Rangers Confirm Pre-Contract Signings Of Crooks & Windass.

I wonder if Crooks has been brought in as a holding midfielder or a centre back?

Will be interesting to see.

Well hes been playing midfield since he joined Accrington, so I'd imagine that's where he will play for us.

Interesting wee piece from Ibrox Noise:

You'll be stunned by new Rangers signing's release clause
With Rangers securing Accrington Stanley duo Josh Windass and Matt Crooks this evening on a four-year pre-contract, the Press Association’s Andy Newport has claimed the contract, in Windass’ case, has been compiled with a £3.5M release clause.

The deal, due to formally begin this summer, will involve a minimal training fee outlay, unless Rangers fork out a modest six-figure sum to secure the players now, but it is Newport’s understanding that Windass’ contract includes aforementioned multi-million buyout clause.

He said:

“I understand Josh Windass’ Rangers deal has a £3.5M buyout deal.”

Newport is usually pretty on the money with his sources, and this would verify the new efficiency with which Rangers are being run under the new board and new management, and the notion of Rangers profiting to the tune of roughly £4M if Windass does well and is wanted by teams in bigger leagues down south is pleasing for club protection.

Interesting wee piece from Ibrox Noise:

They appear to have difficulty with arithmetic. £3.5 million buyout clause, minus development fee or January transfer fee, does not equal £4 million. We have also had buyout clauses in contracts since the David Murray days.

I'm really struggling to decide where to place Crooks. According to Clyde and BBC hes a CB. Hes played as CDM for AS and thats a position of ours that needs strengthening so I can only imagine thats where he will play. Just shows the amount of research these mhedia outlets actually use.

The papers today are also saying AS have rejected the 400k for both and want more. I find that extremely hard to believe they would reject that an be happy with 60k in the summer.

Very pleased at the signings, hope they’ll be here this month but getting two highly rated young players for peanuts in the summer would be fine also.

As for the release clause – don’t have a problem with it, as long as we make a profit then that’s the main thing.

My only issue with the release clause, if it is indeed true, is that I feel it should be higher. We've watched the scum punt donkeys for nigh on £10mill and if Windass does turn out to be a proper gem I'd hate to think we'd lose him for £3.5mill when we could potentially secure double that for him

My only issue with the release clause, if it is indeed true, is that I feel it should be higher. We've watched the scum punt donkeys for nigh on £10mill and if Windass does turn out to be a proper gem I'd hate to think we'd lose him for £3.5mill when we could potentially secure double that for him

Perhaps it was his agent who insisted on it being so low, to avoid scaring off other clubs should he/they get a chance to grow his income.

Anyone see the Daily Record interview with his old man, headline "my son will be the new Gazza". Story, he mentions that he likes the number 8 jersey, and that his hero was Gazza. That it. Why the need for the bullshit headlines.

Perhaps it was his agent who insisted on it being so low, to avoid scaring off other clubs should he/they get a chance to grow his income.

Almost certainly Oleg. His old man being an old pro may have also had some input.

The problem with that, is it makes it more difficult for people to criticise the club.

Some of his tweets are quite mental, trying to have a go at Rangers as a club....

in fairness he is a lifelong supporter of AC and probably sees some of his best players going for nothing - if that was us it would annoy me. Thats what he should be moaning about rather than starting on about our class as a club which is immaterial. The taigs are stepping in as well to give him some ammo.

It does show the fallout from the bad press we have had in recent years though - people see us as the big bad Rangers that dont pay our debts. I am hoping that when its proven that the club was the victim of criminal fraud by a few malcontents, rather that it being indicative of Rangers, that some rational perspective will come into play.

Judging by the way the tims jump on any twitter comment about us though, thats not going to be easy.

in fairness he is a lifelong supporter of AC and probably sees some of his best players going for nothing - if that was us it would annoy me. Thats what he should be moaning about rather than starting on about our class as a club which is immaterial. The taigs are stepping in as well to give him some ammo.

It does show the fallout from the bad press we have had in recent years though - people see us as the big bad Rangers that dont pay our debts. I am hoping that when its proven that the club was the victim of criminal fraud by a few malcontents, rather that it being indicative of Rangers, that some rational perspective will come into play.

Judging by the way the tims jump on any twitter comment about us though, thats not going to be easy.

flying-pig.jpg

Of course it is annoying, we witnessed the fallout from the like of Naismith etc leaving us for nothing that is fine in my books.

The part that is more annoying(if that's the right word)is that it's portrayed by him as a Rangers issue, it's not like Bosman is a new thing....

Any story online you will see 5/10 taig comments before a Rangers fan has said something. On the Scotsman for example thee was a story about them which had 2 comments on it and the Windass/Crooks story had 74 on in mostly by them.

Let's hope that once the trials are over that those out with the bubble of Scotland see things for what they really are.

Why are people greeting about the release clause?

The signings of Templeton,Kyle,Sandaza etc worked out well for us didn't they?

Tits.

Not sure what your point is there.

Nobody's greeting either.

Anyone see the Daily Record interview with his old man, headline "my son will be the new Gazza". Story, he mentions that he likes the number 8 jersey, and that his hero was Gazza. That it. Why the need for the bullshit headlines.

His Instagram info says Josh Windass 10..

The scum press need to build him up so they can enjoy kicking him down.