Rangers Confirm Pre-Contract Signings Of Crooks & Windass.

No ideas on the technicalities but that Simunoprick or whatever his name was the tims signed was claimed to be £3.5m but the transfer was apparently 1.9m and the rest in wages, over a 5 year deal.

Really? That works out at around £7k a week, not much for a £2million player. The way people talked on here I thought they were spending silly money.

Really? That works out at around £7k a week, not much for a £2million player. The way people talked on here I thought they were spending silly money.

These figures are for 2014 and I reckon in Scotland it'll be a good bit less now. They've downsized massively IMO but its a bit of guesswork to be honest.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/11/15/1416054063725_wps_10_NEW_WAGES_income_jpg.jpg

I'd imagine the fees we are offering are incentive based on our successes - Probs £200k upfront with 100ks for achievements (league win, europe, etc)

probably mate.

I understand the waiting till january route, and paying minimal compensation however..... If we shell out a bit of cash just now to bring them in, they MIGHT just be the difference in the Scottish cup. We win that ( or get to the final against someone who has already got a spot) then we could be in Europe next season.

I reckon it's worth a small financial gamble at the chance of that type of action next season.

probably mate.

I understand the waiting till january route, and paying minimal compensation however..... If we shell out a bit of cash just now to bring them in, they MIGHT just be the difference in the Scottish cup. We win that ( or get to the final against someone who has already got a spot) then we could be in Europe next season.

I reckon it's worth a small financial gamble at the chance of that type of action next season.

Only the Scottish cup winners get a place in Europe. It's passed to the highest league place if a European qualified side wins it

Only the Scottish cup winners get a place in Europe. It's passed to the highest league place if a European qualified side wins it

DIdn't realise that, is it a new thing due to our co-efficient?

Well we could still win it :)

Didn't they say Van Dijk was on 10k at sellic? Didn't think that was much for a guy signed for a substantial fee from Feyenoord either.

If so, it shows what's possible.

According to someone on Accringtons forum or whatever the fuck it is, they were speaking to the big Holt guy, and he said "Rangers are out of order" because we said its a done deal. At no point have we said that, we haven't said anything about it at all. If anything, he is out of order for his tweets about us talking to them.

BBC saying we won't be getting them til the summer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35239440

_87481474_gettyimages-502717946.jpg

6 January 2016Last updated at 16:49

Rangers: Josh Windass and Matt Crooks undergo medicals

Josh Windass and Matt Crooks have undergone medicals at Rangers but are not expected to join the Ibrox club until the summer.

The Accrington Stanley midfielders, both 21, have agreed terms with the Scottish Championship leaders.

Stanley, who are seventh in League Two in England, would be due compensation should the pair leave at the end of their current contracts.

Windass has been with Stanley since 2013 while Crooks joined last year.

_87481478_gettyimages-502718732.jpg

Crooks (left) has played in defence and up front as well as in midfield

Son of former Aberdeen and Hull City striker Dean, Windass joined Accrington from Northern Premier League outfit Harrogate Railway Athletic.

He was recently reported to be a target for Arsenal and has rejected theoffer of a new contract from his present club.

Like Windass, who has netted 11 goals this season, Crooks came through the youth ranks at Huddersfield Town and made the switch to Accrington permanent in February after a loan spell.

Crooks, who can also play in defence and attack, had previous loan spells with Halifax Town, Radcliffe Borough and Hartlepool United.

Accrington majority shareholder Andy Holt confirmed on Monday that Rangers were in talks with Crooks and Windass.

Rangers are currently three points clear at the top of the Scottish Championship.