Captain

I'm content enough still with Wallace as a captain. I think he is a leader and a good role model, not to mention experienced too.

Wilson or Halliday lol .. they've not done close to enough to merit it.

I'd consider big Kiernan or Fod (if we are talking replacements)

Wallace shouldn't have it taken off him.

Halliday's done as much as Kiernan, surely?

Foderingham is a good shout.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm content enough still with Wallace as a captain. I think he is a leader and a good role model, not to mention experienced too.

Wilson or Halliday lol .. they've not done close to enough to merit it.

I'd consider big Kiernan or Fod (if we are talking replacements)

Aye, that sums you up. Wanting a fenian as Rangers captain before a Bear...

:shifty::pipe:

Wallace shouldn't have it taken off him.

Halliday's done as much as Kiernan, surely?

Foderingham is a good shout.

Wallace shouldn't have taken it off who?

Halliday's not the same mould as Kiernan for me. He's too quiet and not agressive and commanding enough to be a perfect captain. Not saying he's a shrinking violet but I takes a certain type of character to be a captain - I don't think Halliday is it.

Wallace is good going forward, an average defender and a uninspiring choice as Captain.

To be honest, I can't forget him downing tools last season when we needed a Captain.

He was pish, granted. Only player that showed any bit of passion all season.

When we needed a captain? Mcculloch was captain all season.

Does he look and behave as an inspiration to others on the pitch? Do we see and hear enough from him organising, encouraging, bollocking, motivating players on the pitch? Do we see him commanding obvious respect from other players on the pitch? It doesn't shine out to me. Maybe like McCulloch before him he does his captaincy off the pitch out of sight at Murray Park.......which is the wrong place and too late when some galvanising in games is needed. But then again there who else from the current crop would do any better. We've got we've got until he calls it a day or is transferred.

Yes, he communicates, encourages and motivates. He just isn't particularly animated and obvious when he does, but if you watch him he's definitely doing it. See it all the time from the Govan down the left.

Obvious respect? You only have to hear what was said about that from the Manager and such like in terms of how he's held by the squad and how vocal he is in the dressing room. MW took his time deciding who was to be captain, and there's probably a reason he eventually decided on Wallace.

The only thing he doesn't do is scream at people and shout at people, and that doesn't have to be in a captain's makeup.

Wallace shouldn't have taken it off who?

Halliday's not the same mould as Kiernan for me. He's too quiet and not agressive and commanding enough to be a perfect captain. Not saying he's a shrinking violet but I takes a certain type of character to be a captain - I don't think Halliday is it.

Wallace shouldn't have it taken off him I said.

Can't say I agree with you on the Halliday/Kiernan case at all

Wallace shouldn't have it taken off him I said.

Can't say I agree with you on the Halliday/Kiernan case at all

Don't need to agree, that's cool. No worries.

But who are you referring to when you say Wallace it took it off him .... off who?

Where do you think players come from? Do they magically come into existence at Barcelona etc? Laughable that's your reasons. :lol:

It's not specifically about your posts in this thread. You've been at it for days in every thread you enter.

Andy came through at Rangers, we binned him. He then went to Livi, Chesney signed him at Boro and it went downhill from there. He's a lower league player in every way.

Andy came through at Rangers, we binned him. He then went to Livi, Chesney signed him at Boro and it went downhill from there. He's a lower league player in every way.

I think you are very much wrong to doubt Andy.

Hopefully we sign Messi in January to satisfy you.

I think you are very much wrong to doubt Andy.

Hopefully we sign Messi in January to satisfy you.

Hopefully we sign players who know what to do on a football pitch, because we have players who can't pass, tackle, defend, or score goals when it matters, and the current manager signed most of them. We are really in a mess at the moment and possibly worse to come, because I can't see either the manager or the players turning this debacle around whoever the captain is.

The guy is only 24. He wouldn't exactly be the first player to get better and develop at a later age than most.

Plus the fact he isn't even been played in his natural position.

Andy will be lucky to get a game for the reserves next year. No chance will he be in any team challenging Celtic. :lol:

Yeah the only player we have tackling is shite and is a winger attacking mid but you judge on his DM role he has been doing his best in!

I fucking think he is doing his best and he got out on the wing today and cut in perfectly so maybe when out in his natural position you will choke on your pish comment!

Hopefully we sign players who know what to do on a football pitch, because we have players who can't pass, tackle, defend, or score goals when it matters, and the current manager signed most of them. We are really in a mess at the moment and possibly worse to come, because I can't see either the manager or the players turning this debacle around whoever the captain is.

Debacle :lol:

Set yourself on fire.