Welcome To Rangers Maciej Gostomski

RFCRobertson

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same as Forrester, to prove himself worthy of a longer term deal.

Reassuring that we are not sure. Potential fringe players as well. I was hoping for players who would walk into the team as what we currently have is not good enough to make a challenge next season.

Maciej Prodski Gostomski

Ahhhh. I knew there was a reason everyone was being pure dead nice and giving him a nice wee warm welcome.

Couldn't have been a Catholic. Mind the abuse we used to give Amoruso, Novo, Gattuso and Albertz?

Anyway, witamy w Ibrox, big yin!!

As we saw last season with Bell (against Falkirk Ii think) when he was injured colliding with a goalpost when making an important save he did not recover fully from the injury before coming back then there was a relapse. Relying on Simmonson from that point was a nightmare. So finding a hopefully competent experienced deputy to Wes looks like a good piece of shopping just in case a dip in form or injury happens to Wes. It's far too important a season not to have experienced goalkeeper cover.

2 signings both on 6 month contracts gives them an incentive to perform well to justify an extension. That looks like good business. And if, for some reason, we don't win promotion this season then its easier to offload players at the end of their contract term. So MH is really also hedging his bets - trader mentality still functioning it seems. Nothing inherently wrong with that - if players don't want to sign for what is effectively a 6 month paid trial period then they can choose not to and go elsehere.

Maybe this is the start of a new trend for Rangers - if you are not a player who is seen as long term investment potential then its either short term paid trials to prove worth or loan players brought in to do a job then return to parent club.

I imagine Kelly will be sent out on loan for some first team experience and this Polish boy will be back-up for Foderingham.

Bell will be en route out and rightly so. I liked Bell, but that goal he conceded at Fir Park was unforgivable. That wasn't the ball slipping through gloves or a fumble, that was like watching a orthopaedic shoe wearing, special needs case trying to play volleyball. Hands down, the worst thing I've ever seen a goalkeeper do.

It's amazing the number of Polish goalkeepers who come to Scotland.

I think this will see Bell punted and young Liam Kelly sent out for some valuable experience.

Warbs has kept LK in first team training so must rate the boy. Year out somewhere half decent will do him the world of good.

Potentially a shrewd piece of business by us.

Contract for 6 months on championship wages with the incentive of doing well and being awarded a contract based on how they perform.

This will also allow us the option to release them or award them a further contract on a Premier League salary if warranted.

Real incentive for the player(s) who sign for six months as the better they do and the better Rangers do, their chances of a contact on a higher salary increases.

Reassuring that we are not sure. Potential fringe players as well. I was hoping for players who would walk into the team as what we currently have is not good enough to make a challenge next season.

On what basis? Players can improve, they are not the set level of ability all the time. We have built this squad in one window and we are doing better than we could have wished for. Hearts have went up and look where they are, we are a far superior team this season than Hearts were last season. Don't say because we lost to St Johnstone, we were the better team that match but individual errors cost us and by that point St Johnstone just sat it to defend their lead. Hibs are probably better than most of the SPL teams as well, and we have dominated them twice this year comfortably and twice by a reasonable amount.

Why 6 months?

For the club, they get a chance to get a much better look at him during actual match situations to see whether a long term deal is worth it. For the player, they get a chance to train in the Spring at a fantastic training ground and earn a wage. For the player, they can also play themselves into a higher wage based on their individual performance as well as the success of the club (SPL or Europa League via a Cup win)

Potentially a shrewd piece of business by us.

Contract for 6 months on championship wages with the incentive of doing well and being awarded a contract based on how they perform.

This will also allow us the option to release them or award them a further contract on a Premier League salary if warranted.

Real incentive for the player(s) who sign for six months as the better they do and the better Rangers do, their chances of a contact on a higher salary increases.

Equally, it gives our existing goalkeepers the chance to try and prove they are better than him. Clever move by MW to stoke up competition.

Good height for a keeper these days at 6'5".

Saying that, Goram was the best I have ever seen and he was only about 5'9".

Andy also wiped everyone out of the way when he needed to even allowing for his lack of height.

Anyway welcome to Rangers, Maciej

Hopefully better than Wes. Not that I don't rate him but we should always be looking for better in every position.

Would hate to think he's coming in to settle for being a backup. That always irritated me about Neil Alexander. Nothing worse than a footballer that's content with not getting game time.

How did we manage to find a Polish Protestant?

I think we have ditched the no kafflick signing policy mate,sure i seen wee Zelalem blessing himself as he ran onto the pitch yesterday.

Anyways,welcome to the club Maciej,hopefully get to see you play in a game (possibly in cup vs Cowdenbeath?).

This will be the end for Bell,watching him in that Christmas video explains his efforts at Fir park.

Shame because on his day he was a good keeper.

Good to have backup but GK wasn't an area I had any concerns over... Hopefully this isn't the end of the January signings. Warbs has said "2 or 3" and "1 or 2" in the past so are we only expecting one more to come in?