Did You Think The Youngsters Would Have Played More By Now?

skinnymate1690

Before anyone jumps the gun im not slagging warburton in any way.

I just thought with the stuff he was saying at the start of the season maybe we would have seen a few of the younger ones get more playing time in the first half of the season. The likes on thomson and hardie who have only had a few mins here and there. The young boy lyon who has been on the bench a couple of times as well.

Mckay has taken his chance well

obviously i trust the managers judgement on the players and maybe the others arent good enough yet.

I think Mr Warburton might not be ready too throw them in against the assassins and hammer throwers in this division too often, as the main objective is to ensure promotion first with the strongest team.

Same with Oduwa and Zelalem, who both had fair runs against the less physically strong teams, and in my opinion it is probable he is protecting those two as well due to them possibly getting injured by said hammer throwers whilst not actually belonging to us.

If we can put a wee bit of distance between ourselves and the chasers I'd expect the youths and loanees to get more game time.

But for now the priority is getting assured promotion as quickly as possible.

I expected and still do expect them to play when Warburton thinks they are ready.

He has tried when we are 3 and 4 up, and its has been fine. As the scores went down and it was a wee bit more difficult to bring them on, it has been noted.

I am sure, once we are at the situation where we are "secure" in winning the league, he will give our boys more chances.

I think the average age of the match-day teams (not the squad) has come down from 29 to 23 this season, even with Miller and Shiels getting regular playing time, so it has been pretty good already.

I'm sure both Hardie and Thompson will get more time as the season goes on. Thompson looks ready right now, from what I've seen, Hardie looks so, so promising but he also looks to be one missed meal away from starvation and maybe needs another year to develop.

I thought Walsh wouldve been a regular if am honest. He played well against St Mirren and hasnt been seen since. Not sure of his injuries etc but am sure hes learning everyday in training. I think Hardie will get a chance in the 2nd half of the season especially if we sell clark

ive been fucking delighted with the ages of most of the first team players this season, obviously quite a few were brought in but thats not the point, this current team will grow and learn together

we could use a few more of our own at times, but its not like their positions are being hogged by overpaid, under performing on a regular basis journeymen wanting funny money to do it

I think there may be a couple will go actually. MW was very circumspect during his interview yesterday when he was asked if any players will be moving on.

From what he said about players having to play, I don't see that being Hardie etc. I see that being more aimed at Templeton, Bell and Clark.

I did expect more to have a run out, and if we had kept on skudding teams 5-0 etc and had a big league lead then maybe more rotation would have happened or more times all 3 subs would be used. But maybe its because its been tighter than we first thought (league).

TBH yes and by that I mean guys like Thompson seeing more game time from 60 minutes onward when games are wrapped up.

But to flip it I also feel strongly that Rangers have a duty to our fans and the demands of the club mean we play our strongest team to win at all times. We have the best crop of youngsters at the club IMO probably in my life time watching Rangers. I'm not even exaggerating ... in years gone past there was Charlie Miller or Barry Ferguson doing the business breaking through but only one or two players at a time not a whole team ... but the time has to be right .... Hardie is the best youth player we've got and yet he still looks a bit raw and ineffective when he gets some first team game time and I'm not being harsh on the kid he's young and learning.