Spfl Board To Discuss Sectarian Chanting

eskbankloyal

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've decided that when TBB starts I'm going to video it on my phone whilst singing my wee lungs out singing :

Hello, hello we are the Rangers Boys

Hello, hello you'll know us by our noise

We're up to our knees in big trophies

Surrender or you'll die

For we are the larky Derry boys.

The only voice that will be heard singing will be mine and then I'll have my video evidence that not one sectarian chant left my lips! :D

This topic is regularly discussed on here, the board's minority was actually a majority and it is no understatement to say that millions of our fans have sang the songs over the decades.

Many points have been made but a major omission has been the lack of a dialogue between the authorities, the club and the matchday support. Not the nodding dog so-called fans reps but the rank and file season and match day ticket supporters who were only too aware of the consequences when singing last Monday.

I take it from the Board's statement that they have no problem if those singing are identified by police, remember they are going to help them identify the culprits, and are subsequently banned.

Now we know they supported last season's boycott but if all of the singers are identified you are probably talking 30,000 not being allowed to attend matches.

It is staggering that they want to build bridges with our enemies and burn them with a large number of our support.

It is the Board's duty to liase with the fans, establish the reasons why tens of thousands defy the law of the land and then take the issue forward with the football and other authorities and get the various views and opinions discussed and debated with representation made to the SNP rulers of Scotland.

My recollection is more fans were singing last Monday than were not and the only sections not joining in were the two dugouts, the directors box and the away fans.

As far as I am aware not one person was physically hurt by the words of any of the songs and the end result was to create the best atmosphere at any match played in Scotland this season.

Also to my knowledge none of the nasty singers committed any acts of violence after the match.

Perhaps some of our police and politicians should attend matches in other countries where physical violence, including killings, is a regular event. I'm sure these countries would love it if all they had to worry about were supposedly offensive words/lyrics, most of which the offended can't make out and only become offended when informed about them.

Thats a great post

"There is also the assertion that "Billy Boys" is a sectarian phrase, believe it or not.​"

Then we must be one step ahead of the vermin and sing " Rangers boys ". Between that and the line " Sing the Sash and Derrys Walls and the whole song is sanitised.

Sectarian singing heard during Rangers' match against Hibernian at Ibrox is to be discussed by the Scottish Professional Football League board.

Chanting from sections of the home support made up part of the league delegate's report from the Scottish Championship game on 28 December.

And the matter will be discussed at a meeting on 19 January.

However, the BBC understands it is unlikely that action will be taken because of current league rules.

Sectarian singing has featured in a number of domestic delegate reports in recent years.

But the club has provided the league with evidence that they were doing everything in their power to prevent such behaviour.

Rangers have also been fined by European governing body Uefa relating to offensive chanting in European matches.

It has led to calls for a rule change within the Scottish game in a bid to tackle the problem.

Following the match against Hibs, which Rangers won 4-2, the Glasgow club issued a website statement condemning fans who took part in what they described as "inappropriate singing".

Rangers stressed that it was a minority of fans involved and said would assist Police Scotland in identifying the culprits.

Uefa fined Rangers in 2006 and ordered the club to make a public announcement at each of their home games pointing out that the chanting of the Billy Boys was banned after it was heard during a Champions League match against Villarreal.

II I watched the Dundee, Dundee United game and the Dundee fans were giving it laldy, only they were " up to their knees in arab blood". No mention in any media outlet.

Not sectarian; just glorifying a razor gang. We could get round that by singing "We are King Billy's Boys".

They're actually classifying it as sectarian because the razor gang targeted catholics, supposedly, not just because their targets were from rival gangs, which just happened to be full of catholics because of where they lived.

Apparently being in a gang only consisting of catholic members was not sectarian but fighting with them was <cr> . Sound familiar ;) ? On the back of that reasoning, we should be requesting that they ban the term "Tim" as being sectarian.

This is part of the problem,Rangers boards for years now have bent the knee to the IRA sympathizers and their accomplices in the media and hung their own support out to dry.

I don't think it's unreasonable for our board to point out the inconsistencies of those pointing the finger at us and reveal the massive hypocrisy that they indulge in.

This should be done IMO. (tu)

II I watched the Dundee, Dundee United game and the Dundee fans were giving it laldy, only they were " up to their knees in arab blood". No mention in any media outlet.

I heard this also, wasn't loud enough for me to make out what they were saying.

We could have 40k singing a sanitised version 50 singing the original version and as a support we would still be accused of being offensive

That's because we are fighting IS just now. You are allowed to be up to your knees in Arab blood.

Whats with all the Rangers boys pish, the song is The Billy Boys....QPR sing The Rangers boys and it sounds shit...

One line needs changed not the full fucking song, Change 'up to our knees' line to we'll sing the sash and Derrys walls, belt it out and the fuckers can't touch it. Any more changes and the song loses it's thunder.

The UB already sing another song with the line 'we are the Billy boys, you'll know us by our noise' and nobody has any issues with it

Whats with all the Rangers boys pish, the songs is The Billy Boys....QPR sing the Rangers boys and it sounds shit...

One line needs changed not the full fucking song, Change 'up to our knees' line to we'll sing the sash and Derrys walls, belt it out and the fuckers can't touch it. Any more changes and the song loses it's thunder.

The UB already sing another song with the line 'we are the Billy boys, you'll know us by our noise' and nobody has any issues with it

The PF has specifically mentioned TBB as glorifying a razor gang. Thats why some are changing it from The Billy Boys.

The fact is they hate it because they have nothing to match it and want it gone. Everything else is just an excuse, they'll never stop.

The PF has specifically mentioned TBB as glorifying a razor gang. Thats why some are changing it from The Billy Boys.

The fact is they hate it because they have nothing to match it and want it gone. Everything else is just an excuse, they'll never stop.

The PF has got that part massively wrong and needs to forget the personal agenda and live in the present day. I have no fear of getting a convict by singing the billy boys at Ibrox missing the offended line. I would put my job and house on it.

If the tims can change the meaning of the F word then we can sure as hell change the meaning of Billy boys to mean Rangers fans. No one gives a Fuck about a razor gang anymore, so why would it still mean that?

only arseholes with an agenda think that and this point needs defended to the hilt.