Some Dodgy Song Choices Yesterday?

RFC55

Media are fannies :lol: Nothing about the shitting in a bag and throwing it at opposing fans.... nothing about the IRAoke that went on for 90 mins. Moaned about a couple of flares, then just because they have said something negative about them, he feels he needs to even it up by talking about our singing ( which I didn't hear on the TV at all)

How they can call themselves journalists and look at themselves in the mirror with ny sort of self respect is beyond me. I'd rather be on the dole than one of those parasitic bastards in the media.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How they can call themselves journalists and look at themselves in the mirror with ny sort of self respect is beyond me. I'd rather be on the dole than one of those parasitic bastards in the media.

This. It honestly baffles me in all seriousness. How can they write such obvious pathetic petty nonsense and then go home at night thinking theyve made something of themselves. How, as a journalist, can you write something like Leckies column then go home knowing that most of what you wrote is lies or was just put there to wind people up when youre supposedly a journalist for a National Newspaper.

Someone just sent me a picture of the paper, he doesn;t say sectarian - he's tried to be clever and half heartedly accuse Rangers fans without actually doing so.

Helmet.

I'll edit the title but aye he's suggesting it was dodgy which is fucking pathetic

Someone just sent me a picture of the paper, he doesn;t say sectarian - he's tried to be clever and half heartedly accuse Rangers fans without actually doing so.

Helmet.

Yeah.

Doesn't really matter if he says the word sectarian or not. The implication is clear for all to see and there is no such implication re the ones that actually did sing debatable stuff yesterday. Poor stuff.

If our club had any sense they would use the double standards portrayed from the scum yesterday compared to the hivs games and use that as our defence, also the made up stuff from lekkie

Scottish media have selective hearing and show their colours with bigoted stories .

Has anyone posted his column yet?

Only just realised that he didn't even mention their singing. Unbelievable...

Fans not showing flare play

ANOTHER high-profile Celtic away day. Another barrage of flares from their fans.

And as the smoke cleared and the live telly tie at Stranraer finally kicked off, it was once again clear that no amount of warnings can stop these numpties taking centre stage.

First question? How stewards and police could let them in armed with this stuff, when you just know your six-year-old would have a plastic Fruit Shoot bottle confiscated.

Yes, the club banned two after incidents away to Fenerbahce last month. That clearly doesn’t seem to have discouraged it, though¿.¿.¿.¿so it’s back to Peter Lawwell, above, for solutions.

All this, by the way, after tuning into Rangers-Cowdenbeath to hear a corner of what’s ironically called the Family Stand droning out of the same old, same old party songs.

Illegal? Political? Cultural? Who cares. They’re just plain boring and it’s time to move on to — ooh, I don’t know, something to do with football?

meh, flares are soooooo 70's anyhoo

Funny how in the DR as well, it's 'offensive' singing sellic fans have indulged in, whereas ours was 'sectarian' a few days ago.

The offending words terms being 'up the Ra' etc and 'Fenian blood'. Surely they're both sectarian or they're both not?

hes a clown

That said, I do wish we would just cut it all together - loads of other songs we could sing. I know it's unpopular to say so but if something potentially hurts the club then you just shouldn't do it.

Just cos they get away with it isn't an excuse either. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Anyway I expect abuse for saying that but how I feel

Here's the thing. There ARE plenty of other songs the supporters could sing that shouldn't land the club in trouble BUT then you have bigots (and thick cvnts) like Leckie, English etc who'll either misconstrue what's being sung or in this case just make it up.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. So fvck them, sing the traditional songs, change one word in TBB and everything's tickety-boo.

Seem to be sweeping the sellic singing uner the carpet on RC too. The chat is of 'Rangers' sectarian singing and sellic's throwing of flares'. Sweeping the rest under the carpet.

Well they've never stopped talking about it on Radio Ireland(Scotland), which was and is a surprise to me. But that count English is not on and maybe MW comments about disrespectful to him and us in general have gotten through their thick boned skulls?

:lol: :lol:

A bunch of mental ultras that are scared to sing a song.

And im 26, ive sat in BF1 and BF2 numerous times, 90% of the folk in the UB area are about 14.

They can sing what they like I just think half of their songs are shite and cringey, and its a bit hypocritical for them to start singing all these songs about the billy boys when youve just told me theyre scared to sing the acutal Billy Boys because they'll get bother off the polis.

To be fair, you seem to act about 14, so you should be right at home in there.