A Year From Now

MisterC

First of all may I wish you all a happy new year, here's hoping for a great 2016.

Which brings me on to the point of this thread - where do you see us this time next year?

I see us in the top flight, needless to say but having a settling in period with a few iffy results. Still in amongst it all but not quite there ruling the roost.

A few bad results including one against them but with signs showing that things will get better.

Off the park there will be a few shit storms but there will be indicators pointing the way out of the woods.

Thoughts?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we don't win the league MW can piss off and Ally can come back.

Seriously I think we'll have some results that will put the RM drama queens in full meltdown mode but will eventually end up in the top three. Hopefully we will continue to play attractive football and will build towards winning the league the following season.

The only thing guaranteed is that there will be arguments and moaning on RM!

On the pitch I think it's dependent on close season recruitment. But I see us playing the best football in the top league but dropping a good few points. Unfortunately don't see us being champions next season.

I think the first half of the season back in the top flight will be bumpy, kicking on in the second half to top three finish. MW will have had 2 more Transfer windows and we really should be kicking on then to hump the smellies and take our place back at the top the season after.

It's an interesting question but it depends on the levels of investment

I think there's gems to be had in the English lower leagues and Warburton has it well covered but I think it's unrealistic to expect to pluck all our players there as unearthed gems and turn them into the best team in Scotland, win the top flight and get to the Champions League

Nothing is impossible but it's s big ask - I think the levels of investment will need stepped up - over to you Mr King (not a thinely veiled dig before anyone starts)

It's an interesting question but it depends on the levels of investment

I think there's gems to be had in the English lower leagues and Warburton has it well covered but I think it's unrealistic to expect to pluck all our players there as unearthed gems and turn them into the best team in Scotland, win the top flight and get to the Champions League

Nothing is impossible but it's s big ask - I think the levels of investment will need stepped up - over to you Mr King (not a thinely veiled dig before anyone starts)

Investment is key and I have faith that Warburton will spend the money wisely unlike McCoist who pissed so much money up against a wall.

We should be aiming to be top.

We'll need to bring in experience though, your not gonna win the spfl with as young a side as we have. Couple of older heads, preferably with a bit of premier league experience (think weir and dailey when Walter came back), and we should be up there

See all this 3rd or 4th pish. Fuck off you support Rangers no Hearts.

When I had Facebook used to check those Hidious fan pages run by wee teenage handwringers and virgins and shit you not had "fans" saying things like it didn't matter to them if we never won a league again because we still have a club to support and Super Ally in charge after everything he's done

Aiming for 4th and 5th reminds me of that shite

There's no reason, none at all (with some investment) why we can't win our title back right away

2012 done some right funny things to our support

We're not going up there to be bit-part players.

King has to find a way of bringing investment to the club and to bring in a better level of player capable of mounting a genuine title challenge.

Anyone that thinks we're going up there to pussy about simply hasn't been paying attention. We'll be at it from the first kick of the ball.

See all this 3rd or 4th pish. Fuck off you support Rangers no Hearts.

As a Rangers fan I expected us to get promoted last year, I expected us to beat St Johnstone in the cup and I expected us to be more than 3 points clear at the top come new year. None of that happened and there comes a point when you have to look at the squad and be realistic. Would I be happy with finishing top 3 in the prem next season? No but the OP didn't ask where we want Rangers to be he asked where we think they will be. Lets see what this transfer window and the summer bring but at the moment this squad will not win the prem next season.