The Billy Boys (Reprise)

D'Artagnan

I understand your sentiments but use of Fenian doesn't constitute racism as they're not a race - so the racism aspect is a moot point.

My problem is that the powers to be in this backward shithole of a country have decided that Fenian = Roman Catholic when we all know and every man and his dog in the street knows it's aimed at the Republican sympathisers and those who sing the praises of various proscribed groups.

How can they say that singing it is aimed at Roman Catholics, when a percentage of the Bheast support are Protestant and we have a number of RC's amongst our support who sing it. To say it's ambiguous is an understatement.

It will only take one person to go not guilty the whole way (with a decent lawyer) and receive a not guilty verdict for this to be turned on it's head.

Another point, when Ajax were fined for displaying their Fenian Bastards banner - wasn't that due to the use of the word Bastards? (not 100% on this though).

Racism, sectarian, etc in the eyes of the law both forms of prejudice and bigotry. I wish people were thicker skinned but they aren't and currently bigotry is only seen as happening one way, which is wrong

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally accepted by whom (our haters?) because I for one have never taken Fenian to mean Roman Catholic and I haven't met any other Bear who thinks otherwise.

This is what needs met head on.

By the general populace, that's who. And also, up to this kicking off within the last few years, probably by the majority of Rangers fans.

By the general populace, that's who. And also, up to this kicking off within the last few years, probably by the majority of Rangers fans.

Corky this hasn't kicked off in the last few years. A concerted campaign to get rid of TBB was begun in the late 1990s. They have though media manipulation made the word Fenian synonymous with Catholic, just as they they made the word h** synonymous with Rangers, yet we used it previously to describe them.

No matter what we give, it will never be enough.

That said the Sash and Derry's Walls is a more than adequate replacemdnt, IMHO.

When it comes to TBB you have to look at it different ways depending on if youre talking about the Club being punished by SFA/SPFL/FIFA/UEFA whoever, or if youre talking about fans being punished by being arrested or banned from grounds.

When it comes to a fan being arrested, it doesn’t really matter if you argue that "fenian" isnt sectarian, if you are arrested for singing a song at the football or in the street its not whether what you said was sectarian/racist or not, its about if it could be deemed offensive and/or cause a public disturbance. Technically you could be singing Mary Had a Little Lamb and if a polis thought it could be deemed offensive then you could be arrested for it from what I gather, obviously that’s an exaggeration but you know what I mean. Even if you proved that the definition of the word wasn’t sectarian and even if you proved your intentions werent sectarian in nature, if the judge decides it was offensive and could have caused a disturbance in public then youre done. Even singing "celtic blood" or something like that could be deemed offensive.

With the Club being punished on the other hand, UEFA has deemed the word fenian to be sectarian has it not? Have they not banned "all forms" of TBB? Can someone confirm this? Even if not, they have banned racist/sectarian behaviour at grounds esp in the CL/EL, if we sung it then its upto UEFA to decide if its sectarian, even if legally it isnt as far as I know that’s upto them, and can punish the Club even if we changed the words. That being said, the Club has put in a great effort to clamp down on the sectarianism stuff, they could argue they’ve done all they possibly can. Which would probably make UEFA less inclined to punish the Club.

Anyway, all you need to do is take a look at the other side of the city, let alone Clubs all across Europe. To see that its ridiculous that Rangers are being made the targets in this. Theres open support of terrorism at the pigerry, theres open racism and nazism from fans all across Europe. Yet Rangers sing one, maybe 2 songs with the word "fenian" that’s not even a sectarian term, and we're suddenly the biggest offenders in Europe. It’s a fucking joke.

I was talking to someone at work today who is a really bitter tim. She was talking about our "sectarian" singing. I pointed out to her that her club glorified terrorists to which she laughed. I then told her we sing "big trophies" or "EBTs" and she actually said she thought that was a brilliant idea. TBH I couldn't believe my ears because she is one of the most bitterest people I have ever met.

"Big Trophies" is poofy. "Paedo Blood" or "Sing the Sash and Derry's Walls".

Think it should be as Pc as possible as all that will happen is they will jump on the replacement words with the usual mock outrage!

For me the hello hello is the most important part, the rest is just words.

Found this Rangers specific version online

Hello, Hello

We are the Rangers Boys

Hello, Hello

You'll know us by our noise

We'll give anything to see our team

At Ibrox or away

For we are

The Glasgow Rangers Boys

Reckon this is what the club and fans should be promoting

I was talking to someone at work today who is a really bitter tim. She was talking about our "sectarian" singing. I pointed out to her that her club glorified terrorists to which she laughed. I then told her we sing "big trophies" or "EBTs" and she actually said she thought that was a brilliant idea. TBH I couldn't believe my ears because she is one of the most bitterest people I have ever met.

Sounds like she should work for Glasgow city council not SLC.

Think it should be as Pc as possible as all that will happen is they will jump on the replacement words with the usual mock outrage!

Hello, Hello

We are the Rangers Boys

Hello, Hello

At Ibrox or away

For we are

The Glasgow Rangers Boys

OH...........FOR..........FUCK.........SAKE.

Hello, Hello

We are the Rangers Boys

Hello, Hello

At Ibrox or away

For we are

The Glasgow Rangers Boys

:anguish::anguish:

Hello, Hello

We are the Rangers Boys

Hello, Hello

At Ibrox or away

For we are

The Glasgow Rangers Boys

Potential song writer on RM.

Said it before. Let's take H*** back. Ridiculous we let them turn it on us.

We're up to our knees in H*** blood...

Either we get our song back, or every single reference to H*** in Scottish football is abolished. Win-win.

Whats the betting if we did that - they would then accuse us of being racist.

They say Fenian has to go. - gone, clean lines
They say Billy boys has to go because it refers to Fullarton's razor gang'. - gone, clean lines
King William, features in the Sash - included, clean lines
Find something wrong with this Spiers, Gollum and the rest ...

Hullo, Hullo,
We are the Billy Boys;
Hullo, Hullo,
You'll know us by our noise;
We're here today for King Billy !
Surrender or you'll die !
For we are William's Billy Boys.