Our Finishing

GOAT

I know we've scored 15 goals the last three games, but we're going to need to start taking the silly chances were missing. Today could easily have been 12-1 to us. I know most will say I'm just looking to moan about something but I'm not I'm delighted about how much we've came forward in the last year. But better and fitter teams could punish us unless we take the chances.

The best example was Falkirk, we missed four or five brilliant chances that could have changed the game completely.

Coming up against top flight teams now, we'll get less chances especially away games, so we need to take the ones we do.

Also we still need another goalscoring striker.

Other than that brring on the draw.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No you're right and I completely agree, we may have scored five but we could have had a barrel load more if we converted those easy chances - which we should be scoring in the first place.

I'd still welcome another striker, now or in the summer.

Waghorn is definitely best utilised on the right, I'd like to see Hardie replace Miller from the start one day though I know it's a bit of a gamble.

I know we've scored 15 goals the last three games, but we're going to need to start taking the silly chances were missing. Today could easily have been 12-1 to us. I know most will say I'm just looking to moan about something but I'm not I'm delighted about how much we've came forward in the last year. But better and fitter teams could punish us unless we take the chances.

The best example was Falkirk, we missed four or five brilliant chances that could have changed the game completely.

Coming up against top flight teams now, we'll get less chances especially away games, so we need to take the ones we do.

Also we still need another goalscoring striker.

Other than that brring on the draw.

Yep cost us the Hibs game we lost too. Absolutely murdered them in the second half and missed so many chances to score only to lose a sloppy goal.

Yep cost us the Hibs game we lost too. Absolutely murdered them in the second half and missed so many chances to score only to lose a sloppy goal.

Cannae believe I forgot about that! We hit the bar twice and missed a few crackers that day aswell. Also Waghorn should have got an equaliser in injury time that day aswell but put it wide of the post. Those are the chances we need to be taking.

I agree that we need to be more clinical at times, and I also think our final ball and decision making at times could be better in the final third however I'm sure we are doing all we can in training/in games to ensure we are as best prepared as we can be. I think we can get better but I also think we are maybe expecting too much at times, and maybe over analyse a little too much. Even the Barca's, Reals and Messi's, Ronaldos of this world miss numerous chances. That is always going to happen. Even though Ronaldo and Messi score around 50 a season they probably miss around 3, 4, 5 times more than they convert. If they still miss chances then what chance do you have!

That said the players and management should always endeavour to better themselves, improve and ensure everything within their control (finishing, shooting practice, crosses, cut backs, volleys, right foot, left foot, headers, movement, practice, fitness, drills, confidence, belief, attitude etc) is carried out to the best of their ability. Things like great goalkeeping, luck and the occasional bad touch/finish will always happen though......

No you're right and I completely agree, we may have scored five but we could have had a barrel load more if we converted those easy chances - which we should be scoring in the first place.

I'd still welcome another striker, now or in the summer.

Waghorn is definitely best utilised on the right, I'd like to see Hardie replace Miller from the start one day though I know it's a bit of a gamble.

Hardie isn't anywhere near ready especially for the way we play. Miller is the much better option now.

We will definitely need a new striker for next season. It would be decent to get one now too especially if Clark goes.

Hardie isn't anywhere near ready especially for the way we play. Miller is the much better option now.

We will definitely need a new striker for next season. It would be decent to get one now too especially if Clark goes.

Rightly it's MWs decision.

But Hardie has done nothing wrong when he's played. Did well even in the debacle that was last year. The gaffer does seem to rate him too despite restricting his game time.

Miller has one good game and one ok for every 3 or 4 poor games. He just offers so little other than possession away.

For a team that work on possession play and fluid football he stands as a weak link. Don't see why anyone doesn't think Hardie could replace him and do a better job.

Rightly it's MWs decision.

But Hardie has done nothing wrong when he's played. Did well even in the debacle that was last year. The gaffer does seem to rate him too despite restricting his game time.

Miller has one good game and one ok for every 3 or 4 poor games. He just offers so little other than possession away.

For a team that work on possession play and fluid football he stands as a weak link. Don't see why anyone doesn't think Hardie could replace him and do a better job.

I disagree. Haven't seen much from Hardie to indicate that he would play better than Miller at the moment. Miller isn't the best and we will 100% need someone better than him next season but at the moment he is the best option unless we play Waghorn down the middle like the start of the season.

Also thought Miller was good today. Set up Wallace's goal with a nice pass and got involved all over the place.