Rebel Scum

slimjim1690

The only reason I've started a new thread is I believe my thoughts would get lost in the Statement thread so please bear with me, after watching the Hibs game on TV and listening to the rendition of TBB it's obvious to all that it's not going away, but it's also obvious that two of the old words cannot be used, so once again we come back to what will be accepted to protect the club and also misguided supporters from prosecution.

Here is my attempt and my reasoning behind it.

It seems to me that to many are trying to find something that would rhyme with knees, why? "Fenian blood" doesn't rhyme with knees, does it?, and I believe many like me think that "big trophies" or "EBT's" are just stupid and will never be accepted by the masses.

So what can we change that line to that would appeal to us all, hardliners and the less volatile alike,I think we should use what one of our posters suggested many threads ago, change "Fenian blood" to "REBEL SCUM", it works on so many ways, there is no mention of blood (although it could be insinuated) but can you be convicted of insinuation? And no mention of "Fenian" but "rebel scum" is specifically pointed to the Celtic support, something the great unwashed would rage at, and that is the whole point isn't it, something to get to them and also lets the whole world know who we're referring to and know what decent people think of them as.

TBB's anthem is not going away, I believe this is an alternative that works for us all, and more importantly cannot be challenged by the authorities, they may not like it but I do not see how they could ban it, we just all need to get onside with this version.

Please discuss reasonably.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would wait and see what punishment ,if any, is handed out for our latest sash bash. My guess would be fuck all due to the SFAs current laws. Unless they change the rules and the club continues to do everything they can to stop it then the club can't be punished for us singing Fenian blood.

However could possibly be a problem in Europe

A thread discussing changing the words to TBB? What a refreshing change of pace.

Far enough mate, was expecting this but I do understand, even I sometimes get fed up with it, but after last week with the goosebumps and the Statement thread I just wanted to give a more reasoned reason to change the words and keep it in the spotlight, it just has to be sung as I'm sure you will agree.

I would wait and see what punishment ,if any, is handed out for our latest sash bash. My guess would be fuck all due to the SFAs current laws. Unless they change the rules and the club continues to do everything they can to stop it then the club can't be punished for us singing Fenian blood.

However could possibly be a problem in Europe

Only problem with this is that the club have deemed it unacceptable.

Only problem with this is that the club have deemed it unacceptable.

Club has to deem it unacceptable or would be open to punishment. Under current Sfa rules clubs can't be punished for the behaviour of fans if they are being seen to to try and stop it. So obviously the club has make that statement

Club has to deem it unacceptable or would be open to punishment. Under current Sfa rules clubs can't be punished for the behaviour of fans if they are being seen to to try and stop it. So obviously the club has make that statement

They had to sate the obvious to distance themselves in the principle, but they betrayed us when they blamed us and we should robustly remind them that they are either with us or against us and if the latter, to fuck off.

Bored of the whole TBB shite now, same everytime its sung, outrage in media, club say they dont condone it, fans talk about changing words, blah blah blah, all over a song, only in scotland with all its religious pishy baggage is this a story!

As boring as it maybe, it is just not about religion. It is about us. Whether it's the word fenian or anything else, matters not a jot to our haters and time we met these cunts head on and bring it to an end.

Ive always sang "we'll sing the sash and derry's walls , surrender or you'll die"

The original

Doesn't matter what the words are people sing what they want its called freedom of speech.

Most football chants are changed, there's times when im in the comfort of my own with no one to offend and completely change the words of follow follow 'up the falls, derry's walls we will follow on....Dundee Hamilton fuck helmund and the taliban, if they go to Syria we will follow on.. cause there's not a hair on a badly nuns fanny....... No not one since the Boyne was won... U get the jist..

Good luck to the polis trying to prove what ppl were saying on cctv lol do the have professional lip readers in the force now?? Fuck it sing what u want and where a scarf!

Altogether now......