Danny Wilson

BridgeIsBlue

Some of youse are sum buzz easily better than Kieran in last 2 games not hit his best but will come onto a game and prove to be our best player in defence

Sloppy start yesterday but stepping out of defence with ball got us on front foot for rest of game compared to Kieran who was quiet but switched off at crucial points 1st goal staying in and 2nd playing player rather than the ball

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion he is too slow for the CB position and I think would stand out a lot more in the CDM position, with Ball replacing his CB position.

He is too slow for any position.

Being too slow is a liability in football and in the modern game if you don't have pace you don't have a place.

The stick he gets is harsh, the style which we play naturally leaves the two central defenders exposed a lot. Hes done well I think, all this chopping and changing in and out the team won't be doing much good, he needs a good run of games. Look at our unbeaten run at the start of the season which he played his part in. It's a tough one to call because I really like Ball as well, he is a great player and will be excellent in the future

Agree with this and the other posts in his defence. He appears to be this season's Nicky Law.

The folk calling him out for going down south need their heads looked at. I mean how dare a young laddie take a punt on his career to play in "the best league in the world" - even if it was Liverpool.

Get a grip FFS!

You don't shore up a weakness, you remove it.

If that's the case we need four new defenders for the first team.

Warburton clearly wanted a defensive central midfielder - he waited too long for Eustace. If he brings in one, then we'll see which of our defenders are good enough for the team and which aren't. As it stands we do not appear to have a quality central defender but Wilson's the one getting all the criticism.

If that's the case we need four new defenders for the first team.

Warburton clearly wanted a defensive central midfielder - he waited too long for Eustace. If he brings in one, then we'll see which of our defenders are good enough for the team and which aren't. As it stands we do not appear to have a quality central defender but Wilson's the one getting all the criticism.

Bringing in a DM doesn't make a CD better. He may help stop the leaks of a poor defence, but first and foremost it is to make the spine of a strong team even stronger, not to play with a man down. If you have a weak CD, he temains to be just that and you are only as strong as your weakest link in anything!

If you lack pace, can't read a game, a poor passer, a poor header of a ball and as slow as a weak in the jail, then 3 DM's won't make up for that weakness and you only turn an attacking team into a defensive one.

Get decent CD's in, otherwise we will remain to be ripped wide open on the top tier and we are Rangers after all and should not be having to put up with players who lack the basic skills at this level.

We don't need anyone to blame, he is rank and any footballer that was inside him has long gone and won't be back.

He isn't rank. Very few, if any, rank players get to sign for Liverpool. You really have to be naive in its extreme to realise that our style of play is just not suited to his positioning, speed and overall play.

It's as clear as day. (tu)

He has been murder for us, but it's easy to see why. (tu)

Dont think he is as bad as a lot of people make out. Wouldnt be a priority for me. Other positions are needed.

The way Rangers play with fast overlapping full backs, is always going to leave your two centre backs exposed when playing a flat back four.

Do they open up or keep it tight, that is the prob, all it needs in one of them beaten ONCE during a match and it can be difficult.

We need that sitting central midfielder.

For me Danny hasnt looked like the player he was at herts this season, I dont know if its the style of football we play but for sure the lad looks as if his confidence is shattered. I still think he is a decent player in the right system just not sure this system we play where we expose the CBs he is comfortable in.

Seems like he has a lack of confidence after a few shaky performances. It also doesn't help when fans start turning against him.

Our style of play leaves our CB's exposed at times. I fully believe a solid CDM will sort this out.

Some on these pages have had a go at Wilson and Kiernan. Honestly think the CDM would give them the extra seconds to position themselves.

Complete scapegoat this season. Played every game we won 11 in a row. One mistake against St Johnstone and one against Hibs when he didn't track cummings fast enough and now he's not a footballer anymore. I like him and he will get better, he probably just needs to deal with the crowd getting on his back more.