Scottish Players Too Weak.

GMac

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having read some literature by a German doctor who helped the German FA write their football policy, he wrote that the three most important things to develop in footballers was mentality, technical skills and physical ability. British clubs produce many players with on point technical skills but very few with the mentality. Like Lundstram, Tunnicliffe etc

think the scotish first team regs at Ibrox are well built now

Halliday, Wallace, and now Mackay and Law seem well defined. could be the new training and professionsalism now in place?

odowa and Zel are lightweights and they came from down south though.

Law is English and oduwa and zelalem are teenagers...

Interesting topiv. This is not along ethnic lines but I wtched Hearts bully the Sheep yesterday in every department. In this instance, they appeared noT only much stronger but we're always quicker to the ball.

This is an area where we need to develop as we are often too easily pushed off the ball.

To make it at elite level you need to be highly technically gifted or a real athlete

Even better if your both

The guys like Silva for city , Modric etc will always come through

Sadly in Scotland , we don't bring through players anywhere near that level of player technically

Don't ask me why.

So to succeed in Scotland and get a move down south , you have to really work on your physical appearance and athleticism

Maybe it's just easier for English players to be tanks when they're all on mega money.

Hearts RB Callum Patterson who is about 21/22 is a bit of a tank. I would agree we could do with more players with the physicality of Waghorn, Tavernier & Kiernan in Scottish foosball because it's a bit boring watching prem teams on Sportscene when Josh Magennis is like the most physical striker in the premiership and most players aren't built and it doesn't help competition levels..

It's not all black and white of course. I think Holt and McKay are great and think players like them shouldn't have too much muscle but a lot of players in prem are beanpoles

Simple answer they eat and recover right which allows them to do more weights as well as the running/ skills etc

I used to live near Arsenals training ground in Hertfordshire and met a former Ireland rugby player in Sainsburys there. He was Arsenals Strength coach at the time.