Bidding For Players From Scottish Clubs

Ferris Bueller

Not only would they be weakening themselves they would have been strengthening their biggest rivals. What message was that sending to their fans?

Yet we gave Hibs McGregor for free, granted he's not as good as Kiernan and just below Wilson but point still stands. The boy got player of the year under us and we gave him to Hibs.

We've also got Walsh out on loan to Dumbarton, another team that's in our league, Halkett is away to Livinston, there is also Murdoch at QotS, Crawford at Alloa and Gallacher at St Mirren.

That's 6 players we've that's on loan or been given too other teams in our division.

Like I said with McGregor, none of they boys were getting first team action with us but we are still given them away to other clubs who despise us.

EDIT: It seems to me that other clubs are cutting their noses off to spite their faces.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet we gave Hibs McGregor for free, granted he's not as good as Kiernan and just below Wilson but point still stands. The boy got player of the year under us and we gave him to Hibs.

We've also got Walsh out on loan to Dumbarton, another team that's in our league, Halkett is away to Livinston, there is also Murdoch at QotS, Crawford at Alloa and Gallacher at St Mirren.

That's 6 players we've that's on loan or been given too other teams in our division.

Like I said with McGregor, none of they boys were getting first team action with us but we are still given them away to other clubs who despise us.

EDIT: It seems to me that other clubs are cutting their noses off to spite their faces.

McGregor had already been freed, he then chose to go to Hibs. The stronger the other the teams are the more chance they have of taking points off Hibs ;)

Do I want Rangers to only sign players from Scottish clubs who are good enough? Yes. Who is that you might ask; players like Jason Holt (£65k from hearts) Lee Wallace (1.5 mil from hearts), Barrie McKay (free probably with dev. Fee to Killie)

Do I want Rangers to overpay for these types of players? No.

Because st Johnstone (and the rest of them) are skint and only have one good player they are acting like he is worth double his real value.

English market is far more likely to find the right players at the right price, but you can't turn down true Rangers when they turn up in Scotland every once in a while even such as Davie Cooper who I'm sure we signed from Motherwell. Waldo is also a true ranger who we can be glad we signed from another Scottish club.

No disrespect but all the people saying Armstrong Mackey Steven etc don't cut it, well all of you seem to have conveniently left out Ryan Christie who looks a better prospect than every other CFC prem signing.

We missed out on Ryan Gauld due to slacking at the time.

Cooper came from Clydebank mate. We later sold him to Motherwell.

to be fair to St J, There asking price for O'Halloran is based on what they would get in prize money, gate receipts etc.

Although I don't think he is worth that. I can see where they are coming from with their valuation of him.

Spot on. They also got £800k for Stevie May did they not?

St Johnstone are a pretty well run, debt free club. Why should they sell on the cheap just because it's Rangers? The player is under contract. With Hibs surely you can see their POV? Not only would they be weakening themselves they would have been strengthening their biggest rivals. What message was that sending to their fans?

Contrary to our belief...it's not all about Rangers.

I agree with your post until the last part.

In Scottish Football EVERYTHING is about Rangers!!!

I honestly think with Warburtons great deals so far bar the defenders he will be able to find better/cheaper player in England where he has more contacts.

Scottish football are happy to see us where we are not where we want to be.

MW has already stated in press conferences that he won't pay over the odds for players, he places a value on them and if clubs want more than he is willing to give he won't let it drag out too long and will just move on to other targets instead.

Seeing that MW and the scouting team haven't really put a major foot wrong yet in their signings I would rather trust his judgement than be filled with spite and hatred to these other clubs when it comes to getting their possible better players. I can easily hate them in other ways.

Do I want Rangers to only sign players from Scottish clubs who are good enough? Yes. Who is that you might ask; players like Jason Holt (£65k from hearts) Lee Wallace (1.5 mil from hearts), Barrie McKay (free probably with dev. Fee to Killie)

Do I want Rangers to overpay for these types of players? No.

Because st Johnstone (and the rest of them) are skint and only have one good player they are acting like he is worth double his real value.

English market is far more likely to find the right players at the right price, but you can't turn down true Rangers when they turn up in Scotland every once in a while even such as Davie Cooper who I'm sure we signed from Motherwell. Waldo is also a true ranger who we can be glad we signed from another Scottish club.

No disrespect but all the people saying Armstrong Mackey Steven etc don't cut it, well all of you seem to have conveniently left out Ryan Christie who looks a better prospect than every other CFC prem signing.

We missed out on Ryan Gauld due to slacking at the time.

Thats one big pile of shite to be honest, how could you wax lyrical about signing a real Ranger, use Davie Cooper as some kind of example and not know where he came from?

