Andy Murdoch

Bellshill_Bear

Last year be broke into the struggling team and his performances was a bright light in a dark period.

He always wanted the ball and was always pressing, the desire and steel was unheard of in the class of 2015.

He fell out of favour and was shipped out on loan by MW to Cowdenbeath. For where he scored this 35 yard strike

http://talkingbaws.com/2015/12/video-rangers-andy-murdoch-scores-35-yard-thunder-strike-for-cowdenbeath/ (Embed please)

Fast forward and our early peakers are screaming out for a holding midfielder. Murdoch might be slight of frame and lacking in stature but is he nippy enough to be able to fill that void?

I think he would be a great addition. His performances against against hibs in the playoffs were great.

What do you guys think?

I actually criticised him last year (against the grain of course) due to him running away when he hid the ball and misplacing most of his passes.

But I see a place for him in this team, i agree he is largely unproven but could do well in hallidays role, he would cover a lot of grass and be tenacious in protecting the defenders.

Halliday could even play on his favoured left wing or even left full back giving wallace rest. the one thing we are all in agreement about is the fact we need options.

You don't have to be tall to be tenacious in midfield. We've had Gattuso, McCall who controlled the centre of the park.

Neither were the greatest passers but they won the ball and played the simple ball to the creative players who could.

Not seen enough of Murdoch, but he's still young and would provide options and competition.

You don't have to be tall to be tenacious in midfield. We've had Gattuso, McCall who controlled the centre of the park.

Neither were the greatest passers but they won the ball and played the simple ball to the creative players who could.

Not seen enough of Murdoch, but he's still young and would provide options and competition.

Ffs stuarty and gattusso were hard wee bastards Murdoch doesn't have tbaf

Looked half decent last season because he came into the team with some enthusiasm and passion. He actually looked like he was bothered and you could tell he was giving 100% which made him stand out like a sore thumb next to that cunt Black and the shite bag himself, Nicky Law.

Gattuso was a battering ram. McAll was less physical than Gattuso but still had plenty of dig and more of an all round player and put in some mileage.

Sorry, but Murdoch ain't anywhere near them in style nor stature, as rather lightweight and is just more of what we have already got.

I thought Murdoch would have been Warburton's kind of player. After MacLeod went he was the most enjoyable to watch. I don't think we have much better in Midfield at the moment. If he doesn't make it with us I wish him all the best. He gave his all when he played.