Would You Like To See Another Statue At Ibrox?

FSM

Just reading about the tarriers unveiling their Billy McNeill statue, and got me thinking about this. Would you like to see another statue at Ibrox and who would be your candidate; Struth? Jardine? Wallace? Gallant Pioneers? Boyd?

I'd probably go for the obvious choice of Struth, as a symbol of our class, dignity and constant pursuit for excellence.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really. Weve got that many legends we could have a stand full of statues, but Greig is the one that stands out and his is for the fans who were lost. Dont see the need to have loads of statues and can't think of any one legend that stands out over the others. Its one thing naming a stand or something like that after someone but a statue should be for someone really special. I like to think that if we ever win another European final that the manager who leads us there will get a statue but for now im not really into the idea. Just my opiniom tho

Id like to see the area surrounding Ibrox improved before statues were put up, the place is a bit of a dump tbh, id like to see the outside done up then maybe a statue or two, but right now theres not really a great place to put any

Craig Houston has to be right up there for saving the club, Struth is also a legend but already has a stand named after him.

:lol:

I was going to say Dingwall but you could probably get a statue of all 4 Gallant Pioneers for the same price.

Id like to see the area surrounding Ibrox improved before statues were put up, the place is a bit of a dump tbh, id like to see the outside done up then maybe a statue or two, but right now theres not really a great place to put any

You could have them at the corners of the stands. Or maybe have a Colossus of Rhodes style statue where folk enter the stadium grounds by walking in-between Tore Andre Flo's giant legs.

You could have them at the corners of the stands. Or maybe have a Colossus of Rhodes style statue where folk enter the stadium grounds by walking in-between Tore Andre Flo's giant legs.

Or we could have a massive vesrion with Lorenzo Amoruso, one foot at the broomloan one at the copland, then his giant cock and baws hanging over the pitch.

We could paint his jewels in luminous paint so save money on floodlights

The one that stands out for me is The Gallant Pioneers. A statue or huge mural or something outside to the guys that started it all should be the first thing.

I think I'd quite like something like a massive, distinctive, original looking glazed ceramic or fritt glass mural rather than a statue, because the colours are so important to that story. No cheap , half-assed shit, mind.

Of course, right now the cash can better be used elsewhere. When my ship comes in I'll sort it out.

Honestly for the fact Dave king and the RST helped save the club I think we should have a Dave king statue next to the rst badge.

It would show the people who tried to rob us that Dave and the rst would notnstand for it. It doesn't always have to be players, I genuinely think that being brought back from the brink thanks to these two in particular will be a day we look fondly back on in thirty years or so

Not for me. Statues are for individuals who are so legendary at their particular club that they stand above everyone else who has contributed to its history.

Is Struth definitively a greater servant than Waddell? Is Gough more deserving than the likes of Greig, Jardine, Meiklejohn etc. Has McCoist without question done more for our club than MacPhail and Colin Stein?

If we made statutes of all the Rangers who have contributed enough over the decades to deserve their own statue, we wouldn't be able to fit them around Ibrox. Its why we are the most successful club in the world and without comparison.

John Greig is there to commemorate those who lost their lives in the Disaster. I think it is the only statue that we need.

Not for me. Statues are for individuals who are so legendary at their particular club that they stand above everyone else who has contributed to its history.

Is Struth definitively a greater servant than Waddell? Is Gough more deserving than the likes of Greig, Jardine, Meiklejohn etc. Has McCoist without question done more for our club than MacPhail and Colin Stein?

If we made statutes of all the Rangers who have contributed enough over the decades to deserve their own statue, we wouldn't be able to fit them around Ibrox. Its why we are the most successful club in the world and without comparison.

John Greig is there to commemorate those who lost their lives in the Disaster. I think it is the only statue that we need.

Spot on which for.me is why king needs and warrants one. What he done last march is the defining moment in the history of tbis great club