Christmas Day Fixtures

tannerall

Can remember back in the seventies we used to have a game against Hibs round about Christmas, even on Christmas Day. Always the week before the Old Firm New Year's day game. (I think cellic Hearts was a regular Xmas fixture then too.)

Can remember trawling through the snow and sleet to Ibrox in December for a Hibs game so checked back and found there was a game we beat Hibs at Easter Road on 27th December 1971.

Anyone remember going to a game on Christmas day ?

Can remember back in the seventies we used to have a game against Hibs round about Christmas, even on Christmas Day. Always the week before the Old Firm New Year's day game. (I think cellic Hearts was a regular Xmas fixture then too.)

Can remember trawling through the snow and sleet to Ibrox in December for a Hibs game so checked back and found there was a game we beat Hibs at Easter Road on 27th December 1971.

That Hibs game you mention was actually Xmas Day.

Didn't go myself, but had a mate who was a Hibs fan who did.

I'd listened to it on the radio & heard our last gasp winner.

My mate & his dad had left a few minutes before the end & he was convinced it had finished 0-0!

I had to buy a copy of Shoot with the result in to prove it to him!

Money well spent....

I'm sure I must have been to Rangers games on Christmas Day over the years, but what stands out for some reason was going to Kilbowie to watch Clydebank v St Mirren on Christmas Day around 1976. The two of them were battling it out at the top of the First Division and I think there was a crowd of around 10,000 there.

I think there might have been a young fella by the name of Cooper in that Bankies team.

I was at that Hibs game and turned u late for Christmas dinner, steamin.

That Hibs game you mention was actually Xmas Day.

Didn't go myself, but had a mate who was a Hibs fan who did.

I'd listened to it on the radio & heard our last gasp winner.

My mate & his dad had left a few minutes before the end & he was convinced it had finished 0-0!

I had to buy a copy of Shoot with the result in to prove it to him!

Money well spent....

Was EE down? No 3G?

I remember a game we beat Hibs around that time at Easter Rd. Think we won 2-1 with wee Tommy McLean scoring one of them. Was only a kid myself so my memory could be playing tricks with me.

I remember a game we beat Hibs around that time at Easter Rd. Think we won 2-1 with wee Tommy McLean scoring one of them. Was only a kid myself so my memory could be playing tricks with me.

HG5 already pointed out the game In question was on 25th dec at easter road Rangers won 1-0 with a late goal,the goal was scored by Colin Stein 89 mins.