Hivs Favourites To Sign Stokes

RFC55

ANTHONY STOKES looks set to push for a move to Hibs.

SunSport revealed last month that Easter Road boss Alan Stubbs wanted to sign the out-of-favour Hoops hitman on a loan deal until the end of the season.

And we now understand Stokes is prepared to make the switch to the promotion-chasing Championship outfit.

Main Image

Stokes is keen on Hibs

Inverness Caley Thistle are also in the hunt for the 27-year-old along with Dundee United.

Caley Jags boss John Hughes was the man to bring Stokes to Scotland when he was in charge of Falkirk.

And Yogi has already offered the striker the opportunity to resurrect his career in the Highlands.

READ MORE:

Carlos Mane: I am keen on Celts

Stranraer 0 Celtic 3: Leigh Griffiths at the double as Hoops go through

Hoops star Griff bucks trend to avoid hair op curse

But Stokes is understood to be excited by the prospect of working with Hibees gaffer Stubbs for the next four months.

Liam Henderson is already on loan at Hibs from Celtic and has been singing Stubbs praises along with Dylan McGeouch who made the move last summer.

Informal talks between the clubs have taken place with Stokes likely to make a final decision thcoming.

I think nearly everyone could see this one coming. For all he's a maky rat bastard this would improve hibs big time, especially if they can keep Cummings

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardly mate but they'll be more than good enough to score goals in this league,Stokes would be a massive upgrade on Keatings no?

I haven't seen enough of Keatings to say if I rate him or not but aye you'd imagine Stokes would be an upgrade. Having saying that, Keatings averaged a goal every three games for Hearts in this very division last year with the likes of Sow and Nicholson chipping in as well. Funnily enough, the only positive thing Stokes has ever done against us outwith diving at Ibrox to win a penalty for the papes is score twice against us for Hibs so time will tell. Stokes possibly signing for them doesn't worry me in the slightest. As Waghorn has said, we have the better players, squad and team.

I haven't seen enough of Keatings to say if I rate him or not but aye you'd imagine Stokes would be an upgrade. Having saying that, Keatings averaged a goal every three games for Hearts in this very division last year with the likes of Sow and Nicholson chipping in as well. Funnily enough, the only positive thing Stokes has ever done against us outwith diving at Ibrox to win a penalty for the papes is score twice against us for Hibs so time will tell. Stokes possibly signing for them doesn't worry me in the slightest. As Waghorn has said, we have the better players, squad and team.

I'm not worried about facing them,more the fact that I don't see them dropping many points against the others so we'll need to be on top of our game,no more daft slip ups like the Morton/Falkirk results

Sky sources understand Wolves are showing an interest in Hibernian striker Jason Cummings.

Wolves are looking to bolster their attack after the sale of Benik Afobe to Bournemouth over the weekend but are yet to make a bid for Scotland U21 international Cummings

The 20-year-old has been in impressive form throughout the campaign scoring 16 goals for the Easter Road side this season as Hibs battle with Falkirk and Rangers for automatic promotion to the Scottish Premiership