So Who Is Your Favourite Player Now?

Ryju84

I think it's too hard to have a favourite but in no order: McKay, Wallace, Holt, Waghorn, Tav (when he's in good form like all of the list I suppose, teams seem to be scared to give us FK's now due to Tav's ability) Kiernan (the Kaiser, don't blame him), Wilson, Ball (if he signs)

I think it's easy to try and say Danny Wilson isn't great but in all honesty he is definitely Premiership quality, his best moments come when we're in possession but he is a quality CB. He is better quality than any other CB we have had since being demoted excluding Kiernan and Ball.

Fod - slow start getting better each week

Tav - got quality but consistency looks problem maybe we are now seeing why he has bounced about

Kiernan - not good enough nowhere near it for me

Ball - Wish he would play with wilson like him

Wilson - class in possession really calm playing next to the right partner will be awesome

Wallace - quality

Halliday - does his best work attacking even though we deploy as the deepest midfielder

Holt - Jury still out for me

Law - got something to offer

Zelalem - nice but nice isnt what we need

McKay - When going at people especially on the outside looks great when not prefer Temps

Shiels - Had enough chances now doesnt cut it

Clark - Same as above

Miller - Useful

Oduwa - Would like to see given run in team and license to be direct

Waghorn - Best player easily

The rest either can get rid of or havent played enough for me to comment on

The jury's out on Holt ? If I could get these fuckin emoticons to work you'd be getting the shifty eyes.

To all those advocating Kiernan and Wilson. Capable centre backs will deal with speedy attackers and balls over the top any day and everyday - its their meat and drink. These two are found out time and again - its not rocket science. A defensive midfielder wont stop the long balls that are costing us goals week in week out.

Foderingham is getting better and better especially having to ply behind those two bombscares. Holt is also worthy of a mention as is Waghorn but he deserves better than partners like Miller and the god awful Clark.

Fod - slow start getting better each week

Tav - got quality but consistency looks problem maybe we are now seeing why he has bounced about

Kiernan - not good enough nowhere near it for me

Ball - Wish he would play with wilson like him

Wilson - class in possession really calm playing next to the right partner will be awesome

Wallace - quality

Halliday - does his best work attacking even though we deploy as the deepest midfielder

Holt - Jury still out for me

Law - got something to offer

Zelalem - nice but nice isnt what we need

McKay - When going at people especially on the outside looks great when not prefer Temps

Shiels - Had enough chances now doesnt cut it

Clark - Same as above

Miller - Useful

Oduwa - Would like to see given run in team and license to be direct

Waghorn - Best player easily

The rest either can get rid of or havent played enough for me to comment on

Wilson, Holt, Miller, Oduwu.

Seriously?

Holt could be player of the year.

The other 3 have been utterly rank.

I think it's too hard to have a favourite but in no order: McKay, Wallace, Holt, Waghorn, Tav (when he's in good form like all of the list I suppose, teams seem to be scared to give us FK's now due to Tav's ability) Kiernan (the Kaiser, don't blame him), Wilson, Ball (if he signs)

I think it's easy to try and say Danny Wilson isn't great but in all honesty he is definitely Premiership quality, his best moments come when we're in possession but he is a quality CB. He is better quality than any other CB we have had since being demoted excluding Kiernan and Ball.

Showed how good he was against Falkirk, St Johnstone and Hibs. Three biggest games this season and how many goals did he have a part in conceding?

When your CBs have been, Faure, Cribari, Perry, Mohsni, Mcculloch etc it's not exactly hard is it.

Showed how good he was against Falkirk, St Johnstone and Hibs. Three biggest games this season and how many goals did he have a part in conceding?

When your CBs have been, Faure, Cribari, Perry, Mohsni, Mcculloch etc it's not exactly hard is it.

