Spfl Board To Discuss Sectarian Chanting

eskbankloyal

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The current SPFL Board is made up of Neil Doncaster (CEO), Ralph Topping (Chairman), Eric Riley (Celtic), Stephen Thompson (Dundee United), Duncan Fraser (Aberdeen), Eric Drysdale (Raith Rovers), Mike Mulraney (Alloa Athletic) and Ken Ferguson (Brechin City).

How the fuck are reps from diddy teams like RR, Brechin and Alloa on the board, seriously ?

Aye but thats 'illicit chanting' remember, not sectarian chanting. The tims PR machine was in full spin with that one.

God fobid the SPFL have to smack the bums of their poster boys, the defenders of truth and justice in the world, the shining light of Scotland.

Arseholes the lot of them mate

Couldn't have put it better myself (tu)

Rangers have also been fined by European governing body Uefa relating to offensive chanting in European matches.

Is this statement true?

I'm sure I read on here that we weren't fined for that but something else.

Still happy it wasn't some other club if true.

28th april 2011

Uefa fines Rangers and bans fans for one away game

Uefa has fined Rangers 40,000 euros (£35,652) and banned its fans from the next away European game for sectarian singing in a match at PSV Eindhoven.

At a hearing in Nyon, Switzerland, Uefa also gave Rangers a suspended ban on its fans for a second away game for a probationary period of three years. Uefa also issued a suspended punishment for fans' behaviour at the Ibrox leg. It will fine Rangers a further 40,000 euros and close Ibrox for one match if fans misbehave in the next three years.

its worth noting this though:

Rangers chief executive Martin Bain was "astounded" after UEFA added the case to an identical charge over the first leg.

Bain disclosed that both charges had been prompted by evidence from the fan-led Football Against Racism in Europe organisation despite no problems being flagged up by UEFA's official delegate.

28th april 2011

Uefa has fined Rangers 40,000 euros (£35,652) and banned its fans from the next away European game for sectarian singing in a match at PSV Eindhoven.

At a hearing in Nyon, Switzerland, Uefa also gave Rangers a suspended ban on its fans for a second away game for a probationary period of three years. Uefa also issued a suspended punishment for fans' behaviour at the Ibrox leg. It will fine Rangers a further 40,000 euros and close Ibrox for one match if fans misbehave in the next three years.

Rangers chief executive Martin Bain was "astounded" after UEFA added the case to an identical charge over the first leg.

Bain disclosed that both charges had been prompted by evidence from the fan-led Football Against Racism in Europe organisation despite no problems being flagged up by UEFA's official delegate.

Cheers for putting me straight, it must have been something else.

Still I'm glad it wasn't that other club that the scum insist we are, can't have it both ways :)

where is the official rangers statement asking why the spfl board did not discuss the sectarian chants, from the filth, in the hearts match days before

come on now paul, find your voice

the rst would do well to ask paul when the fuck he is going to [publically ask the spfl that very question

28th april 2011

Aaaah F.A.R.E. Another Rangers hating scum organisation. I'd forgotten about them,are they still active?

where is the official rangers statement asking why the spfl board did not discuss the sectarian chants, from the filth, in the hearts match days before

come on now paul, find your voice

the rst would do well to ask paul when the fuck he is going to [publically ask the spfl that very question

This is part of the problem,Rangers boards for years now have bent the knee to the IRA sympathizers and their accomplices in the media and hung their own support out to dry.

I don't think it's unreasonable for our board to point out the inconsistencies of those pointing the finger at us and reveal the massive hypocrisy that they indulge in.

Aaaah F.A.R.E. Another Rangers hating scum organisation. I'd forgotten about them,are they still active?

Bain said in a statement: "In terms of the UEFA case brought against us, we have had serious concerns about the integrity of the evidence compiled by the FARE organisation and that remains the case. We are also of the opinion that FARE has been influenced by people who make it their business to damage our club in any way they can."

not heard much other than this latest stuff - assuming its the same bods...

The number of racist displays by Russian football fans has doubled in the country which will host the World Cup in 2018, with most cases going unpunished, anti-discrimination campaigners say.

Researchers from the Moscow-based SOVA Center and the UEFA-affiliated FARE Network logged 92 incidents of discriminatory displays and chants by Russian fans in and around stadiums in the 2014-15 season, against a total of 83 for the previous two seasons put together.

This is part of the problem,Rangers boards for years now have bent the knee to the IRA sympathizers and their accomplices in the media and hung their own support out to dry.

I don't think it's unreasonable for our board to point out the inconsistencies of those pointing the finger at us and reveal the massive hypocrisy that they indulge in.

What will that achieve?

If the Scottish media and Scottish football is run be ira sympathisers then they aren't going to go, "they have a point", are they?

What will that achieve?

If the Scottish media and Scottish football is run be ira sympathisers then they aren't going to go, "they have a point", are they?

The IRA sympathisers I refer to are those in green and white that set the agenda with the media usually after we've won a big game.

3 Premiership teams, two championship teams and one for the rest. Tries to ensure everyone's interests are represented and not just the big boys.

be interesting if DU go down - then it will be 2 prem teams, 2 champ teams and one for the rest. The effective veto the Prem has is gone.

be interesting if DU go down - then it will be 2 prem teams, 2 champ teams and one for the rest. The effective veto the Prem has is gone.

United will just lose their seat. Another PL team will take their place. The most sellick-minded team, I expect.

As mentioned by others, the club need to insist this discussion is about all teams and all offensive chants or none at all. All this picking and choosing is nonsense.

This topic is regularly discussed on here, the board's minority was actually a majority and it is no understatement to say that millions of our fans have sang the songs over the decades.

Many points have been made but a major omission has been the lack of a dialogue between the authorities, the club and the matchday support. Not the nodding dog so-called fans reps but the rank and file season and match day ticket supporters who were only too aware of the consequences when singing last Monday.

I take it from the Board's statement that they have no problem if those singing are identified by police, remember they are going to help them identify the culprits, and are subsequently banned.

Now we know they supported last season's boycott but if all of the singers are identified you are probably talking 30,000 not being allowed to attend matches.

It is staggering that they want to build bridges with our enemies and burn them with a large number of our support.

It is the Board's duty to liase with the fans, establish the reasons why tens of thousands defy the law of the land and then take the issue forward with the football and other authorities and get the various views and opinions discussed and debated with representation made to the SNP rulers of Scotland.

My recollection is more fans were singing last Monday than were not and the only sections not joining in were the two dugouts, the directors box and the away fans.

As far as I am aware not one person was physically hurt by the words of any of the songs and the end result was to create the best atmosphere at any match played in Scotland this season.

Also to my knowledge none of the nasty singers committed any acts of violence after the match.

Perhaps some of our police and politicians should attend matches in other countries where physical violence, including killings, is a regular event. I'm sure these countries would love it if all they had to worry about were supposedly offensive words/lyrics, most of which the offended can't make out and only become offended when informed about them.