A Year From Now

MisterC

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Rangers fan I expected us to get promoted last year, I expected us to beat St Johnstone in the cup and I expected us to be more than 3 points clear at the top come new year. None of that happened and there comes a point when you have to look at the squad and be realistic. Would I be happy with finishing top 3 in the prem next season? No but the OP didn't ask where we want Rangers to be he asked where we think they will be. Lets see what this transfer window and the summer bring but at the moment this squad will not win the prem next season.

See if you lose that expectation, and the thousands of others do, we just become another club. Don't ever lose that expectation. Ever.

Rangers to be 7 points clear after a new year win at Ibrox. 2 convincing old firm wins and look to be steamrolling teams. Deila to be sacked the day after the new year win. Taigs appoint Lennon.

Expecting Us to be leading the pack and the taigs, sheep and hearts fighting with each other for second.

As for next season's off the park expectations - Im expecting roughly 5/6 players in.

Talking maybe 2.5 million on transfer fees and roughly the same on wages (over the year).

That won't get us where we need to be IMO mate

We need 4 or 5x 2.5 million rated players in the moulds of Davis, Mendes, Bougherra, Cuellar etc (the sort of player and prices we paid for them)

We need 4 or 5x 2.5 million rated players in the moulds of Davis, Mendes, Bougherra, Cuellar etc (the sort of player and prices we paid for them)

I don't think we need it.

Maybe when the taigs had hooper, van dijk, wanayama etc and we had Daly, Black and Moshni. There's not a big gap between the top of the championship and the 'premier league'.

I think the squad we have now (after you take away the loans) add 5/6 players within the 500k-1M bracket we are more than capable of winning the league.

We could really be doing with landing a celtic or Aberdeen in the cup to see where we really are.

See if you lose that expectation, and the thousands of others do, we just become another club. Don't ever lose that expectation. Ever.

Its not losing expectation that will make Rangers just any other club, its the toleration of mediocrity that will make Rangers just another club. The reality is that our squad in its current state is not good enough to top the prem next year. Our defence gets ripped apart pretty much every game, our saving grace is the dross we are up against in this league rarely punishes us. Can you seriously see our back four being good enough for the top flight? You couldn't even discuss things that weren't going right during our slump without being accused of being a taig on here.

I don't think we need it.

Maybe when the taigs had hooper, van dijk, wanayama etc and we had Daly, Black and Moshni. There's not a big gap between the top of the championship and the 'premier league'.

I think the squad we have now (after you take away the loans) add 5/6 players within the 500k-1M bracket we are more than capable of winning the league.

We could really be doing with landing a celtic or Aberdeen in the cup to see where we really are.

I disagree mate, I think that's hugely optimistic but agree to disagree

No we don't. You're saying we need to spend 12-15m to win the SPL? Haha giving cellic far too much credit.

No we don't. You're saying we need to spend 12-15m to win the SPL? Haha giving cellic far too much credit.

To be assured of our title and getting into the Champions League then I'd say 15 million for maybe 4/5 top players then yeah that's what I think it will take

You (and some others) might say I'm giving Celtic far too much credit but in return I think some of you hugely over-estimate where we are and under estimate what we still need.

Aberdeen or Hearts would beat us if they played us tomorrow - not that I like the idea.

Happy New Year Mister C. I see no one else bothered :pipe:

It all depends on the squad we have next season. I think everyone must/probably realises that our defence is fine for this league.....but will more than likely get ripped apart by the top 6 teams in the premiership. I expect any Rangers team to win every single game we play....that's a given. We will need to vastly improve the defence, and one or two other key positions to be in the top 4 next season imo.

Happy New Year Mister C. I see no one else bothered :pipe:

It all depends on the squad we have next season. I think everyone must/probably realises that our defence is fine for this league.....but will more than likely get ripped apart by the top 6 teams in the premiership. I expect any Rangers team to win every single game we play....that's a given. We will need to vastly improve the defence, and one or two other key positions to be in the top 4 next season imo.

Thank you, kind sir ;):pipe:

What is guaranteed is that every team we play will be right up for humping us the first time we meet. Think Aberdeen and Dundee hivs. They hate us and will want to destroy us. I really hope the first old firm is at Ibrox. Sellic park will be a horrible place on our first visit there.

Once everyone has had their first kick at us, we will kick on and finish second. The players will need us more than they ever have next season.

To be assured of our title and getting into the Champions League then I'd say 15 million for maybe 4/5 top players then yeah that's what I think it will take

You (and some others) might say I'm giving Celtic far too much credit but in return I think some of you hugely over-estimate where we are and under estimate what we still need.

Aberdeen or Hearts would beat us if they played us tomorrow - not that I like the idea.

Going out and spending 15 million doesn't 'assure' us of anything.

Aberdeen and Hearts may well beat us if we were to play them tomorrow,just as a Falkirk or hibs may well beat us if we were to play them tomorrow...over the course of a season though I'm pretty certain we'll come out on top.

We need 3 or 4 clever signings for next year.