Rangers Confirm Pre-Contract Signings Of Crooks & Windass.

Outside of Arsenal, who else were these two linked with potentially?

Barcelona and real Madrid. Much like Steven fletcher when at hibs the taigs and real Madrid wanted him so he ended up at Burnley.

Seriously the arsenal were willing to pay 1million for him according to reports

Would they be players with the experience, skill, and hunger that would make a decisive positive difference in winning promotion this season? If they are, they why - if King and the Board have made funds available - are they not signed up to play straight away? Is it tactical - get them signed on pre-contracts in the hope that a deal can be done to bring them in during January instead of waiting 'til summer? If we wait until summer but don't win promotion this season I imagine that many would not be best pleased - King included since he'd have them on the books for 4 more years and the chance to make a difference in this vital season would be lost.

I know there is a solid expectation that the squad is good enough to win promotion this season. And that's probably a very correct assessment. The thing is and the unknown is - will they have the mental strength to handle the pressure of a fight to the finish with the stakes being so high? I don't know. But if MW had previously said that he was looking to bring in 2 or 3 players with experience and strength (I think these were the words he used) then so far 2 signings don't exactly seem to fit that bill and 2 for summer certainly don't if they don't arrive until summer. So does that then mean that King still has money available for January signings (signing on fee and not just wages) and that MW still looks to bring in that experience and strength that will be likely to make that decisive difference in winning promotion?

I'm not saying the signings so far are not the right sort of players - I don't know enough about them and haven't seen them play - but I do think we need to add more experience and quality now (defensive midfield and striker) so that when we look back in May we can see that those signed in Jan were of a calibre that made the decisive difference and are likely to make a further difference next season. So, still a few more with more experience and quality to be signed in Jan, King having got his cheque book out?

I know that, but all we are doing is buying good publicity in my mind. You never know, it might make the powers that be look at the rules and perhaps change them - which given our philosophy now would protect us and benefit us in the future. Just a thought.

A little good will goes a long way.

Barcelona and real Madrid. Much like Steven fletcher when at hibs the taigs and real Madrid wanted him so he ended up at Burnley.

With the issues that Manchester United has had this season at the forward position, I'm sure surprised they didn't offer 2 million ...

I see where you are coming from but no need; we struggled to get that for Jelavic having paid that amount for him.

Windass would have to have 2 solid and successful (from a personal perspective i.e. 25goals+) seasons; in the top division, to attract interest amounting to £3.5M+.

By that time we obviously could have offered and signed upon improved terms.

If anyone is willing to pay £3.5M prior to that then I think we'd be doing exceptionally well for a free that is here a short time.

Ye know Tierneys worth £5m already and hes played 8 games :pipe:

Here's the Arsenal story with quotes from the Accrington Manager.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/accrington-stanley-boss-coleman-fires-message-at-arsenal-over-windass-4104053?utm_source=hootsuite

Wrong article. It says a Arsenal scout was at the game to watch no one in particular and doesn't mention a 1millliom quid bid or offer

Warburton presser tomorrow I take it? I wonder if he'll be accused of being immoral about these deals cause everyone has caused a fuss.

For crying out loud....we sent an email to the club secretary and told her in advance that the tanks were being parked on their lawn....