Then you talk about Ryan Gauld, we were just heading into the Championship at the time, the boy is one of them yet made it clear he wouldn't sign for a club in Scotland as he fancied moving abroad, he cost Sporting £3m...that was two years ago, it'll be a long time yet before we spend £3m on anyone never mind a prospect with only one Season under his belt.

our loan players to these clubs will hopefully strengthen them in the division BUT they will have an agreement that they don't play against us! That way (hopefully) points will be taken off our promotion rivals (or at least make them work for their points)and so strengthen our own position. At the same time getting game time and showing MW if they've got enough in their locker to be at Ibrox!

Why should St Johnstone sell for below what they see is a value of a player? According to reports, bids have been around £150k, which they are saying is way below what they value him at. We either go to the table and negotiate or step back.

How would we feel if we sold Waghorn for say £250k when the club value him at 7 figures? I would be fuming!

St Johnstone well within their rights to push for the most amount of money for their player. Just because it is a bigger club coming for the player, it doesn't mean they should roll over easily and accept any ridiculous bid!

Its all good puffing the chest out and saying "Fuck them, we can do better", well you do realise we wouldnt have had Kris Boyds record SPL goals and umpteen titles with the likes of him and Paysmith etc.

If the player is good enough and can do a turn then why should we look away and allow the tims or whoever else to get them just because we are bitter bastarts?

The logic on here is utterly bizarre.

It's becoming clear for a few reasons that we will struggle to get value for money if we are buying in Scotland.

Waghorn/Tavernier for a total of 400k shows what we can get. In Scotland we should be looking at free transfers for the time-being.

MW has already stated in press conferences that he won't pay over the odds for players, he places a value on them and if clubs want more than he is willing to give he won't let it drag out too long and will just move on to other targets instead.

Seeing that MW and the scouting team haven't really put a major foot wrong yet in their signings I would rather trust his judgement than be filled with spite and hatred to these other clubs when it comes to getting their possible better players. I can easily hate them in other ways.

Watching MW in the press interview last night and its like a breath of fresh air seeing a manager talking sense, putting his points across fairly, honestly, intelligently and forcefully to a mhedia who are either stupid or with an agenda. How they must hate it now having to face MW in the press conferences.

Love how it is all about Rangers and business with him and no side issues, pals act or bitterness. We, the fans, can see exactly where he is coming from and he is exactly right. If a player is right for us MW obviously has a value for him in his mind. He starts low as we all would, increases to his set limits and if the selling club want more he just moves on. Clubs will soon realise this is the way we do business now and if they are not willing to sell at the price offered we will just look for an alternative player and they lose a sale. :)

It's bloody marvellous we have such a smart guy at our club.

And just for giggles the scum have Ronnie Diarrhoea.

:mutley:

This ^^^^^^^^^ I 100% agree with.

I'd prefer not to buy any players from any Scottish Club ever again.

I'd scour the lower leagues in England and do my business there, as we are at present.

Not one penny of Rangers Money should go their way in my opinion.

They have tried all they know to kill us off, and failed.

At the end of the day, they Hate us with a vengeance, so, not for me, ever.

Don't see why bridgeman is getting pelters for this. Some people (Godfather eg) are not reading the post properly. It clearly says "PREFER" not to buy from Scottish clubs, thereby implying that, if the right player is available at the right price in Scotland, we go for him. I agree, however, that we are likely to get better value in England. The examples being quoted of us getting decent players from Scottish teams relate to a time when Scottish football was more competitive and entertaining than it is now and so is not a true comparison. It is like saying we should now only buy Clde-built ships.

Let's be clear on this, its NOT the club's or fans that "hate us" it's the rampant Tim element within that club, thats where it stems from. Be it Chairman, manager, or even outspoken local journalist that turn normally impartial fans against us. Don't mind the no one likes us angle but let's have it right. Its the cancer of the plastic paddy that's infiltrated SCOTTISH SOCIETY over the years working away nibbling like fucking rats.

Fixed that for you

Thats one big pile of shite to be honest, how could you wax lyrical about signing a real Ranger, use Davie Cooper as some kind of example and not know where he came from?

Then you talk about Ryan Gauld, we were just heading into the Championship at the time, the boy is one of them yet made it clear he wouldn't sign for a club in Scotland as he fancied moving abroad, he cost Sporting £3m...that was two years ago, it'll be a long time yet before we spend £3m on anyone never mind a prospect with only one Season under his belt.

You honed in on two minor points of the post. My whole argument was that we must always keep an eye open for Scottish talent, or 3 years ago we wouldn't have signed Barrie McKay (part of the future of Rangers, will probably be part of a RFC wing wizards dvd in a decade or two) for free, and my point was also that we shouldn't buy them if scottish clubs try to inflate the fees when we buy (like MW has stated 'he won't be held to ransom over fees')