Scottish Players Too Weak.

GMac

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/rangers-boss-mark-warburton-believes-7146362?

"That’s where his and chief scout Frank McParland’s expertise lies but he refuses to rule out a move for players in the SPFL – even though he feels even some of Rangers’ youngsters lack the physique of their English counterparts."

Always thought this was an issue. Moreso when I saw the physique of the likes of Waghorn and Tav,

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Talking about players in Scotland, Rangers could do a lot worse than call Alan Johnston and get El Bakhtaoui in now. The lad is on fire and was excellent against Ross County.

I would offer them Clark on loan to the end of the season as part of the deal.

Was just thinking that last night, his footwork and goals were absolutely superb.

I understand the sentiment but I thought we were getting away from this ' we need big men' mentality. Besides, Jason Holt seems to be doing ok.

it's not really about big men, tav isn't big in that sense but you can tell by looking at him that his athleticism and strength is something you don't see in many Scottish players which is down to training and diet. With MW in charge now and over hauling the youth set up I think we shall see more of our own youth getting into that type of build.

I understand the sentiment but I thought we were getting away from this ' we need big men' mentality. Besides, Jason Holt seems to be doing ok.

Very good point BT.

I suppose it's a matter of combining size & althleticism.

I recall a few years back Scotland's (u20's, I think) getting an absolute chasing by a Japanese team who looked like wee boys by comparison.

The Scot's lads looked like big lumps of wood (think Gary Kenneth), with little mobility or flexibility.

Re Holt, similar build to Edin Hazard - just wondering if Hazard's recent lack of form is some sort of burn-out caused by evading the clutches of the bigger 'athletes' out there?

Interesting to see how Jason develops.

Talking about players in Scotland, Rangers could do a lot worse than call Alan Johnston and get El Bakhtaoui in now. The lad is on fire and was excellent against Ross County.

20 goals in nearly 60 apps in league 1. Not good enough.

I think there's difference between being a "big man" in the hammer thrower mould of a Ross Tokely or Garry Kenneth and looking like an athlete like Kiernan, Waghorn and Tavernier do.

I said this when we first signed Keirnan.

When they released photos of his medical he looked like a tank, he's a big CB and although he doesn't have the same build as Waghorn he is solid.

Compare him with Danny Wilson (same age, similar height and weight) and its night and day, Keirnan looks like a professional footballer and Danny Wilson looks like an average guy.

I'm not saying we need to sign "big men" Jason Holt has been one of our best players this year and isn't what you would call a "big man" but there is a notable difference in the physique of players down south compared to up here.

You don't need to be big height wise but I'd say it's important for players to be strong enough and athletic enough to cope with the demands of the modern game. Look at the the different physiques of our two centre halves when they signed, Kiernan and Wilson. You can tell which one is Scottish and which one is English!

He's been on fire all season.

Aye cos Messi is shite isn't he... Fucking hate this 'too wee' argument

Pretty clear we're talking build here,not height.

For the size of him,Messi is a strong wee cunt. Boys up here are wee whippets,a slight breeze could blow them off the ball.