Zelalem

Bellshill_Bear

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly divides opinion on here. He constantly roams the pitch linking the play, which is an integral role in how we play under MW system. MW rates him very highly, that's enough for me.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get him back next year, which will be fun on here.

He also needs to learn to take a crack at goal. He had some very decent chances today, but seemed a bit to scared to pull the trigger.

Aye, he doesn't look a 'natural finisher' and he'll need to work on that if he's going to break into the Arsenal team. 2 or 3 guilt edge chances, tbh though I think some of our fans expect way too much from an 18 year old. That's the same if he's from Arsenal or Auchenhowie. Some Rangers fans need to learn patience with young players.

Aye, he doesn't look a 'natural finisher' and he'll need to work on that if he's going to break into the Arsenal team. 2 or 3 guilt edge chances, tbh though I think some of our fans expect way too much from an 18 year old. That's the same if he's from Arsenal or Auchenhowie. Some Rangers fans need to learn patience with young players.

I don't think it's asking too much for the best option in the positon, to start the game. IMO Law is the beter player ( right now) in that position. That could and probably would change over time, as he shows some real talent, a great passing vision, and is a good prospect for the future. It's a cup game tough, and a few changes isn't really a bad thing, tbh it's nothing more than a minor critisism, and a valid one at that.

It's not a lack of paitence, I just think Law offers more just now.

Still not convinced, his best two performances have been against league one opposition. He looked far more positive going forward and didn't seem to slow the ball down like he usually does. He was also a lot more energetic today, hopefully his spell on the sidelines has lit the rocket up his arse and he kicks on from here.

I don't think it's asking too much for the best option in the positon, to start the game. IMO Law is the beter player ( right now) in that position. That could and probably would change over time, as he shows some real talent, a great passing vision, and is a good prospect for the future. It's a cup game tough, and a few changes isn't really a bad thing, tbh it's nothing more than a minor critisism, and a valid one at that.

It's not a lack of paitence, I just think Law offers more just now.

Aye, and the manager disagrees.

Tbh I can see the reasoning about persevering with young loan players. If we want EPL teams etc to loan us their best young talent then we have to have a manager who rates them and is willing to be patient with them.

The likes of Zelalem, Oduwa and Ball weren't loaned to us to train and sit on the bench. Considering how well we are doing I can't see the problem tbh, but I rate Law less than most on here.

Also MW said he's not long come back from 8 weeks out so that's why Nicky didn't start today.

He played well, the boy has tons of talent but what happened to Law? Seemed like an odd omission to me.

Just back from injury so wasn't the worst idea. We're going to need him to play a lot of games between now and the end of the season and play well. The fitter he is now the better.

Personally, I'm all or giving young players every opportunity to perform, Rangers players. I'm one of the first to say to give them every opportunity to make it and receive game time. That really is the actual point, if they are going to contribute to our future then happy days. However, the fact we bring players in on loan would suggest they automatically be far superior to a number of our players and be one of the best players we have - certainly not the case with him - otherwise we are simply developing a future player for an EPL team. I don't give a fuck what age a loan player is, they are here to improve the team as these days we cant compete with most teams from the EPL. If they are clearly not a cut above, what is the fucking point of them being here: aside from, as Ingio suggested, the hope of receiving future, more capable players from said EPL teams.

Speaking for myself, in that instance, there is a huge difference between a player from Auhenhowie or Arsenal.

Still not convinced, his best two performances have been against league one opposition. He looked far more positive going forward and didn't seem to slow the ball down like he usually does. He was also a lot more energetic today, hopefully his spell on the sidelines has lit the rocket up his arse and he kicks on from here.

If you say something often enough, you may actually believe it. Zelalem doesn't slow play down, he keeps possession which is the name of our game. There's a big difference. There's little between him & Law when it comes to this.

Aye but that's why warburton says young players will only get the chance if they're good enough, so we should be expecting more from someone who's been in the team an awful lot.

Had a good game today tbf.

If you say something often enough, you may actually believe it. Zelalem doesn't slow play down, he keeps possession which is the name of our game. There's a big difference. There's little between him & Law when it comes to this.

The games where we are unable to break the two banks of four stem from us not moving the ball quick enough as it allows them to get back in position. Our system does require us to move the ball quickly but at the same time prioritise keeping it, which is why we need high quality players to play our system.

