***the Official Rangers Vs Hibernian Thread***

Jamie0202

Haven't started one of these before but haven't noticed an official thread in the first two pages of Bears Den.

Much improvement needed but remember Hibs aren't exactly convincing right now themselves. Last two games have required last minute goals to take 1pt and 3pts respectively. In my opinion they were very lucky to beat us the last time we played them and the result could just as easily have went the other way.

As for the team, Law needs to start for me. Shiels and Wilson shouldn't. Not sure I would start Oduwa either.

Foderingham

Tav Ball Kiernan Wallace

Halliday

Waghorn Law Holt Mckay

Miller

That's my second attempt at a team. I had threw Walsh in on the right as the curve ball with Waghorn leading the line. Reason being that and there isn't an automatic starter on the right for me and I'm a fan of the two footed Walsh. Had more of a think about it and realised we need a bit of experience in there and Miller (while I understand not everyone's favourite player) adds that. He's also done well against Hibs this season so that would be my team.

EDIT - As a side note how do you separate tags in a new topic?

3-1 think hibs will set up 352 and it'll come down to who wins the midfield battle.

Don't know if we should go 343 to give us a extra body in cm

Decisions decisions

How would that work? Would Tav and Wallace be part of the back 3 or would you play Ball, Kiernan and Wilson at the back?

Neither option sounds appealing. If you want an extra body in midfield we could play a more central minded player on the right in front of Tav. Maybe Law as he was always decent out wide? IIRC he played out wide with Motherwell when we signed him.

Don't care about the scoreline as long as Cummings gets dogs abuse and the fans get seranaded I'm happy.

Oh and if they all get chased out of Glasgow.

Would love to see a 352

Flat 3 of ball Wilson and kiernan.

Fullbacks of tavers and Wallace

Midfield 3 of law holt zelalem

2 up front with waggy and Miller.

The 3 defenders to keep a pretty low defensive line man marking and pressing at all times making sure diagonal balls don't meet the intended target.

Wallace and tavers to make sure crosses into box are stopped before the cross is made.

Midfield to be pressing at all times. Giving no time on the ball making clever passes instead of trying one twos in a crowded area. When cutting in instead of trying to run into a crowded box make a cross early.

Forwards to make runs putting the defence u fer pressure when they have the ball.

3 in def and 2 upfront is the way 2 go

Don't care about the scoreline as long as Cummings gets dogs abuse and the fans get seranaded I'm happy.

Would love to see a 352

The 3 defenders to keep a pretty low defensive line man marking and pressing at all times making sure diagonal balls don't meet the intended target.

Wallace and tavers to make sure crosses into box are stopped before the cross is made.

Midfield to be pressing at all times. Giving no time on the ball making clever passes instead of trying one twos in a crowded area. When cutting in instead of trying to run into a crowded box make a cross early.

Forwards to make runs putting the defence u fer pressure when they have the ball.

That back 3 frightens me and didn't work at all the last time we played Hibs.

How would that work? Would Tav and Wallace be part of the back 3 or would you play Ball, Kiernan and Wilson at the back?

Neither option sounds appealing. If you want an extra body in midfield we could play a more central minded player on the right in front of Tav. Maybe Law as he was always decent out wide? IIRC he played out wide with Motherwell when we signed him.

Fod

Ball Kiernan Wallace

Tav holt Halliday law

Waggy miller McKay

I don't know the formations but I think hivs have used up their luck the last two games and it's about time we get the bounce of the ball. I'm thinking we'll be back to our best for this game as the poor run of form needs to get better at some point.

Agree. It's fucking Hibs we're playing. Some people would have you thinking they're the new Barcelona of the Scottish Championship. Credit to them for their decent run of games which have made this season's league more interesting but they have been lucky in their last 2 games with 2 last minute goals to get a draw and a victory. Haven't seen it but apparently yesterday's 94th minute winner was surrounded in controversy with Kyle Hutton not being allowed on the park after treatment then a dropped ball apparently not being dropped in a 50/50 position. Again I haven't seen it but this is what I'm reading from the match report.

There's comments on other threads saying if Hibs win then it's their title to lose. Really? Half way stage and it would be theirs to lose? Laughable.

Agree. It's fucking Hibs we're playing. Some people would have you thinking they're the new Barcelona of the Scottish Championship. Credit to them for their decent run of games which have made this season's league more interesting but they have been lucky in their last 2 games with 2 last minute goals to get a draw and a victory. Haven't seen it but apparently yesterday's 94th minute winner was surrounded in controversy with Kyle Hutton not being allowed on the park after treatment then a dropped ball apparently not being dropped in a 50/50 position. Again I haven't seen it but this is what I'm reading from the match report.

There's comments on other threads saying if Hibs win then it's their title to lose. Really? Half way stage and it would be theirs to lose? Laughable.

bang on, too many surrender monkies greeting about the football and too many haters greeting about the board, fk have Christmas in their house ?

Both managers had similar rebuilds to do pre season. Who has spent the most money? Who has the most resources? Who can employ their own staff at will? Who has done better of the two given their respective budgets?

We should be out of sight.

I don't recall Hibs releasing 13 players over the summer. I must have missed that.

Both managers had similar rebuilds to do pre season. Who has spent the most money? Who has the most resources? Who can employ their own staff at will? Who has done better of the two given their respective budgets?

Do you ever post anything positive about Rangers?

they'll be confident of winning going in to this one which hopefully works in our favour. they'll do their usual headless chicken routine for the first 10/15 minutes so we should focus on keeping it tight for that period. the likes of Tavernier and Waghorn HAVE to perform in this one.

looking forward to a packed Ibrox and hopefully the result we want and need

Would love to see a 352

Haha youve just had a pop all weekend at the team but now you don't care about the result? Just so you can start another pish look at me thread?

No they didn't Stubbs has been building for 18months. They spent 100k less than us. Who said Stubbs cant employ who he wants? You? Haha. How has Warburton not done better with his budget when hes top of the league and in a cup final?

You're praying we loose, ye can just feel it.