The Billy Boys (Reprise)

D'Artagnan

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt hear anyone singing big trophies at Hibs, I was in the family section and nearly everyone around me was singing the proper words.

If i had to choose an alternative id either go with the Sash And Derrys Walls since its what most seem to agree on, or Were Upto the Knees in You Know What, just to wind them up even more.

Although I am totally reluctant to give up the popular version (and will continue to sing it at private venues), but can't see it being entertained by anyone in this easily offended world (not even our Club), I agree we have to put alternatives out there to get the song back on the song sheet at Ibrox and at away venues.

Although sanitised this version removes the "offending words" doh and replaces them with a more Club only anthem which may help to at least bring our tune back into our song repertoire.

As a few others have mentioned, the start of this war cry is the important part, due to the noise factor, perhaps they should only be kept and the song changed completely, in this case.

My favourite is the mention of "Silverware", but only being up to our "knees" in it seems to me to be below the amount of silverware we actually have won, so used head hair instead, being at a higher part of the anatomy than knee level.

I can understand that hair may be classed as being insensitive to all the follicley challenged of our support, but as hair still grows at eyebrow level this should not be seen to be elitist in any way ..... :P

Hullo ... Hullo,

We are The Rangers Team,

Hullo ... Hullo,

The Best you've ever seen,

We're up to our hair in Silverware,

And going for 55, (change as honours increase)

For we are The Glasgow Rangers Team.

:uk:

Although I am totally reluctant to give up the popular version (and will continue to sing it at private venues), but can't see it being entertained by anyone in this easily offended world (not even our Club), I agree we have to put alternatives out there to get the song back on the song sheet at Ibrox and at away venues.

Although sanitised this version removes the "offending words" doh and replaces them with a more Club only anthem which may help to at least bring our tune back into our song repertoire.

As a few others have mentioned, the start of this war cry is the important part, due to the noise factor, perhaps they should only be kept and the song changed completely, in this case.

My favourite is the mention of "Silverware", but only being up to our "knees" in it seems to me to be below the amount of silverware we actually have won, so used head hair instead, being at a higher part of the anatomy than knee level.

I can understand that hair may be classed as being insensitive to all the follicley challenged of our support, but as hair still grows at eyebrow level this should not be seen to be elitist in any way ..... :P

Hullo ... Hullo,

We are The Rangers Team,

Hullo ... Hullo,

OH............FOR...........FUCK.............SAKE.

Hullo Hullo

They call us Sevco

Hullo Hullo

We're not as they well know

We're up to our knees in enemies

But we keep fighting on

For we are Rangers Football Club.

Hullo Hullo

It's on and up we go

Hullo Hullo

We'll never die you know

The greatest club in the world

54 and going strong

For we are The Rangers Football Club.

Just keep it simple.

'Up to our knees in La La La...'

Just insert whatever you want, as I don't think it matters as long as it doesn't cross the 'offensive' line, wherever that is.

I'm an EBT man myself, but if you can't make up your mind, just sing La La La, and it will work just fine.

Hullo ... Hullo,

We are The Rangers Team,

Hullo ... Hullo,

Discriminating against bald people!

Not me I might add !

Discriminating against bald people!

Not me I might add !

:lol:

Not at all ..... the baldies have been covered by eyebrows, ear hair, nose hair, chest hair, fuck me, even baw hair if needs be .... but certainly not discriminating against them mate .....

Did you like the changes otherwise ........ Paul ? ........ :P

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry mate ....... :love:

I await your inspired attempt ....... but honestly understand your reluctance to change the war cry ...... if there is a way to keep it please show us all that way.

I started a thread a couple of days before D'art started this one suggesting Rebel Scum and gave my reasons for that, no problem if you missed it mate, but I would be more than happy if "The Sash and Derrys Walls" were adopted though, all other suggestions just make me think. OH..........FOR.........FUCK.........SAKE.

I started a thread a couple of days before D'art started this one suggesting Rebel Scum and gave my reasons for that, no problem if you missed it mate, but I would be more than happy if "The Sash and Derrys Walls" were adopted though, all other suggestions just make me think. OH..........FOR.........FUCK.........SAKE.

:thumbup:

I totally understand now mate ...... I did actually see that thread and thought ....... not another one, so you're right I skipped it, as I thought it would just be the same as before ...... replacing a word or two, but not allowing it to be brought back to the stadium for good.

Dart's thread was entirely different, as it was asking how could we possibly bring it back for good without the "forever offended" getting it struck off again ....... hence my effort ..... :blush:

My effort was what I came up with ....... and believe me it is very difficult to change our old war cry to suit the censors' pathetic siding with septic sympathies ....... with just a word or two.

I loved your reply as it was ....... for want of a better description ...... as funny and honest as fuck ...... but proves the point that unless we can have it in all it's uncensored glory ...... it will probably be nigh impossible to change it.

In other threads on this topic I have done the same as yourself and threw my tuppence into the kitty ..... but it was more in jest than being serious, as I thought we could never get it back as it would harm the Club ...... fines etc.

My efforts ranged from ; "Up to our knees in EBT's,

But The Rangers didnae die "........ someone revived this recently but not in conjunction with the second line.

On another thread I did ; "Up tae oor baw's in fenian blood" ........ this upset a female member who was unfortunately without baw's ...... I know ..... who knew ....... We all know who knew ...... :pipe: ..... but i digress.

I also thought if we could just change "fenian" to "foreign blood" we might get away with the one word that in my reading, is the one the scum are opposed to ...... but we know all too clearly now that they want it to remain a banned song regardless of the content .... and we all know why, as it has gone beyond any word change ....... it scares the shit out of them plain and simple.

Hopefully someone's version can bypass the censors and return this very intimidating tune to the stands once more ...... whether it be "Silverware", "The Sash and Derry's Walls" or your own "Rebel Scum"..... only time will tell ....... But one thing is for sure a fully filled Ibrox park is a sadder place without this magnificent war cry ...... as was proven recently ....... What a noise it really is ....... pure magic.

Hullo Hullo

They call us Sevco

Hullo Hullo

We're not as they well know

We're up to our knees in enemies

But we keep fighting on

For we are Rangers Football Club.

Hullo Hullo

It's on and up we go

Hullo Hullo

We'll never die you know