Forget The Early Season Hype, Our Squad Is Shite

Wawrinka

There's literally 3 players maximum in this squad who are good enough to challenge for the SPL title

Short of a £10 million rebuilding job, we're going to be (at best) a team challenging for the top 6 of the SPL every year and maybe being in Europe once every 4 years or so

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's literally 3 players maximum in this squad who are good enough to challenge for the SPL title

Short of a £10 million rebuilding job, we're going to be (at best) a team challenging for the top 6 of the SPL every year and maybe being in Europe once every 4 years or so

Its a squad to win the Championship, on a shoe string. Lets not get carried away with next year eh?

I said it about 4 weeks ago and was laughed at. We don't have a good squad at all, there's nothing on the bench to excite you. We have better players than Hibs but they have a far stronger squad.

Warburton is great manager, no doubt about it. But he's looking out his depth at the minute, he needs to adapt to the situation of being Rangers manager, it's not Brentford anymore. You win games or you don't stay here, simple

Well that was shite. Our defence is woeful and we don't have the penetration our possession deserves. That said we have been victim of an absurd penalty which set us on the back foot 2 mins in.

It's now vital we beat Hibs because we have handed the momentum to them and we have struggled for ages.

Right now it doesn't look good enough to manage that!

i think now that players like tavenier keirnan and waghorn are showing why they could not get a regular game in a team like wigan they all started well for us but have struggled recently keirnan and tavenier were awful today along with wilson and waghorns first touch was poor he is far better out wide. i know my comments will not be popular but thats why we got these players so cheap

Said before the game we wouldn't win in

Said before the game why are shiels and Wilson playing,both get subbed

Nicky Clark why?

Warburton hasn't a clue defensively,

Law should have started

tav is poor,shiels does fuck all

Waghorn should never have taken the pen knew he would miss he's been shite for weeks

Said at half time Falkirk would score again,

It's so fucking predictable,another big game lost,the opposing managers must be creasing themselves ,Everyman and his dog

Knows how to play against us,beaten by a pub team

It's mind numbing on here.

After 3 years of demanding we play football a certain way, this forum is full of panic threads because we haven't mastered a philosophy in 6 months that has taken other clubs decades to master.

I feel as though we've been transported back in time on this forum. It's not so easy for me to ignore the clear, and significant, progression we have made in such a short space of time from those days. People said winning wasn't enough, we needed style, well we're implementing that style now.

Yes, we have issues to work on but this hysteria on here is maddening.

Its a squad to win the Championship, on a shoe string. Lets not get carried away with next year eh?

were you joking or was it really just a stupid statement ?

a shoe string ? really ? Second biggest wage bill in Scotland and its a shoestring.

Morton wages are a shoestring , Falkirk wages are a shoestring. One thing for sure is we aren`t working on a shoestring.

After 3 years of demanding we play football a certain way, this forum is full of panic threads because we haven't mastered a philosophy in 6 months that has taken other clubs decades to master.

I feel as though we've been transported back in time on this forum. It's not so easy for me to ignore the clear, and significant, progression we have made in such a short space of time from those days. People said winning wasn't enough, we needed style, well we're implementing that style now.

We began the season looking like Barcelona, but have regressed week after week since early October. The new players thought the league was easy and now think they can just turn up and win.

To many fans thought we would romp the league last year, even when we started stuttering the claim was "hearts can't keep winning" we have fell into the same level of complacency this season?

Thank fuck we got off to such a blistering start or we would be in much the same shite as last season.

It's time to bang heads and do a severe amount of soul searching before this spirals out of control.

Said before the game we wouldn't win in

Said before the game why are shiels and Wilson playing,both get subbed

Nicky Clark why?

Warburton hasn't a clue defensively,

Law should have started

tav is poor,shiels does fuck all

Waghorn should never have taken the pen knew he would miss he's been shite for weeks

Said at half time Falkirk would score again,

It's so fucking predictable,another big game lost,the opposing managers must be creasing themselves ,Everyman and his dog

Knows how to play against us,beaten by a pub team

The penalty was fine - low and hard, the keeper did well to push it onto the post. But why, for a last min penalty in a game where there keeper has saved everything 2nd half, was there nobody running in to poke home the rebound. Every game I played I follow the ball in full pelt in case of a save. And I'm shite.

We are still top of the league no matter what Hibs do today, When Hibs leave Ibrox next week we will still be top of the league.

A bit of perspective is needed.

We have had a bit of a blip we are still in pole position, look at this time last year, we had already given up on automatic promotion.

With a few additions in January we should kick on and wrap this title up.

To many fans thought we would romp the league last year, even when we started stuttering the claim was "hearts can't keep winning" we have fell into the same level of complacency this season?

Thank fuck we got off to such a blistering start or we would be in much the same shite as last season.

It's time to bang heads and do a severe amount of soul searching before this spirals out of control.

Penny is finally dropping at last for some.

Think we need a few days to vent anger and frustrations.

Then come Monday week need to support the team as one as if it was a game v the mhanks and play our part in beating the junkies.

kneejerk reactions to others' kneejerk reactions are still kneejerk reactions. pot, kettle, black.

We began the season looking like Barcelona, but have regressed week after week since early October. The new players thought the league was easy and now think they can just turn up and win.

I doubt it's complacency, considering MW approach. However teams have adjusted to stifle our play, we need to address that and give them something else to worry about but it's certainly not the Armageddon situation going by the posts on here.