Captain

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought it a weak choice at the time. Obviously Eustace was originally pencilled in for the job but I'd have given it to Halliday or Wilson at the start of the season tbh.

However MW wants a team full of leaders so it's unfair just to point the finger solely at the captain IMO.

Sounds a litlle like the scattergun has come out after a defeat.

Nothing wrong with Wallace as captain. He has many good attributes that many were lauding earlier in the season. He still has those attributes, and none of the recent failings is because Lee Wallace or someone else doesn't go around screeching at people on the pitch.

I think a captain is overated. They should all be 'captains' and have the motivation and desire required to match these effin nobodies we play.

I realise it's a cup final for the opposition playing us, but we have better players, fans, infrastructure and we need to be up for the fight every week. I like Wallace and he tends to lead by example, which is good enough for me.

Some of the others need to realise we dont accept losing lightly and meither should they..

Wallace? No way. His fear to play the ball at the disallowed goal said it all for me - not committed enough or good enough. No leadership whatsoever.

Find a leader soon or suffer more losses.

we should have 11 Captains on the field at all times, Lee wins ever toss up before the match so he is doing his job.

You must be due a time out over this constant pish.

What do you even get from it?

It's laughable to suggest Andy Halliday will have a long term successful Rangers career. He was at Walsall and Bradford for a reason. He's not very good. Or is that not allowed coz he is one of us?

Halliday is a shoe in to be captain over the next couple of years.

Him going up against the lego eater :lol::5536:

:lol: Aye, the Scotland captain and 4/5 time SPL Champion will be shiting himself. :anguish: C'mon people. This is getting silly.

The next 2 transfer windows are going to be massive for us, we need serious investment. This shower of shite ain't going to be challenging for Premiership titles. It's so obvious.

Andy will be lucky to get a game for the reserves next year. No chance will he be in any team challenging Celtic. :lol:

:lol: Aye, the Scotland captain and 4/5 time SPL Champion will be shiting himself. :anguish:C'mon people. This is getting silly.

Check

Mate

You say SPL Champion as if he's Rocky Balboa ffs :lol:

:lol: Aye, the Scotland captain and 4/5 time SPL Champion will be shiting himself. :anguish: C'mon people. This is getting silly.

The next 2 transfer windows are going to be massive for us, we need serious investment. This shower of shite ain't going to be challenging for Premiership titles. It's so obvious.

Lucky to get a game for Scotland.

Is Fletcher not captain anyway?

It's laughable to suggest Andy Halliday will have a long term successful Rangers career. He was at Walsall and Bradford for a reason. He's not very good. Or is that not allowed coz he is one of us?

Where do you think players come from? Do they magically come into existence at Barcelona etc? Laughable that's your reasons. :lol:

It's not specifically about your posts in this thread. You've been at it for days in every thread you enter.

I'm content enough still with Wallace as a captain. I think he is a leader and a good role model, not to mention experienced too.

Wilson or Halliday lol .. they've not done close to enough to merit it.

I'd consider big Kiernan or Fod (if we are talking replacements)

Does he look and behave as an inspiration to others on the pitch? Do we see and hear enough from him organising, encouraging, bollocking, motivating players on the pitch? Do we see him commanding obvious respect from other players on the pitch? It doesn't shine out to me. Maybe like McCulloch before him he does his captaincy off the pitch out of sight at Murray Park.......which is the wrong place and too late when some galvanising in games is needed. But then again there who else from the current crop would do any better. We've got we've got until he calls it a day or is transferred.