Ronny Deila admitted he was interested in signing Wilson before Davie Weir signed Wilson for us. In my opinion Danny Wilson is a greater Centre Back than most of our fans would have you believe, as he seems to have been made a scapegoat for no real reason... Perhaps if our full backs didn't leave the 2 CB's exposed a lot of the time Wilson wouldn't get outsprinted by wingers? You've got to admit that, even if it was Chiellini and Hummels for example those 2 if they were left exposed all the time would still get shredded by wingers and long balls

As great as Tav is he is at fault for the first goal not Wilson, it was Tav who left our defence gaping then didn't sprint back from midfield while he watched the striker take on Wilson then a penalty given. Eg if Tav wasn't out of position like he and LW seemed to be for the full match then Tav would have been there to stop the long balls getting aimed into the space where he was meant to be at. I wouldn't want us to be playing so haphazardly against Griffiths and Ciftci like that, if a 18yo Falkirk winger even manages to look good while hitting potshots off our post etc. when our 2 full backs go missing. I guess Tav and LW were told to push up to try clinch a goal but it gave Falkirk a long ball every time so they could counter every time.

Every Falkirk attack was a long ball into the holes where our full backs are meant to be, then Falkirks wingers etc. latched onto them all and ran towards our goal. I wouldn't say Wilson is the cause of that or the sole cause, if you are a CB with only one other CB backing you up, it's difficult to stop strikers on the wing when your full backs are missing, without you yourself being dragged out of position for the striker you're closing down just to hit a pass/cross by you for another striker to tap in. I think with the above in mind freezing Wilson out to play a loanned player isn't the answer.

It's a bit jumbled^ but in my mind, Houston said to his team let Rangers come forward onto us, keep a striker and winger upfield ready to counter at all times, then every time we get the ball hit a long diagonal into the holes where Rangers full backs are missing from in defence, then because our full backs were out of position so much Falkirk managed to latch onto basically every single long ball and get a counter started from every single long ball.

ps at people who say Wilson is slow? who do you want as our CB then? You do realise as soon as you sign a pacy, CB that ticks every box e.g. Kompany, they cost upwards of 10 million... I suppose Ball is pacy but what is his price? If Tottenham don't offer him new contract that is our only hope to sign him. I would be storngly surprised if we pull off a signign coup for Ball but. He would be a signing coup even for CFC imo.

Ronny Deila admitted he was interested in signing Wilson before Davie Weir signed Wilson for us. In my opinion Danny Wilson is a greater Centre Back than most of our fans would have you believe, as he seems to have been made a scapegoat for no real reason... Perhaps if our full backs didn't leave the 2 CB's exposed a lot of the time Wilson wouldn't get outsprinted by wingers? You've got to admit that, even if it was Chiellini and Hummels for example those 2 if they were left exposed all the time would still get shredded by wingers and long balls

As great as Tav is he is at fault for the first goal not Wilson, it was Tav who left our defence gaping then didn't sprint back from midfield while he watched the striker take on Wilson then a penalty given. Eg if Tav wasn't out of position like he and LW seemed to be for the full match then Tav would have been there to stop the long balls getting aimed into the space where he was meant to be at. I wouldn't want us to be playing so haphazardly against Griffiths and Ciftci like that, if a 18yo Falkirk winger even manages to look good while hitting potshots off our post etc. when our 2 full backs go missing. I guess Tav and LW were told to push up to try clinch a goal but it gave Falkirk a long ball every time so they could counter every time.

Every Falkirk attack was a long ball into the holes where our full backs are meant to be, then Falkirks wingers etc. latched onto them all and ran towards our goal. I wouldn't say Wilson is the cause of that or the sole cause, if you are a CB with only one other CB backing you up, it's difficult to stop strikers on the wing when your full backs are missing, without you yourself being dragged out of position for the striker you're closing down just to hit a pass/cross by you for another striker to tap in. I think with the above in mind freezing Wilson out to play a loanned player isn't the answer.

It's a bit jumbled^ but in my mind, Houston said to his team let Rangers come forward onto us, keep a striker and winger upfield ready to counter at all times, then every time we get the ball hit a long diagonal into the holes where Rangers full backs are missing from in defence, then because our full backs were out of position so much Falkirk managed to latch onto basically every single long ball and get a counter started from every single long ball.

ps at people who say Wilson is slow? who do you want as our CB then? You do realise as soon as you sign a pacy, CB that ticks every box e.g. Kompany, they cost upwards of 10 million... I suppose Ball is pacy but what is his price? If Tottenham don't offer him new contract that is our only hope to sign him. I would be storngly surprised if we pull off a signign coup for Ball but. He would be a signing coup even for CFC imo.

Ronny Delia showed interest, fuck sake because he showed interest it means he's good. Have you seen their CBs.

Basic defending 1 on 1, stay on your feet.

He's pish.