Templeton

GOAT

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still receiving treatment.

If he gets back to what Warburton thinks is an acceptable fitness, and all parties can agree I'd give him a new short year deal. He's not really had an opportunity under Warburton and everybody deserves a clean slate. Not exactly his fault he's been injured. I'm fully aware that he was disappointing under McCoist in the last couple of seasons but he was very good when he joined.

If he gets back to what Warburton thinks is an acceptable fitness, and all parties can agree I'd give him a new short year deal. He's not really had an opportunity under Warburton and everybody deserves a clean slate. Not exactly his fault he's been injured. I'm fully aware that he was disappointing under McCoist in the last couple of seasons but he was very good when he joined.

Totally disagree, we can't have passengers next season. When we have a small lean squad reliability is key and a player who constantly suffers injury problems isn't going to benefit us.

Plus he's getting on now, let's look at young players who can come in and challenge.

Totally disagree, we can't have passengers next season. When we have a small lean squad reliability is key and a player who constantly suffers injury problems isn't going to benefit us.

Plus he's getting on now, let's look at young players who can come in and challenge.

He's 26. Harry Forrester is 25 in a couple of days. Your opinion is fair enough but we'll see, if MW likes him he'll offer him a new deal.

Waste of a wage now, will be moved on in Jan for free if he's fit. If not, his contract won't be renewed. What a disappointment he's been and he's only got himself to blame - albeit the piss poor squad we had before it's a surprise he didn't play more for the previous imbeciles in the dugout.

He's back in training now which Warburton confirmed during his press conference the other day, still a bit away from full fitness.

The Manager did utilise both Templeton and McKay at the start of the season on either flank which did work well.

Regardless of peoples thoughts on Templeton over the last few years we are playing a style of football now that essentially is tailor made for players of his ability.

What will be interesting to see is whether the manager decides to give him the opportunity again when fully fit, then like Dean Shiels etc he'll have the opportunity to prove whether he has a future with us.

My issue has and always will be the fitness thing.

Would have liked to have seen him match fit and a run of form under MW I think he could have surprised a few people but the signing of Harry today coupled with his injuries probably means it's the end for him

I wouldn't be surprised if he went down to an Oldham or something in England and became a player again

Templeton had or has the talent and potential and I thought he was what we needed a creative young(ish) player.Injuries non selection and form have hampered him and he is probably on his last chance to make any impression.We deserved to get Holt cheap because we overpaid for what he have got with Templeton thus far.

Not just him.

Many "established players" eg Wallace were shite under Swally.

Gie the lad a break I say.

I wouldnt imagine he is in any hurry to leave, he will spring into action end of march perform through april and show how good a player we have missed , let his contract run out and get a club with decent money due to being a free agent.

Made for life by Rangers wages shame his pain threshold is that of a wimp and has sat out more than played, there is no doubting he is a game changing player but we never saw enough of it.