I wasn't impressed with him his last few games but I thought he did well today, there was times in the match when I was just watching him and it's not until you focus on watching him alone you can see how good he can be. The way he keeps the play flowing and how he reads the game is excellent

Personally, I'm all or giving young players every opportunity to perform, Rangers players. I'm one of the first to say to give them every opportunity to make it and receive game time. That really is the actual point, if they are going to contribute to our future then happy days. However, the fact we bring players in on loan would suggest they automatically be far superior to a number of our players and be one of the best players we have - certainly not the case with him - otherwise we are simply developing a future player for an EPL team. I don't give a fuck what age a loan player is, they are here to improve the team as these days we cant compete with most teams from the EPL. If they are clearly not a cut above, what is the fucking point of them being here: aside from, as Ingio suggested, the hope of receiving future, more capable players from said EPL teams.

Speaking for myself, in that instance, there is a huge difference between a player from Auhenhowie or Arsenal.

Whether he's from Auchenhowie or Arsenal or wherever won't stop peoples expectations. If a teenager doesn't set the heather alight every game people will turn on them. It's happened too often to be a coincidence. Rangers fans have no time for inconsistent players, and by definition young players will be inconsistent.

Whether you or I like it or not, MW rates these loans better than our own youth currently. He's repeatedly mentioned it's up to our youngsters to be better than who he brings in.

This is MW plan, to rely on and trust young players. Either Rangers supporters learn and adapt to that philosophy or we have to change.

Absolute bollocks, our style of play isn't just about possession. Law keeps the ball just as well as Zelalem does but then add to this the ability to take players on, shoot, and contribute defensively. He's had two good games against Airdire and Cowdeneath and struggled in the championsip. He did look a lot more energetic though and hopefully being dropped to the bench for a few games has lit the rocket up his arse.

Whether he's from Auchenhowie or Arsenal or wherever won't stop peoples expectations. If a teenager doesn't set the heather alight every game people will turn on them. It's happened too often to be a coincidence. Rangers fans have no time for inconsistent players, and by definition young players will be inconsistent.

Whether you or I like it or not, MW rates these loans better than our own youth currently. He's repeatedly mentioned it's up to our youngsters to be better than who he brings in.

This is MW plan, to rely on and trust young players. Either Rangers supporters learn and adapt to that philosophy or we have to change.

Some people perhaps, yes, however, myself, I'm not one of them. That said, however, there is no point in having him on the pitch if there are better options available. He's not here to be better than out youths - otherwise we really are turning into a fucking EPL feeder club - he's here to be one of our best players, otherwise, why is he here exactly.

Someone like a Weiss came in - albeit a bit overrated by some - and he was quite clearly one of our best players and a cut above at the top tier. I'd prefer a team full of Rangers players, however, accept where Scottish football is and if we can bring in quality to give us a chance at titles / make an impact in Europe, then so be it. That is a world away from the standard of player we have this season, and I would hope that as we continue to use this market we get players more capable than being just better than our youths, never mind players who actually turn out to be some of our best; otherwise, were just up here developing future success for the likes of Arsenal.

And whether you like it or not, the fact that MW has benched him in almost every crucial game. that should tell you more about what he actually thinks about him.

On a side note, I'm more than happy to give our youth as long as they need, particularly these days, it's what we must do. On that, we agree wholeheartedly.

Sorry but you can't put Zelalem, Ball and Oduwa in the same bracket as our youth. The loanees aren't signed for their future talent, Warburton brought them in to improve our squad and play a heavy part in the first team. Our youngsters are the future, the loanees are the present. Their place in the starting eleven should be judged on merit and not on their potential a few years down the line.

Quality player. Said before theres a reason why hes at Arsenal. The kid is 18 and yes he probably does need to take more shots and speed up some of his passes but thats what hes here for, to learb. I think hes a good player and will go on to the very top of world football. People need to appreciate his age and talent for where he is at in his career.

I'm still naw convinced about him. He's obviously got a good football brain I just find him a bit frustrating at times. He doesn't ever look like he's 100% going for the ball. Always looks a bit off the pace, but he's young and will learn, if I'm honest I'd rather see Thompson getting a run as he's our player, there's no way Zela will be with us next season so I'd rather one of our own was getting match time.