Mcgregor Myth...

graeme_4

Maybe but you can still say, if Kiernan did run out and that shot wasn't deflected it was a probable goal anyway as Fod's view was malnourished by the sea of bodies,

I would go as far to say that, when we don't concede, I actually enjoy watching us defend (certainly enjoy watching Kiernan defend, Wilson too when we are winning). Kiernan is like a rock in the tackle+defence and when we play Aberdeen, Celtic etc next season he will fight tooth and nail at the heart of defence giving his all alongside Holt, Waldo, Tav, Waggy etc to help us on to victory. When we get promoted I would say Kiernan is automatically in the best 3/4 Prem CB's including all of CFC's and Wilson

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe but you can still say, if Kiernan did run out and that shot wasn't deflected it was a probable goal anyway as Fod's view was malnourished by the sea of bodies,

I would go as far to say that, when we don't concede, I actually enjoy watching us defend (certainly enjoy watching Kiernan defend, Wilson too when we are winning). Kiernan is like a rock in the tackle+defence and when we play Aberdeen, Celtic etc next season he will fight tooth and nail at the heart of defence giving his all alongside Holt, Waldo, Tav, Waggy etc to help us on to victory. When we get promoted I would say Kiernan is automatically in the best 3/4 Prem CB's including all of CFC's and Wilson

I disagree with you but tonight's not the night to argue its a night to enjoy the win. :clap:

In the part where I say enjoy watching us defend I meant I enjoy seeing Kiernan's solid tackles that always win the ball, even when he is one on one with the striker it is usually thrilling because he is like a rock who always wins, but I agree mate today is the day to relish our victory and consider who magic hat will sign in January as we look forward to the title this season, a cup win too, and then the prem battle for 55 next season where we do to every prem team what we done to Hibs today.

Ps if we sign Dom Ball on a free that would be one of the best signings since Laudrup

Kiernan can be a bit slack but on his game, like he was today, I think he'll come good and some of his passing was top notch.

Kiernan and Ball are decent CBs but when either plays alongside Wilson they are sometimes made to look like fools.

I'm afraid Wilson puts his teammates in trouble so often that I would never make him a first team pick.

In the part where I say enjoy watching us defend I meant I enjoy seeing Kiernan's solid tackles that always win the ball, even when he is one on one with the striker it is usually thrilling because he is like a rock who always wins, but I agree mate today is the day to relish our victory and consider who magic hat will sign in January as we look forward to the title this season, a cup win too, and then the prem battle for 55 next season where we do to every prem team what we done to Hibs today.

Ps if we sign Dom Ball on a free that would be one of the best signings since Laudrup

Take it easy on the drink eh.

Take it easy on the drink eh.

:lol:

Could turn into a decent player, however, lets see him face a few more strikers than some championship level players before comparing his potential arrival to the likes of The Great Dane.

if we are going to stand any chance next season we need to strengthen the defence.

I think they are both decent defenders but dont suit well to the system we play with who we have in front of them at the moment

Wilson flourished having Weir to play beside constantly instructing him and led the line well for the tarts last year. He and kiernan clearly dont cope well being exposed with the two full backs up the park, maybe with an experienced DCM we will see a more solid back line.

You're a reed battling bastard, and you'll be banned soon.

See ya.

:tank:

McGregor was an honest player and tried his heart out for us on what was a shockingly bad era for us. I thank him for his efforts,.

Under current system even Paulo Maldini would look dodgey at times - left high up the park, 1 vs 1, up the against pacey forwards. Both fullbacks bombing forward and our defensive CM not always tucking in. I think its a fairly tough gig playing CB for us, but Warbs is prepared to gamble at the back to allow the numbers up when attacking with possession.

Hibs set up to us in a similar iway in 2nd half and although they were more of an attacking threat they were susceptible to a goal on the breakaway - waggy and Clark chance.

I think we are going to give team chances, but as long as we are creating plenty more andconverting them then all is good.

Our defence is undoubtedly shite. I've been complaining about it since the start of the season and been called a pape because of it. The fact that McGregor is shite doesn't take away from the fact Wilson and Kiernan will almost certainly not win us any titles in the top division as our first choice pairing. Kiernan was fucking abysmal for the first goal.

Our defence is undoubtedly shite. I've been complaining about it since the start of the season and been called a pape because of it. The fact that McGregor is shite doesn't take away from the fact Wilson and Kiernan will almost certainly not win us any titles in the top division as our first choice pairing. Kiernan was fucking abysmal for the first goal.

that's fuckin' bullshit!

i'm not calling you a pape for it, but if you knew a bit about the game you'd understand Warbs total football will always leave the centre backs exposed - because Tav and Wallace are constantly in attack mode - it's a system that would leave the best CBs in the game vulnerable.

Kernan and Ball are quality players and Wilson might be if he gets his finger out.

Warbs philosophy is clear - he risks exposing his centre backs because he has confidence his system will always produce more goals than the opposition.

that's fuckin' bullshit!

i'm not calling you a pape for it, but if you knew a bit about the game you'd understand Warbs total football will always leave the centre backs exposed - because Tav and Wallace are constantly in attack mode - it's a system that would leave the best CBs in the game vulnerable.

Kernan and Ball are quality players and Wilson might be if he gets his finger out.

Warbs philosophy is clear - he risks exposing his centre backs because he has confidence his system will always produce more goals than the opposition.

Battyboy raging again.

If you knew a bit about the game you'd understand that things like missing a header, sliding in like you're going down a water flume, not pushing out with the rest of the defence and playing guys onside are simple errors and can't always be blamed on "total football", or whatever other excuse you want to come up with.

that's fuckin' bullshit!

Defence is far better than it was over the last 3 years, but would get tore apart against European teams every time.

Wilson is an accident waiting to happen every time he plays.