Queen Of The South

The Owl

Good evening all,

Myself and a few workmates are making our first trip to Ibrox on Easter Saturday so I just want to know a bit of information for you all;

1, When will tickets go on sale?

2, Where's best for us to sit/stand?

3, Where's best to drink pre and post match?

Cheers all, Owl

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck knows about the tickets but you need to give more details about what you're looking for to answer 2 and 3.

We want to be somewhere that there's a good atmosphere for both. Hoping to get in somewhere near the away end but I don't know the names of stands and stuff like that

Tickets will be on sale a couple of weeks before the game.

For a first visit I would try and get seats in the Main Stand because if you dont you will be looking at it saying that looks fecking great and I wonder what its like to sit in there.

As for pubs the Wee Rangers is probably best for a first visit. Post match it depends so you could walk down to The District then go overto Partick. Louden might be of interest but its to busy for me.

2. Probably better sitting or standing at Ibrox as that's where the game is and will offer you the best view.

3. The Polo Lounge is your best bet and there is normally sausage on offer pre and post match.

Nothing but self promotion here. BBB serves the sausage.

Tickets will be on sale a couple of weeks before the game.

For a first visit I would try and get seats in the Main Stand because if you dont you will be looking at it saying that looks fecking great and I wonder what its like to sit in there.

As for pubs the Wee Rangers is probably best for a first visit. Post match it depends so you could walk down to The District then go overto Partick. Louden might be of interest but its to busy for me.

Cheers mate. Will bear that in mind when it comes to the weekend and booking tickets

Also, we're staying for the weekend, does anyone where's the best places to go on a Friday/Saturday night?

We want to be somewhere that there's a good atmosphere for both. Hoping to get in somewhere near the away end but I don't know the names of stands and stuff like that

Broomloan Front Area 1 is where the 'group' that stand are - it's behind the goal. Would suggest that if your under 25. Atmosphere is pretty much the same everywhere else (non-existent).

Louden Tavern is just across the road from the stadium and is busy. Several pubs on Paisley Road West which are a bit quieter.

Cheers mate. Will bear that in mind when it comes to the weekend and booking tickets

Also, we're staying for the weekend, does anyone where's the best places to go on a Friday/Saturday night?

Definitely Polo Lounge as suggested.

You need to be more specific as to what your looking for :lol: There's hundreds of pubs/clubs/restaurants in Glasgow.

Broomloan Front Area 1 is where the 'group' that stand are - it's behind the goal. Would suggest that if your under 25. Atmosphere is pretty much the same everywhere else (non-existent).

Louden Tavern is just across the road from the stadium and is busy. Several pubs on Paisley Road West which are a bit quieter.

Mate, you're talking to someone who frequents a half empty Hillsborough every other week. It's dead there unless we're playing a rival and even then it's not great even though we are doing relatively well (for my era)

But we are all under 25 so I'll give that a thought as well so thank you

You need to be more specific as to what your looking for :lol: There's hundreds of pubs/clubs/restaurants in Glasgow.

Pubs and clubs mate. Should learn to be more specific. I turn off when I'm not at work :lol:

Pubs and clubs mate. Should learn to be more specific. I turn off when I'm not at work :lol:

Need to say what age you are etc and then you would get better advice. If your into spicy Wiener then BBB is always offerng his wares at The Polo. I think he does discounts for groups but best to check with him just in case I have made an arse of it like RF have just done.

Need to say what age you are etc and then you would get better advice. If your into spicy Wiener then BBB is always offerng his wares at The Polo. I think he does discounts for groups but best to check with him just in case I have made an arse of it like RF have just done.

What is this 'Polo'?

All the referring to sausage makes me feel like it's a gay club

Not against gays or Owt but it's not my cup of tea

Weekender in Glasgow? Rangers game and out on the piss?

Absolutely, I went to Derby with you lot last pre season and loved it(from what I can remember through the beers and vodkas) so we're making a trip up to celebrate my 21st, Glaswegian style

What is this 'Polo'?

All the referring to sausage makes me feel like it's a gay club

Not against gays or Owt but it's not my cup of tea

Friday and Saturday are the gay nights in Glasgow so you're fucked mate...hopefully not literally.