New Years Games Against The Soapdodgers...

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any memories?

Sadly at this time of year I always remember the disaster, I'm sure we all do, RIP all.

Do you have any fonder memories of these games?

Always looked forward to the New Years day game. Me and my mates are a pretty mixed crowd so it was always good banter and a few risky songs directed towards each other on Hogmany for the bells.

The morning was the best.

Still buzzing and often sleepless from the celebrations of the previous night, topping up the drinks again anticipating the excitement to come.

And I'm sure due to police advice the game kick-offs gradually got pulled back from 3pm to really early times.

The main song sung was always "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way, oh what fun it is to fuck the tims on New Year's Day"

(Yes I did use the word tims there as it seemed right, but I'm sure it was actually "fuck the H*** on New Years Day" then as that is what we use to sing to them. Political correctness really does have an effect, Boo.)

Surprisingly we usually had a fair quantity of alcohol to take into the game, cause we were usually well stocked for the New Year period.

Always lots of arrests too, a few hundred was par for the course in those days, mostly breaches of the peace or for scuffles.

The morning was the best.

Still buzzing and often sleepless from the celebrations of the previous night, topping up the drinks again anticipating the excitement to come.

And I'm sure due to police advice the game kick-offs gradually got pulled back from 3pm to really early times.

The main song sung was always "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way, oh what fun it is to fuck the tims on New Year's Day"

(Yes I did use the word tims there as it seemed right, but I'm sure it was actually "fuck the H*** on New Years Day" then as that is what we use to sing to them. Political correctness really does have an effect, Boo.)

Surprisingly we usually had a fair quantity of alcohol to take into the game, cause we were usually well stocked for the New Year period.

Always lots of arrests too, a few hundred was par for the course in those days, mostly breaches of the peace or for scuffles.

Sums it up. Remember one match where I got home about three days after the game. Partying was fun when you were young.

anton rogans stupid looking face always made me laugh

Aye. Even better for the handball the next year. Looks like he's never played the game, doesn't understand the rules and mutters some strange, mhanky nonsense that looks like 'Me?.... A fuckin ball!'.

Yes, Anton, but you're supposed to kick it.

Aye. Even better for the handball the next year. Looks like he's never played the game, doesn't understand the rules and mutters some strange, mhanky nonsense that looks like 'Me?.... A fuckin ball!'.

Yes, Anton, but you're supposed to kick it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGbBi_h-teY

:lol:

yep one of those docile ' what did I do ' looks.

Got to be the 4-1 game. Magnificent. walters x2, Butcher, Ferguson. Great OF games at Ibrox that season, coming after the 5-1 game.

Was on the 3rd, 1989 but still counts.

:lol: The wee ball boy after Butchers equalizer, fist pump to the taigs.

On yerself wee man

Posted that before I watched the rest of it, wee man does it for all three goals in that half.