Players Out Of Contract In The Summer

WilliamFyfe

Not one of those players is good enough to be part of a squad trying to overtake the tims.

Get rid

Not one? Each of those players with the exception of Nicky Clark has been part of a first eleven which has beaten Celtic on the park in a first team game.

The important part is squad. We need a squad, not just a starting eleven. All are capable of being squad players although I do have hopes that the real Nicky Law can emerge from Ally's reign.

I don't think we should instantly get rid. I think we should keep on merit and this season there has been arguments for every one of those players to stay; even the injury prone Templeton.

I'm not saying we will or we should keep them all, just that they each get a chance under Warburton to prove themselves. There have certainly been worse squad players to win titles with us than those mentioned.

Apart from that Celtic are shite. Utter shite. I genuinely want us to meet them in the Scottish cup this season. That's another post in itself!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd keep Law definately, Shiels is also decent as a squad player as in the top league we will need more depth. Likewise with Clark, would keep him only if numbers are short but don't think he's quite good enough.

It's a shame it hasn't worked out with Templeton but also think he needs to leave us to get his career back on track, a team like Roos County or Partick would probably be a good fit for him.

disagree completely, warbs wants a tight lean squad, no passengers next year. If Shiels is only good enough to ever be a "decent squad player" next season after warbs has had time to properly build the squad, I'd rather see the wee boy Thompson take his place.

disagree completely, warbs wants a tight lean squad, no passengers next year. If Shiels is only good enough to ever be a "decent squad player" next season after warbs has had time to properly build the squad, I'd rather see the wee boy Thompson take his place.

When has Warbuton ever said he wants a tight lean squad? He describes our current squad as such but it that what he actually wants? You can still have a hungry squad without it being too bulky. I'm not going to be the one who puts it in to numbers but to me right now we are definitely lean. Injuries to key positions and we would have problems. Those are...

Entire back line. RB, LB and only 3 players who can fill the two CB slots.

If we're a 3 man midfield then we're fine here (assuming 433, not 451 or 4123 or 4321 or any other pish).

Again up front assuming a 3 man forward line we lack strength in depth. So much so I can't pick our strongest front three.

Not one? Each of those players with the exception of Nicky Clark has been part of a first eleven which has beaten Celtic on the park in a first team game.

The important part is squad. We need a squad, not just a starting eleven. All are capable of being squad players although I do have hopes that the real Nicky Law can emerge from Ally's reign.

I don't think we should instantly get rid. I think we should keep on merit and this season there has been arguments for every one of those players to stay; even the injury prone Templeton.

I'm not saying we will or we should keep them all, just that they each get a chance under Warburton to prove themselves. There have certainly been worse squad players to win titles with us than those mentioned.

Apart from that Celtic are shite. Utter shite. I genuinely want us to meet them in the Scottish cup this season. That's another post in itself!

Aye cause we did well last time we met a top flight team eh....

Some folk on here are delusional

Aye cause we did well last time we met a top flight team eh....

Some folk on here are delusional

In that game the scoreline severely flattered ST Johnstone. On another day we would have emerged victorious. I also think we've lost some of the nievity in our play since then. Chances will be that we'll play another top flight team again in the Scottish Cup in the coming months. Then we'll see where we are. I think some of the doom merchants on here will be pleasantly surprised.

Despite their current form, I'd let them all find new clubs; they are not good enough for where we want to be. Even in the top league, MW will want a lean(ish) squad so with improved investment in the team needed, these players won't get a game so are a waste of wages. If we expect to challenge for the tile when we go up then Shiels is too slow, Templeton is injury prone and Clark is just garbage. Law has played well this season and we can all see the last two results since he came back in to the team. That's still not good enough for the top league - we need far more quality in ever department so time to cut ties with some of these players.

Law has been a passenger for some time now. Since he's came back from injury though he has been playing well and keeping a place in the starting 11, if he continues to preform then I would offer him and extension. Shiels is a player I like, good when he comes off the bench and creative, think there is defiantly a place for him in the squad to give a bit of depth. Clark will run through a brick wall for you but I don't feel he has what it takes unfortunately. Templeton as we all know has been non existent and doesn't look as if he will play for us again. A player I liked before he came to us but hasn't fulfilled his potential unfortunately. A player I would happily see leave.