Crooks Agrees Terms

Ace

http://bbc.in/1O9mgOm

Josh Windass and Matt Crooks have agreed outline terms with Rangers with a view to pre-contract deals, BBC Scotland has learned.

The midfielders are currently with Accrington Stanley but are out of contract at the end of the season.

The proposed deals would be subject to medicals as well as compensation fees with both players aged 21.

Windass has been with Accrington since 2013 while Crooks joined the English League Two club last year.

Accrington Stanley utility man Matt Crooks (left) in action against Northampton Town

Crooks (left) has played in defence and up front as well as in midfield

Son of former Aberdeen and Hull City striker Dean, Windass joined Accrington from Northern Premier League outfit Harrogate Railway Athletic.

He was recently reported to be a target for Arsenal and has rejected the offer of a new contract from his present club.

Like Windass, who has netted 11 goals this season, Crooks came through the youth ranks at Huddersfield Town and made the switch to Accrington permanent in February after a loan spell.

Crooks, who can also play in defence and attack, had previous loan spells with Halifax Town, Radcliffe Borough and Hartlepool United.

Accrington majority shareholder Andy Holt confirmed on Monday that Rangers were in talks with Crooks and Windass.

Rangers are currently three points clear at the top of the Scottish Championship

Have to admit I have absolutley no idea who these boys are, but it is a big positive that we know who we want and have put the work in beforehand. Not the usual manic crap in the last week.

So you don't miss sandaza, Fran Stella, cribiari?

Are you even a Rangers fan

So you don't miss sandaza, Fran Stella, cribiari?

Are you even a Rangers fan

When I read the headline that Rangers were interested in Windass. my first thought was that Ally was back as the gaffer :anguish: I had never heard of young Windass (or Crooks either) so it will be a tester to see how good the judgement of McParland is as head scout.

On the subject of Francesco Stella, I have noticed he has signed a short term contract until the end of the season with Central Coast Mariners in the A-League, which to me is a very strange signing by Tony Walmsely considering Stella has done absolutely fuck all since being jettisoned by us in 2013.

There's a good wee piece in the Lancashire Telegraph from back in August about Crooks and his personal life floating around twitter. Not able to post just now but will post later unless someone else is able to find and copy it.

Seems a very strong character. Also close mates with Kal Naismith who you would think may have been a key factor in selling him to us, not that he would really need to though. The club sells itself....

There's a good wee piece in the Lancashire Telegraph from back in August about Crooks and his personal life floating around twitter. Not able to post just now but will post later unless someone else is able to find and copy it.

Seems a very strong character. Also close mates with Kal Naismith who you would think may have been a key factor in selling him to us, not that he would really need to though. The club sells itself....

This one? Seems an impressive character.

http://m.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/13599452.Accrington_Stanley_star_Crooks_has_dealt_with_bigger_problems_than_his_cup_misery/

Yeah mate. Seems a grounded, sensible and impressive young man who's already faced and overcome some big obstacles in his personal life.