My Biggest Fear Today Is Us, The Fans.....

Rangerclackman

We need to stop the moaning and groaning in the stands today everytime a move breaks down. That will be playin right into stubbs hands. our young team are feeling the pressure of the expectation of playing for Rangers and they dont have any older heads to talk them through games on the park. This will be aided by the introduction of an experience older centre half, central midfielder in january to help them through games. but right now we are looking a young players who most have never encountered this type of pressure and everytime we get on their backs they get more afraid to express themselves. its natural. But we need to put that fear onto hibs today not rangers. We need to jeer and boo them evertime they touch the ball, scream at them when they come to take a corners and make the keeper feel as uncomfortable as possible. we need to get behind our young talented players today, make them feel we are one, make hibs feel out of place.

I really beleive there isn't much wrong with the team and our way of playing is a breath of fresh air, just a couple of experienced older and tougher heads in key areas (centre back/midfield) and a centre forward who can pick up scraps in the box and head the ball, someone who can give the likes of wee mackay and waghorn the option of floating into the box when then keep running up against a defensive wall. but that cant happen till January, so forget what we need today and what is missing today and get behind what we have, a great young team and the best stadium and fans in the world. dont strike fear into our guys, strike fear into these pretenders from Edinburgh. remember they arent used to big crowds.....

I think we have long since forgotten the part of our role that is to life a team who are struggling, encourage them and carry them forward. I've seen players crushed by the impatience of fans far more than I have seen us help them, I hope we can get a grip on how we can actually support the team.

I think we have long since forgotten the part of our role that is to life a team who are struggling, encourage them and carry them forward. I've seen players crushed by the impatience of fans far more than I have seen us help them, I hope we can get a grip on how we can actually support the team.

Spot on mate and we now have players of opposition teams looking forwars to playing at ibrox and thats wrong. Hibs keeper in papers saying ibrox is a great place to play....

Agree with the OP and have thought for a while our own fans cause the team problems at Ibrox. Last season we were not the greatest and I have heard us being disgruntled and voicing our displeasure through the years but last season I have never heard it so venomous against our own players.......hell even big Jig was booed in one game every time he touched the ball. This caused huge problems for the players and forced desperation on them which in turn forced mistakes.

This season I have heard similar moans and groans at various times and is not merited, we are supposed to get behind the team not aid the opposition any time things don't go our way.

I hope your right mate cos thats not been my experience at ibrox in the past few games.

Difference is mate this is probably the biggest game in years. Tell you what in my forty odd years of following Rangers ill guarantee you Ibrox will be rocking at 3pm. The battle fever is on.

Difference is mate this is probably the biggest game in years. Tell you what in my forty odd years of following Rangers ill guarantee you Ibrox will be rocking at 3pm. The battle fever is on.

Mate im the same as you, yes itll be bouncing at 3pm but its after that, its no point being rocking at 3pm and moaning at 3.02 booing at 3.45 and then leaving at 4.30. Look this post is a rallying call not meamt to be devisive. We may need to be very very patient today and that will take us further than 3pm kick off bud. The teams visiting expect ibrox to be rocking at 3pm but they will try to use that against out team by frustrating us for the 1st 20 mins,

We are the people

Win, lose or draw, keep it rockin till the very end and GIRU every last one of our haters.

We do have a young squad a great manager, so let them see our appreciation under any circumstance and that will inspire and give them confidence and may just spark that extrayard that will be needed.

It's up to the players to set the mood in the stadium, not the stadium set the mood on the park. No excuses, if they play at their best then the crowd will be behind them, and we will win. We need leaders out there today; something that's been badly lacking of late, especially last week.

That's exactly what we don't need! Acting like spoilt brats because our young team aren't cutting it.

We have a young squad put together on a shoe string and at short notice. Leaders are born, not made. eg. Law is not a bad player and despite all he has been through, along with all the criticism, he is still spineless and he will never have one, but he is still not a bad player.

We have young players who are quite talented and have never known such pressure, or getting booted up and down the park for the only reason in that they wear the light blue of the greatest club in the land and the most hated, so it is up to the fans in these pressure games in particular, that we are right behind them come what may and that alone can drive on these young players to raise their game and engender the winning mentality.

We need to get over ourselves, or we will remain disappointed and chase away players as we do investors (had to get that in). We have no god given right to win and in these dark times, we need to show loyalty even more so to our players in the face of adversity. Leave any punishing to the manager AFTER the game, as it is his job and responsibility to do so and let the world and our haters know what supporting your team and club is really all about!

Mate im the same as you, yes itll be bouncing at 3pm but its after that, its no point being rocking at 3pm and moaning at 3.02 booing at 3.45 and then leaving at 4.30. Look this post is a rallying call not meamt to be devisive. We may need to be very very patient today and that will take us further than 3pm kick off bud. The teams visiting expect ibrox to be rocking at 3pm but they will try to use that against out team by frustrating us for the 1st 20 mins,

We are the people

Exactly!

Nobody can use the fans as an excuse we have been great. We turn a blind eye to the misplaced passes etc but when it happens constant we are allowed to express our frustration. If the players played well we would be happy so the worry should be directed at the players first and foremost.

We see the mistakes made every week, just as the manager does and the players themselves. MW is thorough if nothing else, but we do know he good he is.

Overall we have a young team, but one who have lost a bit of confidence. They know the MW system inside out. They play for the biggest, best and most hated club in the land and get battered by tattie howkers for the audicity of being talented and wearing the light blue.

It's not unsurprising form has dipped. We can be that added dimension that these young players need in getting their confidence and pride back, because believe they are hurting also, as no footballer wants to be on the losing side.

Let them see what kind of support we can be in adversity and put our egos to the one side and that may just be the ingredient needed to spark them back to winning ways.