a wide player to provide good chances for another two strikers at least. But before we go down that route we need to look at getting a manager who knows how to play to win, because it's going to get harder as we move up. At the moment we have a Davie White type of a manager, we need a Wullie Waddle, in other words cut that shite out and win.

Warburton has certainly sorted Rangers out as a professional looking unit overall, but IMHO he is no winner.

Agree with your points on the players but your very wrong about the manager. He is a winner