Your Stance On Selling Our Players.

I know every team in the world is a selling club, when a buying side wants to through insane amounts of money for players then suppose it's inevitable. However...

In my opinion we shouldn't be selling any of our players wether it be this window or in the summer. I don't see anybody willing to pay 'insane' amounts of money for players signed for peanuts in the summer after half a season or 1 excellent season in the championship of Scotland. So £1m or £2m for our best players shouldn't be entertained at all. The value of these players to the team we are trying to build to compete is worth more IMO. You can't keep finding Tav's, Waghorns and Holts for that type of money. We need to build a team.

It doesn't strike me as the type of player we have too just jump ship as soon as England comes calling like so many Scottish or even European players that have used us as a stepping stone. The players we signed struggled down south so they appreciate what they have here, same with Halliday and Holt. Genuinely excited by the type of player we have here, young, hungry, with ability and something to prove. They have only seen a tiny glimpse of what Rangers are about as a club against Hibs on the 28th. Imagine what it will be like for them when we are back in the big time playing in Europe and skelping the tarriers...

If the board where to sell any player just now or even in the summer then it raises serious questions about where we are going as a club, especially as we are supposed to be about building not weakening. Ok if someone offers crazy money for a player we might not have a choice, and it might make sense. But not for anything less than a handsome offer. People on here have said 'oh but if Sheff Wed come in and double Waggy's wages he will be away' but for me I don't think that's true. Call me naive if you like but I think our players are more about football and trophies than struggling in the championship. If a EPL side comes calling them it's a different ball game...

What's your thoughts ...

We are a selling club, with that has to come success as well though but tbh they go hand in hand, picking up players for next to nothing then getting inflated fees and moving them on has to be part of our plan, providing we are confident enough we can source effective replacements.

If we sold Foderingham and Waghorn in the summer for a profit then of course I'd be disappointed but that's how we have to operate now.

I'm quite sure we would bring in adequate replacements then start the circle again.

Wouldn't sell anyone until back in top division, after that the reality is we'll be trying to find the odd gem we can get 2 years out of them sell on for £5-10m

It's the only way we'll be able to fund new players IMO

Correct no point selling our players until they are at peak of value ,hopefully the msm will hype them like the overrated players that the savilles have punted in recent years

I won't hold my breath though expect no favours from that lot

Absolutely agree with all these posts so far, but surely the value in selling them before we play in the top league or Europe isn't worth it!??

I agree buying players for £500k or a £1m to sell for 5x that at least the next season or 2 is exactly the way to go. But for me we shouldn't be selling these players for that low an amount.

I'm happy to sell as long as we play it correctly...we should look to the other side of the city, whether you like it or not, and try to maximise the value of our own like they do.

I feel over the years we've short changed ourselves especially given our financial situation...but surely now, with some stability, we can now hold out for millions more than we would have previously.

Even if we do take a stance of not selling our best players for a while, money talks, and if a decent bid is made and the player has a chance to earn serious money then that will be that. Players have the power to decide whether to leave a club or not and clubs have their hands tied, at the end of the day.

But no disappointing deals, please, Rangers

The model of buying young and at a low price, improving them and selling them is obviously the ultimate aim.

Everybody has a price. Even now, although ideally you want to get a few years from people before you sell them. You need to try to get some degree of continuity and to get some use from a player. Things changing that bit too often probably isn't a good thing.

I'm hoping to see Waghorn, Tavernier and a few others sign slightly longer contracts with this aim in mind, as with Holt and Halliday.

But it don't sing or dance and it don't walk.

"As long as I can have you..Here with me..I'd much rather be..Forever In Blue Jeans Babe.." :animal::blush:

Not to take the piss out of the OP just couldn't resist....Neil Diamond..CLASS.. :ot:

To get back to the point..If we get a decent enough offer then we sell..I can remember being shocked when we accepted Marseilles bid for Trevor Steven..and then we had all the money in the world..It is now a situation that we will have to accept..Our players may leave, but at fear of repeating myself as long as they are going for decent money and being replaced then it's ok wae me..

We really should be maximising their worth like Cellic. Yesterday Rogic was touted for Leeds, today hes apparently on the verge of signing a new contract, hence meaning they get more money cause of the longer contract. Collins was asked months ago what he thought of Tierney's performances his first reply was "hes a £5m left back" the kid had played about 8 games it the time. We need to start standing strong, especially with those who are on 2 year contracts or more we should be maximising their worth.

Personally I don't think any will go until we've won the league and then we should be looking to cash in with the players and rightfully so they probably will play at a higher level but we should not be bossed about by clubs who have more money.

Not against selling as long as players are valued correctly and we can identify and bring suitable replacements. I do worry that money received from selling players may not get pumped back into the team. If that is correctly addressed and the board listen to the manager's team with regards pricing of players to be sold then I can live with it.

I have long believed that we should always be looking to buy low & sell high, this means that we will always lose our better players but only ever for a profit.

We sell ourselves to other young talent as a stepping stone to the riches that is the EPL, a route through which they showcase their talent & skill and get the move they desire and we get to benefit from that prodigious talent and make a profit too.

With that method, the support MUST come to realise that we will ALWAYS lose our best players, this also applies to our own reared talent.