My Biggest Fear Today Is Us, The Fans.....

Rangerclackman

I agree with this 100%. We need to realise where we were this time last year firstly. The abuse directed at our players is shocking. Guys behind me calling Waggy a fat cunt, slow as fuck hes pure pish etc etc. Constantly downing the team. Its not right. Granted if we lost 4 or 5 games in a row and didn't show any heart then aye but this booing the team nonsense is a joke.

Nobody can use the fans as an excuse we have been great. We turn a blind eye to the misplaced passes etc but when it happens constant we are allowed to express our frustration. If the players played well we would be happy so the worry should be directed at the players first and foremost.

Fine, but does shouting at them help? No. Does it hinder them? Yes.

You can see we are a confidence team. We haven't been quite the same since St. Johnstone.

The place will be rocking at the start.its a two way thing after that though ,the tempo of play must be incessant .none of the slow passing of Wilson Zelalem Oduwa etc ,crisp pass and move and close down quickly when the ball is lost.then you will get the reaction from the fans.

We need to stop the moaning and groaning in the stands today everytime a move breaks down. That will be playin right into stubbs hands. our young team are feeling the pressure of the expectation of playing for Rangers and they dont have any older heads to talk them through games on the park. This will be aided by the introduction of an experience older centre half, central midfielder in january to help them through games. but right now we are looking a young players who most have never encountered this type of pressure and everytime we get on their backs they get more afraid to express themselves. its natural. But we need to put that fear onto hibs today not rangers. We need to jeer and boo them evertime they touch the ball, scream at them when they come to take a corners and make the keeper feel as uncomfortable as possible. we need to get behind our young talented players today, make them feel we are one, make hibs feel out of place.

I really beleive there isn't much wrong with the team and our way of playing is a breath of fresh air, just a couple of experienced older and tougher heads in key areas (centre back/midfield) and a centre forward who can pick up scraps in the box and head the ball, someone who can give the likes of wee mackay and waghorn the option of floating into the box when then keep running up against a defensive wall. but that cant happen till January, so forget what we need today and what is missing today and get behind what we have, a great young team and the best stadium and fans in the world. dont strike fear into our guys, strike fear into these pretenders from Edinburgh. remember they arent used to big crowds..

100% agree OP. Hate being critical our own support but I am convinced there are a few that sit near me that are at their happiest when having a go at our own team - never hear them otherwise.

Suspect however the atmosphere will be fantastic today - an early 1st goal and it will be rocking.

Fine, but does shouting at them help? No. Does it hinder them? Yes.

You can see we are a confidence team. We haven't been quite the same since St. Johnstone.

I agree mate 100% but when playing for a club like Rangers you need to be able to cope with that and take it on the chin. Not shy away and act like a wee lassy. You would never see other other Rangers team in history being so sensitive. If your playing shite and people tell you your playing shite then play better. Don't use it as an excuse for your shiteness

The place will be rocking at the start.its a two way thing after that though ,the tempo of play must be incessant .none of the slow passing of Wilson Zelalem Oduwa etc ,crisp pass and move and close down quickly when the ball is lost.then you will get the reaction from the fans.

Bollocks, as we have no God given right to win. Being a supporter, is exactly that, in that you continue to support, sing, raise the fuckin roof whether we are winning or losing. Try it sometime, you might just like it and these young players might just respond and get the feeling they are at a truly great club, as opposed to the usual fairweather glory hunters club. We currently play in difficult times and the more support we gove, the better for the team.

All players have their own unique style, particularly young players who still need it harnessed and modified to suit the system and that diesn't happen over night. Young players only know what they know and only through coaching and practice will they get those added dimensions that will fit in to the style and pattern of play to achieve the consistency and winning ways. It ain't easy.

We don't become great by fans behaving like spoilt brats.

I agree mate 100% but when playing for a club like Rangers you need to be able to cope with that and take it on the chin. Not shy away and act like a wee lassy. You would never see other other Rangers team in history being so sensitive. If your playing shite and people tell you your playing shite then play better. Don't use it as an excuse for your shiteness

Yea but great players in the past had mentors or leaders in the team who were experienced, this group of young players don't with the exeption of wallace

Agree with the OP and have thought for a while our own fans cause the team problems at Ibrox. Last season we were not the greatest and I have heard us being disgruntled and voicing our displeasure through the years but last season I have never heard it so venomous against our own players.......hell even big Jig was booed in one game every time he touched the ball. This caused huge problems for the players and forced desperation on them which in turn forced mistakes.

This season I have heard similar moans and groans at various times and is not merited, we are supposed to get behind the team not aid the opposition any time things don't go our way.

That was a disgrace and a real low for any set of fans. Luckily not all in the stadium were acting like self-entitled, deluded wankers. And luckily, thehost aside, most on this thread seem to have shed the delusions of grandeur and faux-superiority complex.

But then, judging by his avatar, thehost is obviously a Savile sympathiser, so he/she/it should be discounted out of hand.

Let's be honest though, the short corners have been awful lately.

Not only the short corners, these wee 'floaty' corners are a waste of time. Contrast with how that cnut Henderson from hivees whips across his corners.

Wee floaty corners are easy to defend and really hard to attack - waste of time